2024-2025 Massachusetts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gotchu I’m just wondering if they’re gonna send out more As or mainly WLs and Rs from this point onwards I’m assuming? Also I’m wondering if Friday a lot of decisions will be sent out since they did say end of March as a point where they hope to notify lots of people
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope so. I’m losing hope and don’t know what to do in terms of prepping for next cycle..I sent a letter of intent to the admissions email and they emailed back too. Did it a couple weeks ago but still no decision. I interviewed in January
 
I hope so. I’m losing hope and don’t know what to do in terms of prepping for next cycle..I sent a letter of intent to the admissions email and they emailed back too. Did it a couple weeks ago but still no decision. I interviewed in January
I uploaded a LOI to the portal a few months back, no response as well which I think is normal/expected. During my MMI, the Dean clearly said that LOIs won't have an impact (but if you submit them they will not dock you), as well as thank you notes etc because as long as we have not withdrawn our apps, they assume we are still intending to go to UMass if admitted. Only significant updates really matter to them.

I feel your pain though. This process sucks at baseline and is made doubly worse by the admissions process at UMass.
 
I uploaded a LOI to the portal a few months back, no response as well which I think is normal/expected. During my MMI, the Dean clearly said that LOIs won't have an impact (but if you submit them they will not dock you), as well as thank you notes etc because as long as we have not withdrawn our apps, they assume we are still intending to go to UMass if admitted. Only significant updates really matter to them.

I feel your pain though. This process sucks at baseline and is made doubly worse by the admissions process at UMass.
I did get a reply from the admissions email which I thought would be a good sign / hoping there would be an update but it’s only been a week since they responded so. I can only hope I get something this week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too! I was like oh they said thanks for uploading so good sign lol I think I’m just trying to be delusional idk. Everyone keeps telling me it’s very rare for any school to accept applicants this late so I really don’t know but I’d be over the moon if it happened
 
Me too! I was like oh they said thanks for uploading so good sign lol I think I’m just trying to be delusional idk. Everyone keeps telling me it’s very rare for any school to accept applicants this late so I really don’t know but I’d be over the moon if it happened
They say it's very rare just because of the statistics. Now that we are almost in April, I would say that 95+% of all interviews have been completed and 90+% of all non-waitlist As have gone out amongst all the schools, and the numbers could be even higher. Could you be in that minor percentage that gets an A? Sure, but you have to assume you're rejected at this point and just be surprised if you do get it.
 
Me too! I was like oh they said thanks for uploading so good sign lol I think I’m just trying to be delusional idk. Everyone keeps telling me it’s very rare for any school to accept applicants this late so I really don’t know but I’d be over the moon if it happened
They emailed you after you uploaded a document to the portal?
 
Damn no updates from anyone today? Or I assume they’re sending out stuff for tomorrow..
If you haven't been rejected yet that is a pretty good sign, since they have sent out a lot of rejections. Some will say thats BS, but I think they are still considering you as a student if you haven't been rejected at this point. Also Mass has some of the most competitive applicants and so their are tons of Mass residents who apply to UMass, but they are holding onto an acceptance from Stanford or UMaimi. So there's still time for a lot of shuffiling to happen. All in all, if you haven't been rejected yet your application passed the smell test and so did your interview. And my expectation not necessarily backed in imperical data is that many/some of the matriculants of UMass Chan are accepted later in the cycle. Hopefully this ease some of the anxiety for people waiting. I've said this before and someone called BS-(

BiomedEGR777) and then they got in a couple of days later.​

 
If you haven't been rejected yet that is a pretty good sign, since they have sent out a lot of rejections. Some will say thats BS, but I think they are still considering you as a student if you haven't been rejected at this point. Also Mass has some of the most competitive applicants and so their are tons of Mass residents who apply to UMass, but they are holding onto an acceptance from Stanford or UMaimi. So there's still time for a lot of shuffiling to happen. All in all, if you haven't been rejected yet your application passed the smell test and so did your interview. And my expectation not necessarily backed in imperical data is that many/some of the matriculants of UMass Chan are accepted later in the cycle. Hopefully this ease some of the anxiety for people waiting. I've said this before and someone called BS-(

BiomedEGR777) and then they got in a couple of days later.​

To be fair, I called it BS because it happened to me in my last cycle and I was rejected haha. But you are right its not over until its over for UMass lmao
 
Thank you for this encouragement! I’m wondering though how many applicants they wait till April 30th to reject or if they’re just behind this cycle and going to send out lots of rejections in the next few weeks? I want to believe what you said though
 
Also wait have they rejected a lot of people? I thought they’ve not responded to lots of people from reading people’s messages on here.
 
When i interviewed for PURCH one of the hosts accidentally unmuted and was telling someone in their office that this interview was the 23rd one they had done that cycle. My interview was early feb so i think there wldve been about 25 interviews total (10 ppl each) for a total of about 250 IIs. Obvs not anything official but it wld seem like 25 ppl eventually matriculate to PURCH. Would 40-50 people seem like a reasonable amount of people theyd offer acceptance to?
 
When i interviewed for PURCH one of the hosts accidentally unmuted and was telling someone in their office that this interview was the 23rd one they had done that cycle. My interview was early feb so i think there wldve been about 25 interviews total (10 ppl each) for a total of about 250 IIs. Obvs not anything official but it wld seem like 25 ppl eventually matriculate to PURCH. Would 40-50 people seem like a reasonable amount of people theyd offer acceptance to?
Could you explain this math a bit more?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like they send out emails around 9-10AM, so I have no idea if they're just very slow this year or the sample size on SDN is very unlucky. I have a feeling the FB group will be at 200 before next Friday.
 
Could you explain this math a bit more?
I interviewed towards the tail end of the cycle early/mid feb) and heard that we were the 23rd interview group. If they finished MMIs in late feb you could probably guess that they planned for 25 MMIs total for PURCH. My group had about 10 students. 25 MMIs w/ 10 students each is 250 PURCH interviewees total. The expected class size for PURCH is 25 students, and they probably offer As to more than 25 students to account for ppl getting in elsewhere and stuff
 
It seems like they send out emails around 9-10AM, so I have no idea if they're just very slow this year or the sample size on SDN is very unlucky. I have a feeling the FB group will be at 200 before next Friday.
I also wonder if sdn isn't a good sample at this point. So late in the cycle it seems like a lot of us on here are the people who are IS or whose only interview was here. Others who are less invested in UMass could be hearing back and just not reporting
 
Bruh has anyone gotten an A that interviewed LAST YEAR in the fall.... or are you all just not adding to this forum. I feel like most of haven't heard back and lots of folks that interviewed couple of months ago have?? Im I delulu.. so confused with Umass admissions. Hoping we get ANY news today
Interviewed MD on 10/17 and LEAD on 11/4, sent an update letter in Jan, radio silence… 🙃
 
Nothing for me, OOS, PURCH interviewed Dec/Jan.

It's challenging to wait this long while also planning and making difficult financial decisions to attempt to move far away for another school. This is my top choice, but it's also the most financially viable for me as a first gen student.

I don't have family support or a large amount of savings, I've been living paycheck to paycheck for over a decade and have moved 21 times in the last 25 years.

It's just hard not knowing where I'm going to be in a few months, and logistically. I wish they were able to give us a date when decisions would be sent out, but I assume that isn't possible or they would have already done that. More transparency would make this a more comfortable process.
 
I’m in a similar situation and this may be my only chance to get into an MD school. I really hope to hear back from them soon. This waiting game is really exhausting.
 
I got an email about 40 minutes ago from “Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance” saying they received a copy of my FAFSA, and it started with “congratulations!” Nothing mentioned about UMass in the email. Anyone else get it? I’m in state, interviewed in November, haven’t heard anything since…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email about 40 minutes ago from “Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance” saying they received a copy of my FAFSA, and it started with “congratulations!” Nothing mentioned about UMass in the email. Anyone else get it? I’m in state, interviewed in November, haven’t heard anything since…
Did you submit a FAFSA for another school in MA?
 
I got an email about 40 minutes ago from “Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance” saying they received a copy of my FAFSA, and it started with “congratulations!” Nothing mentioned about UMass in the email. Anyone else get it? I’m in state, interviewed in November, haven’t heard anything since…
How long ago did you submit your FAFSA form? I submitted mine around 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten this email.
 
I got an email about 40 minutes ago from “Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance” saying they received a copy of my FAFSA, and it started with “congratulations!” Nothing mentioned about UMass in the email. Anyone else get it? I’m in state, interviewed in November, haven’t heard anything since…
I got the same email- one of my friends who's a current umass student says they got the same thing last cycle but I don't think it's acceptance dependent unfortunately