You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Iowa
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
Adding on to the scholarship train, +1 Dean’s Scholarship!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goldenretriever99
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed on Oct 16th received an acceptance?
slimypeanut
Full Member
OOS II +1!
beetle12
Full Member
It is on the secondary application portal.Has anyone who has received the scholarship found where it is on the MyUI website?
poopydoops
Full Member
Any current Iowa CCOM students I can DM with questions?
bananaboat10
Full Member
How soon after interviewing were y’all informed of your status (acceptance, alternate list, final pool, etc)?
pmfromiowa
Full Member
The final pool happens in Jan, alternate list happens around Mar. You usually don't hear anything except for acceptances until January, when they start to reject.How soon after interviewing were y’all informed of your status (acceptance, alternate list, final pool, etc)?
Pantherdoctordream
New Member
Does anyone know if they review all candidates from the same interview date at the same time. For exmaple, if another interviewed on your date and has been accepted, can you assume you won't hear until January?
exileinandersonville
Full Member
Per the email I got after my interview from admissions:Does anyone know if they review all candidates from the same interview date at the same time. For exmaple, if another interviewed on your date and has been accepted, can you assume you won't hear until January?
"Our committee does NOT review applications in chronological order of interview date, so if you have not heard from us, don't panic!"
So it seems like they don't batch review by interview day but idk.
OOS II, complete 9/23
greymolerat
Full Member
OOS II just now! Complete 9/3
Do you have strong ties to Iowa? I submitted same day and hoping for similar news!OOS II just now! Complete 9/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greymolerat
Full Member
Do you have strong ties to Iowa? I submitted same day and hoping for similar news!
Minimal ties actually—just lived in the Midwest for a bit [emoji28]
poopydoops
Full Member
Any As today?
OOS A 😍!!!!! Interviewed 10/30. Very excited!
Congratz!OOS A 😍!!!!! Interviewed 10/30. Very excited!
PotatoBean
Full Member
Ha, twinsies. 🎉. Honored to keep your company, Mr. MacrophageOOS A 😍!!!!! Interviewed 10/30. Very excited!
OOS A. Complete 07/12, interviewed 10/30
I look forward to meeting you at second look, my friend!Ha, twinsies. 🎉. Honored to keep your company, Mr. Macrophage
OOS A. Complete 07/12, interviewed 10/30
randoapplicant
New Member
IS A two days ago on Tuesday! Got busy haha.
Complete early June and interviewed 9/16
Super excited!!!!
Complete early June and interviewed 9/16
Super excited!!!!
+1 pre-II R just now
HalTheHalibut
Full Member
IS A today! Interviewed late September. I can't stop crying; I'm going to be a doctor!!
+1 OOS A! Interviewed end of October 😊
D
deleted1190090
+1 pre-II R. Good luck everyone else!
TheBolter07
Full Member
OOS A!
WinterSnowball
Full Member
Congrats! If you don't mind, when did you interview?OOS A!
WinterSnowball
Full Member
For those interviewed, do they give you a call for an acceptance or send an email?
PotatoBean
Full Member
Was all through email/the portal for meFor those interviewed, do they give you a call for an acceptance or send an email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
Running out of ideas for interview prep— any advice from someone who’s interviewed at CCOM already this cycle?
PotatoBean
Full Member
Go through the SDN interview questions, have all your basics covered (why Iowa, etc.). IIRC at least a couple of the questions are uniform and given to most everyone.Running out of ideas for interview prep— any advice from someone who’s interviewed at CCOM already this cycle?
There was nothing particularly unusual about the interview; closed-file, pretty standard, etc.
exileinandersonville
Full Member
OOS A!!!!! MY FIRST A!!! IM GONNA BE A DR!!!!
+1 OOS A! Interviewed the week before thanksgiving so damn they moved fast. Hype!!! (Dear scholarship recipients, was it in the same update or did you get notified later?)
The scholarship email came later.
PotatoBean
Full Member
I'm so brain-dead from interview season; can someone remind me what the scholarship thing was/is?The scholarship email came later.
Iowa is one of the few schools to send rolling merit scholarships (most schools only send them in March/April)!I'm so brain-dead from interview season; can someone remind me what the scholarship thing was/is?
gohawks2029
New Member
IS A 🤗 interviewed 9/16
Pantherdoctordream
New Member
Congratulations!IS A two days ago on Tuesday! Got busy haha.
Complete early June and interviewed 9/16
Super excited!!!!
westernblotter
Full Member
How bad is it if I interviewed mid-October and have not heard back yet? I am starting to get concerned seeing that multiple people have gotten acceptances who interviewed after me.
goldenretriever99
Full Member
In the same boat, trying not to stress too much about it. Didn’t they say that they don’t review applicants in order of date?How bad is it if I interviewed mid-October and have not heard back yet? I am starting to get concerned seeing that multiple people have gotten acceptances who interviewed after me.
PotatoBean
Full Member
From what I recall it's rolling admissions and not necessarily in order of application/interviewIn the same boat, trying not to stress too much about it. Didn’t they say that they don’t review applicants in order of date?
I think at the interview day, they said if you don't receive decision in about 1 month, your decision will come in feb. pls correct me if I'm wrong
goldenretriever99
Full Member
I don’t believe so…since some people have gotten acceptances more than a month out from interviewingI think at the interview day, they said if you don't receive decision in about 1 month, your decision will come in feb. pls correct me if I'm wrong
Posting late but +1 II OOS but regionally close...( Omaha)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WinterSnowball
Full Member
Does anyone know how often they roll out acceptances? Is it every week?
Last edited:
littlebug<3
New Member
IS or OOS?How bad is it if I interviewed mid-October and have not heard back yet? I am starting to get concerned seeing that multiple people have gotten acceptances who interviewed after me.
w0ndermed25
Full Member
Does anybody know when Iowa stops interviewing? As in if we don't have an II by the start of Jan we probably won't get one?
westernblotter
Full Member
OOSIS or OOS?