2024-2025 Miami (Miller)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an MD/MPH waitlist. Is this for both MD and MD/MPH programs or should there be two separate waitlist emails?
Also it said rolling waitlist. Does anyone know what that means?
 
should there be two separate waitlist emails
Probably not. You're not evaluated for the masters portion of a combined degree program until you get accepted into the MD portion. A waitlist for MD means no decision for MPH until it turns into an A.
Also it said rolling waitlist. Does anyone know what that means?
They can send final decisions to people on the WL at any time rather than waiting for a specific date after 4/30 to send out all their decisions like other schools do.
 
I was waitlisted, and am considering an LOI....Would writing a letter of intent be received badly? On their portal it says this: "Note that "letters of intent/interest" are not likely to have much of an impact on the Admissions Committee, so we recommend that any letters you submit contain substantive information supplementing the kinds of information already contained in your primary and supplementary applications."
 
I was waitlisted, and am considering an LOI....Would writing a letter of intent be received badly? On their portal it says this: "Note that "letters of intent/interest" are not likely to have much of an impact on the Admissions Committee, so we recommend that any letters you submit contain substantive information supplementing the kinds of information already contained in your primary and supplementary applications."
To me, that sounds like they want the LOI to include a significant update in your application that would make you more competitive (ie. a new pub or a huge increase in clinical hours if your primary was lacking). Otherwise, it's unlikely to be impactful on your admissions decision. I think a lot of adcom members on here have said that, generally, letters of intent don't make a big impact because they are often not genuine.
 
Yeah I agree I don’t know how much a letter of intent would help especially if they explicitly say they are not likely to make much of an impact. I would only submit an update if it’s very significant. It sounded like this at my interview too
 
CTE deadline is 6/1 for MD and MD/PhD. The 5/15 deadline is only if you are MD/MPH or MD/MBA.
Ohh, I originally applied MD/MBA but withdrew from the latter a little while ago. Didn't realize there were different dates, that's huge actually. A school I'm on the WL for has movement throughout May so I was a little nervous but that puts me at ease. Ty for the clarification!
 
Ohh, I originally applied MD/MBA but withdrew from the latter a little while ago. Didn't realize there were different dates, that's huge actually. A school I'm on the WL for has movement throughout May so I was a little nervous but that puts me at ease. Ty for the clarification!
Yeah the 6/1 date is on their website but apparently someone got an email from the school with a 5/15 CTE deadline for MD program, so now I'm not sure which date is incorrect.

Screen Shot 2025-03-25 at 9.23.19 PM.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also following up. are they done sending II? I Haven't heard back about my secondary in months and i applied md/mba. do they totally ghost or will i at least get a rejection?
i had a friend who applied last cycle who was completely ghosted until July when she finally received a pre-II R
 
That is not nice for schools to do so. If class is full and they are done with IIs please send rejections early. We really need AAMC to step in or state regulators to do something about this.

Agreed. Kinda feels like a slap in the face to have spent a lot of time & $$$ to apply and then hear crickets :/ at least let us have closure instead of wondering if we have any chance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is from an email accepted students just got.

“As accepted applicants make decisions regarding their plans to attend, waitlisted applicants will be reviewed and notified of final decisions. With this in mind, we strongly encourage timely communication with our office and foresee waitlist movement will begin around the first week of May.”

Tl;dr just chill until next month
 
Does May 15 CTE date still apply for WL Applicants too? Like so does rhat mean there’s only gonna be like a week or two of WL movement ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does May 15 CTE date still apply for WL Applicants too? Like so does rhat mean there’s only gonna be like a week or two of WL movement ?

Also wondering.
Generally speaking, most As off the WL have their own deadline to commit (could be a couple days after your notification, could be a couple weeks) especially since some As will be given after 5/15