You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
wait i just got that email too why is it only available for some people
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay false alarm people 😂Same here, nothing new on portal except a space to add documents.
D
deleted1125342
Bro same they have to stop with these dang suggestive emailsI actually just had a heart attack with that email omg
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
that’s so rude [emoji24][emoji24] i was actually so excited
Why are they saying "we invite you to take the next steps with your application" lmaooooo
flowerplant2000
Full Member
LOL same here was shook and was rushing to schedule an interview but that was not the case LOL
mkeating221
Full Member
my soul left my body
bothyam1442
Full Member
My heart just left my body!! why does it say to "take the next step" and in another email they say not to lol?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
so did anyone not get this email lol
How cruel are they to send such an email…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MikeTrout27
Full Member
LOL so we get that email but we aren't even supposed to do anything with it since we don't upload a photo unless we get an interview? what is the point of it then 😕
Miami you nearly caused a fatal car accident for nothing
lonelywoolf
Full Member
other schools literally use that format to send out interview invites so for a second I actually was 50/50 on if it was one. glad I wasn’t holding my breath lol
This is actually so cruel - I genuinely have no words. The abuse med school applicants have to put up with really isn't talked about enough.
This is actually so cruel - I genuinely have no words. The abuse med school applicants have to put up with really isn't talked about enough.
I felt so happy for a second it’s unreal. I almost came to tears at the thought of getting an interview, just for it to be a gag.
I haven’t cried in years.
i knew ts was too good to be true. started screaming in the car when i saw the email then opened sdn… [emoji2]
I was driving home on the freeway- so I didn't get too much of an opportunity to investigate. But drove home absolutely elated, told my whole family. only for me to go home and find out that the supposed "next step of my application" is just a document upload tab.I felt so happy for a second it’s unreal. I almost came to tears at the thought of getting an interview, just for it to be a gag.
I haven’t cried in years.
Parradise
New Member
best reply to this gag by umiamii can't believe messi's city has done this to me... i was picturing me with the man himself for a second
alaninutrition
Full Member
Awesome
nolemedgirl
Full Member
I literally stopped breathing for a second when I got that email...
They better put out an apology video (with tears)
It isn't a guarantee bro, hence why we are upset. that email was very misleading.Interviews are coming folks, lettuce relax
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I literally got a call from a 305 number a few minutes before I got the emails... This was cruel
D
deleted1151110
Yep. that one was dirty ngl. next step usually means II lolEveryone got two emails right? The second one sent me in panic mode "Miami Invites you to take the next step..."
Yep. that one was dirty ngl. next step usually means II lol
Or in this case “optional documents and go screw yourself”
I bet the generic one is automated, and they sent the document one to clarify so we didn't get our hopes up... regardless, I now understand how my dog feels when I walk up to his leash.
lonelywoolf
Full Member
lol but at least for me all I do on the first pass through is skim the email and look for the word “regret” or “interview.” Nobody was reading that long email fullyI bet the generic one is automated, and they sent the document one to clarify so we didn't get our hopes up... regardless, I now understand how my dog feels when I walk up to his leash.
Yeah, I didn’t get the email.
I think that those are going to turn into interview seats soon, probably.
I think that those are going to turn into interview seats soon, probably.
When did you submit? If it was later then that’s probably the reason.Yeah, I didn’t get the email.
I think that those are going to turn into interview seats soon, probably.
MikeTrout27
Full Member
i dont think so tbh, i think its more of a "we have screened your primary and you meet our minimum requirement"Yeah, I didn’t get the email.
I think that those are going to turn into interview seats soon, probably.
I got the application received email 8/14/24When did you submit? If it was later then that’s probably the reason.
lonelywoolf
Full Member
Yea not for this many people. I wouldn’t get my hopes up just bc I got the emailYeah, I didn’t get the email.
I think that those are going to turn into interview seats soon, probably.
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Yeah, I didn’t get the email.
I think that those are going to turn into interview seats soon, probably.
no way, everyone and their mothers got this email sadly
D
deleted1151110
interestingly, I looked through the 2023-24 and the 2022-23 threads and it doesn't seem like they have given this "next step" document upload email before. might be a new thing they added lol
This whole application system is different than the one they used last year.interestingly, I looked through the 2023-24 and the 2022-23 threads and it doesn't seem like they have given this "next step" document upload email before. might be a new thing they added lol
just_a_bagel
Full Member
I also was originally so excited when i saw the email lol... wait so are they saying we SHOULD upload something or just now the option is available??
D
deleted1194381
just got an email about document updates feature
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the same two emails but when others go onto the portal under upload documents does your guys' portals also say check with program left of the upload docs button
doctorellewoods
Full Member
yepI got the same two emails but when others go onto the portal under upload documents does your guys' portals also say check with program left of the upload docs button
bridge4721
New Member
Was anybody else over-eager and submitted the docs made available before reading the follow up email🤡🤡 asking for a friend
Do we get a completion email from Miami? I realized a couple weeks ago that I didn’t pay the secondary fee (cuz I assumed it would auto direct me to the payment page like other schools after submitting their secondary, but they didn’t and I just somehow completely forgot to check). I finally paid and haven’t gotten any other emails since then.
How long does it take to get the payment email?