You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Iowa
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1+ 1 OOS R
Decaying_Isotope
Full Member
+1 OOS R, complete August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS R
+1 OOS R
+1 OOS R
I am going to guess the little gift in the Carver portal is a friendly little rejection letter. OOS R, stats in signature.
+[emoji23[emoji[emoji6[emoji640]2][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640]2][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640]1]]] OOS R
I have also been carved
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
OOS R. What a way to reject us. Make us go to the portal and have a letter for us to read rejecting us.
FlaptavianBird
Full Member
Bummed about this one
w0ndermed25
Full Member
First R of the cycle. Surprised it took this long tbh. Officially carved off
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
OOS R l
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1193887
OOS R, LM 65, pre-II
chronicallyonline
Full Member
It seems like it. Based on prior years, final pool will be Wednesday next week.Are all of the R's so far for people who did not interview?
shmockles18
Full Member
oos pre ii R
Malignwine
Full Member
Wait, I'm confused. So if they follow last year's trend, they'll give the decisions on A's, post II Rs, and Final pools next wednesday?It seems like it. Based on prior years, final pool will be Wednesday next week.
Oneeyedwonder17
Full Member
+1 on the OOS pre-II R. The Carvening claims another
I think people who have interviewed and haven't received an acceptance by next Wednesday will be notified they are final pooled, meaning they'll re-review your app and let you know mid-March if you're either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. From prior years, it seems like they don't reject you until March if you interviewed. I think...Wait, I'm confused. So if they follow last year's trend, they'll give the decisions on A's, post II Rs, and Final pools next wednesday?
w0ndermed25
Full Member
The Carvening of January 2025 will go down in history+1 on the OOS pre-II R. The Carvening claims another
gilgameshMD
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R. Good luck all those still in contention!
Congratulations! Approximately when did you interview?OOS A !
D
deleted1199010
+1 pre-II OOS R yesterday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What_Did_Zarathustra_Say
Full Member
If I've interviewed here and haven't heard back by this point, is it basically guaranteed that I'm in the final pool? Also, how 'bad' is being in the final pool? Someone in one of the threads said that they take up to 2/3rds of their class from their final pool.
It's hard to say. There have been people that got an acceptance on final pool day. It is not entirely bad to be final pooled; a huge % of the class comes from it.If I've interviewed here and haven't heard back by this point, is it basically guaranteed that I'm in the final pool? Also, how 'bad' is being in the final pool? Someone in one of the threads said that they take up to 2/3rds of their class from their final pool.
iambarrabas
Full Member
When the waitlist email comes out by the end of January, if we are on it, will we get a number for where we are in line?
premedbunny
Full Member
I’m stressed
The waiting has been real.I’m stressed
D
deleted1208873
Final pool email is coming soon. It isn't really a waitlist, just means we have to wait till mid march for decisions. At that point you'll either get accepted, rejected, or waitlisted (with a # for where you are in line).When the waitlist email comes out by the end of January, if we are on it, will we get a number for where we are in line?
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
I saw that they have mandatory attendance and H/NH/P/F, can any current students speak on how their schedule is and how the student environment is?
bananaboat10
Full Member
I’m speaking on behalf of friends that attend this school because I asked them similar questions lol — much of their pre-clinical has the option of in-person or virtual for lectures, but on a weekly basis there are in-person, case-based learning and in-person anatomy lab which are required. From what I gather, most of the students don’t mind their on-campus commitments. My friend’s perspective is that the curriculum coordinators regularly review content and feedback from students, but if you’re vehemently against receiving grades then this might not be a good fit for you.I saw that they have mandatory attendance and H/NH/P/F, can any current students speak on how their schedule is and how the student environment is?
Everyone I’ve met at Carver and their teaching hospital seems proud to be a (student/faculty/clinician/admin/etc) at that program.
chicagopackerfan
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything today?
What_Did_Zarathustra_Say
Full Member
Nope, not yet; interviewed a while ago too (I'm scared)Has anyone heard anything today?
poopydoops
Full Member
are final pools tomorrow based on last years dates?
littlebug<3
New Member
Does this differ for OOS vs IS applicants? Going back through the thread, I’ve seen a lot more OOS As relative to IS, so are the majority of final pool acceptances for IS applicants?It's hard to say. There have been people that got an acceptance on final pool day. It is not entirely bad to be final pooled; a huge % of the class comes from it.
Wampire
Full Member
On my interview day, they said they over-admit for OOS applicants expecting they might have other schools with better financial deals to weigh and target admit for IS applicants because in state tuition is typically the best deal. So it sounds like they separate into two pools IS vs OOSDoes this differ for OOS vs IS applicants? Going back through the thread, I’ve seen a lot more OOS As relative to IS, so are the majority of final pool acceptances for IS applicants?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chronicallyonline
Full Member
OOS R, post interview
Last edited:
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
when did you interview? best of luck with the rest of the cycle!OOS R
chronicallyonline
Full Member
It was October 14th. Pretty bummed because I walked out of interview loving the area, the campus, and the medical school.when did you interview? best of luck with the rest of the cycle!
silverfox14
New Member
IS A!
Congratulations!! When was your interview?IS A!