anonymous2025
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! do u mind me asking if you applied to just MD or PURCH too?+1 A OOS - Received 9:45 am EST
edit: interviewed late jan
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! do u mind me asking if you applied to just MD or PURCH too?+1 A OOS - Received 9:45 am EST
edit: interviewed late jan
Gotchu maybe next Friday there’ll be a lot of decisions but I’m sure a lot early April :/I'm at one of the UMass campuses and she had an adcom come to talk, so I figure thats when she heard they'd be mostly done by end of march. He didn't say that when he spoke to the students. This was Nuemeyer, he's not in charge of everything just the Lead program. IDK things could have changed.
At the end of the day a ton of decisions could come out over the next week and a half. Conversly, we could all be hyping ourselves up to wait another month for the final end of april deadline. I'm not a super competitive applicant so I'm just hoping for an april WL at this point, and maybe I get in by the skin of my teeth.Gotchu maybe next Friday there’ll be a lot of decisions but I’m sure a lot early April :/
same i thought it was a good thing if i haven't been rejected yet but from reading students' responses last year and seeing people from August hear back in April, I don't know anymoreAt the end of the day a ton of decisions could come out over the next week and a half. Conversly, we could all be hyping ourselves up to wait another month for the final end of april deadline. I'm not a super competitive applicant so I'm just hoping for an april WL at this point, and maybe I get in by the skin of my teeth.
Chill dog. Hang out with some people. Hammer some beers, you'll be alright.weird ask but if anyone wants to put up their rejection letter so I can read it and desensitize myself as I painfully wait
Was on my way to a pub in Spain my last cycle when UMass hit me with the R at the end of April. Beers were hammered that day 😂Chill dog. Hang out with some people. Hammer some beers, you'll be alright.
lmao I needed thatChill dog. Hang out with some people. Hammer some beers, you'll be alright.
looking like my future with out the Spain lolWas on my way to a pub in Spain my last cycle when UMass hit me with the R at the end of April. Beers were hammered that day 😂
eh you didn't get a R for both so don't lose hope. also do you mind if i ask when you interviewed?PURCH R yesterday (3/21) at 1:30 pm, still in the running for regular MD lol
lol i feel this. did you interview early on and was it for both PURCH and regular MD?Was on my way to a pub in Spain my last cycle when UMass hit me with the R at the end of April. Beers were hammered that day 😂
Interviewed at the end of October. MD onlylol i feel this. did you interview early on and was it for both PURCH and regular MD?
Yeah living in Spain made it slightly more tolerable lollooking like my future with out the Spain lol
It’s so confusing to me how some people with interviews from early February are hearing back before people who interviewed in August or October. I’m really trying to draw patterns and see if one is more favorable but it really is random huh? Like I interviewed late January both PURCH and MD and I really don’t know what to expect at all lolInterviewed at the end of October. MD only
That’s weird that it didn’t update hmm? Maybe try calling or emailing them tomorrow to confirmI got an R this past Tues for MD admissions (interview early Feb). I applied to LEAD but the email didn't mention LEAD. I assumed this meant an R from both MD and LEAD. My portal still says "under review." Does the portal take a long time to update after an R?
I interviewed for regular MD on 12/5 and PURCH on 12/17eh you didn't get a R for both so don't lose hope. also do you mind if i ask when you interviewed?
I remember from my interview day with PURCH they said if you got an R from the MD track that was an R for PURCH too, but it's weird they didn't explicitly say it was, and idk if it is the same for PURCH and LEADI got an R this past Tues for MD admissions (interview early Feb). I applied to LEAD but the email didn't mention LEAD. I assumed this meant an R from both MD and LEAD. My portal still says "under review." Does the portal take a long time to update after an R?
Ya I thought so too but that’s weird it hasn’t updated?I remember from my interview day with PURCH they said if you got an R from the MD track that was an R for PURCH too, but it's weird they didn't explicitly say it was, and idk if it is the same for PURCH and LEAD
Also were u IS or OOS?I interviewed for regular MD on 12/5 and PURCH on 12/17
This cycle I interviewed in Late September and just heard back, so I can't find any patternIt’s so confusing to me how some people with interviews from early February are hearing back before people who interviewed in August or October. I’m really trying to draw patterns and see if one is more favorable but it really is random huh? Like I interviewed late January both PURCH and MD and I really don’t know what to expect at all lol
Do you think all decisions will be released before accepted students' day?
:/ seems kind of unfair that some ppl won't get a chance to see the school. Are they done with interviews at least and they are just deliberating current interviewees?I really do doubt it based on how they were last year (based on the SDN thread). So I’m gonna guess, no, not all decisions will come out before April 4-5. They really like that April 30 deadline.
UMass Adcom, please surprise me.. in all seriousness. I need to figure out where I’m going and sort out logistics 😭
Anyone know when waitlist movement usually happens?
Right away or does it happen slowly like regular admissions?After April 30
usually pretty quickly and then trickles down as they slowly fill their class. At least that is how I have seen at other schools so I would assume it is similarRight away or does it happen slowly like regular admissions?
You need to assume an R until proven otherwise. You may get surprised be an A or a WL, but the longer the game goes, the increasingly less likely the odds are.So anyone who’s applied in a cycle before or just knows more about this all, is it safe to assume in the next couple weeks if I don’t get notified about a WL then end of April it’s an R?
They over accepted for class of 2028 so they might be more stignent with giving out acceptanceI’m just confused like are they admitting way less people this cycle or are they genuinely way more behind idk I wanna be hopeful but it’s hard when everyone ik keeps telling me by now it’s most likely an R
Source?They over accepted for class of 2028 so they might be more stignent with giving out acceptance
current student of class of 2028 lolSource?
Thanks! Well I guess in this case adcom might be waiting until April 15 to see if ppl accepted to multiple programs start narrowing down their options.current student of class of 2028 lol
What is the normal/typical class size for UMass?current student of class of 2028 lol
Like the post above, it should be 225: 25 LEAD, 25 PURCH, 175 Worcester pathway (not sure how many MD/PhD). And yea there was an extra 10 than the expected class size.What is the normal/typical class size for UMass?
Oh cool, 175 is a pretty big class thenLike the post above, it should be 225: 25 LEAD, 25 PURCH, 175 Worcester pathway (not sure how many MD/PhD). And yea there was an extra 10 than the expected class size.
I would say the class is 225. PURCH and LEAD are with us until we go until our clinical rotations. They are just at their specific places during clinicals (baystate and lahey).Oh cool, 175 is a pretty big class then
ohh okay makes sense then, idk why I thought they were separate lolI would say the class is 225. PURCH and LEAD are with us until we go until our clinical rotations. They are just at their specific places during clinicals (baystate and lahey).
When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?+1 post-II R just now, rip my only MD II
No they def have a set class size (I feel like they said 225 or 235 this yr) its more like they might be taking a more cautious approach/timeline to avoid over enrolling againSo in this case with over enrollment then do we think they’re trying to decrease the class size by a lot especially considering the Facebook class decrease
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.