-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PreMedNeurotic
Full Member
Didn’t last years group have close to 300Fb group now at 204 😠F in the chat
bracketlife
Full Member
It says 356 but no way they have 100+ spots to fillDidn’t last years group have close to 300
Also if they want 225 students, would they have over 100 members that are admins and people from other classes? It just doesn’t seem right
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Schools always give more acceptances than they have slots because they know not everyone will choose to go thereIt says 356 but no way they have 100+ spots to fill
Also if they want 225 students, would they have over 100 members that are admins and people from other classes? It just doesn’t seem right
I would also like to note that they said at accepted students day that they overenrolled their current M1 class (class of 2028) and had some people from last year who deferred and will be entering the upcoming class of 2029. I am unsure by how much, but that would also explain very high #s from last years Facebook group.It says 356 but no way they have 100+ spots to fill
Also if they want 225 students, would they have over 100 members that are admins and people from other classes? It just doesn’t seem right
anonymous2025
Full Member
I think like someone said before most likely this cycle will look like last with mostly WLs being given out the next three Fridays starting this week maybe? Then Rs at the very end and maybe As very sparsely distributed. Idk I could be very wrong but gl everyone and take care of yourselves the next couple weeks ðŸ˜
For the next 3 Umass Fridays if I get in I'm going to crush some beers and if I don't get in I'm still going to crush some beers so if you think about it it's a win winI think like someone said before most likely this cycle will look like last with mostly WLs being given out the next three Fridays starting this week maybe? Then Rs at the very end and maybe As very sparsely distributed. Idk I could be very wrong but gl everyone and take care of yourselves the next couple weeks ðŸ˜
anonymous2025
Full Member
Hey guys gl to everyone! Idrk if decisions will be/have already been sent out but still
anonymous2025
Full Member
Ya I guess next week maybe idrk anymore but I’m trying to have fun before reality sinks in
riceandchicken
New Member
another friday
bracketlife
Full Member
+1 IS A
Thank you guys for going through my ramblings. And congrats to all you future doctors <3
Thank you guys for going through my ramblings. And congrats to all you future doctors <3
anonymous2025
Full Member
Omg yayyyy congrats!!!! So happy for u and well deserved future doctor 🎉🥳🥳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?+1 IS A
Thank you guys for going through my ramblings. And congrats to all you future doctors <3
OMGG CONGRATS!+1 IS A
Thank you guys for going through my ramblings. And congrats to all you future doctors <3
bracketlife
Full Member
I interviewed in January so I was fully preparing for it to be overðŸ˜Congrats!!! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?
Been waiting since September lol, so happy for you that you got the A todayI interviewed in January so I was fully preparing for it to be overðŸ˜
Im just happy people are finally hearing back.... same boat waiting since early OctoberBeen waiting since September lol, so happy for you that you got the A today
anonymous2025
Full Member
And did you apply PURCH/Lead and MD or just MD?
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! Well deserved
Does anyone know how many people are in the facebook group now?
Does anyone know how many people are in the facebook group now?
anonymous2025
Full Member
We thinking that’s it for today cuz they don’t typically send decisions this late right?
Sure would hate it if the adcoms pranked us by sending more decisions (please) would definitely ruin my whole weekend if they gave me an A (I'm so close to crashing out)
MYOsin_guy16
Full Member
I called today. I asked them if I haven't heard back from an interview in september should I take a hint that I'm going to get rejected. They said you will hear back by April 30th. Fantastic.
the classic... infuriating that they can do this to peopleI called today. I asked them if I haven't heard back from an interview in september should I take a hint that I'm going to get rejected. They said you will hear back by April 30th. Fantastic.
I'm trying to focus on my reapp but it's so hard not to be delusional when A's are being sent out at this point in April when last year it was all WL/R...
No don't give into your demons (corona sunbrew- tastes like a slightly beer flavored orange seltzer)I don’t drink but jfc I actually might try something today (send me your best recommendations bc I dislike the taste of alcohol)
hopefuldoc1122
Full Member
Do we still think we’ll see waitlist movement starting shortly after 4/30?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably- some number of people will definitely be giving up their A's, but no idea if it will be the same 75/150 like was reported on the MSAR waitlist proceduresDo we still think we’ll see waitlist movement starting shortly after 4/30?
I withdrew my A today, hope it goes to @vinnied86
From your mouth to gods ears brothaI withdrew my A today, hope it goes to @vinnied86
While I hope you get an A too, @vinnied86 was at my wedding so he gets first dibs@pedneuro6894 I've been waiting since August. Hope that A splits into two and I get one too 😂
PreMedNeurotic
Full Member
im pretty sure they don’t review based on date of interview. So honestly its just a crapshoot for all of us atpIf anyone has taken the time to study previous threads… is there any hope for early interviewees at this point?
bracketlife
Full Member
I applied regular mdAnd did you apply PURCH/Lead and MD or just MD?
anonymous2025
Full Member
^ Congrats! Can I also ask if you were OOS and PURCH/LEAD or just MD?
airballear
New Member
Congrats! When did you interview?Got an A today! LM 78. My only A, one of only two MD interviews received
does anyone from accepted students day know how full the Lahey or Purch tracks were?
I cannot speak for Lahey, but PURCH seems to be full based on how many PURCH people were at accepted students day.does anyone from accepted students day know how full the Lahey or Purch tracks were?
MYOsin_guy16
Full Member
Lets put it this way they interview half of their instate applicant's. If you have a LM score thats pretty low like me (something like 67), not even an MCAT in the 10th percentile of matriculants. I'm assuming an R hoping for a WL at this point. HOWEVER, if you have gotten this far you're probably a lucky bastard. I consider myself very lucky, I may just slip into the 2029 class. HAHA, we will see on April 30th.
anonymous2025
Full Member
same lol ok wait for those u want to share ofc like this message if you have a LM score of around 66-69 (either lower than avg MCAT or GPA) and are waiting to hear back? I'm OOS in that position and just wondering how many of us there are or if you're just waiting to hear back in general
Last edited:
IS still waiting, LM of 68same lol ok wait for those u want to share ofc like this message if you have a LM score of around 66-69 (either lower than avg MCAT or GPA) and are waiting to hear back? I'm OOS in that position and just wondering how many of us there are or if you're just waiting to hear back in general
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iloveharvard
Full Member
UMass doesn't care about LM. My friend got accepted last December, LM 66, no gap year. I think they are looking for someone with big heart!
iloveharvard
Full Member
He is OOS, applied for regular MD, interviewed in December, got accepted in about two weeks.Yes I’ve also heard that UMass doesn’t care about stats as much as other schools. But also I have observed that OOS applicants who get in tend to be pretty high stats (again just my observations from my friends who go there rn)
Is your friend IS?
I have also heard from past and current students that they really like applicants who have demonstrated interest in primary care & are planning on pursuing it for residency
MYOsin_guy16
Full Member
Crazy take. They have a median MCAT score of 514 for marticulants. I was unaware they were looking for someone with a big heart. I would have mentioned that I have familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with preserved ejection fraction.UMass doesn't care about LM. My friend got accepted last December, LM 66, no gap year. I think they are looking for someone with big heart!
anonymous2025
Full Member
for all my OOS folks manifesting the best for us and the same energy that this guy got 😠gl tomorrow and this week everyone!He is OOS, applied for regular MD, interviewed in December, got accepted in about two weeks
iloveharvard
Full Member
I don't know what my friend wrote in his essay, but I exactly know his MCAT is 509. Besides he had a big heart, he performed very well in his interview, that's my best guess.Crazy take. They have a median MCAT score of 514 for marticulants. I was unaware they were looking for someone with a big heart. I would have mentioned that I have familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with preserved ejection fraction.
Last edited: