Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When did you complete secondaries?+1 OOS II. Pretty surprised to get it this late in the cycle, had assumed I was done
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! When did you complete secondaries?+1 OOS II. Pretty surprised to get it this late in the cycle, had assumed I was done
Thanks! 8/22. This one was the last one I ended up submitting since they sent them out so late aha.Congrats! When did you complete secondaries?
Submitted my secondary the same day for the same reason, hoping for good news soon 🤞Thanks! 8/22. This one was the last one I ended up submitting since they sent them out so late aha.
Sorry to hear that 🙁 there's still a chance! Did you get the email today?Waitlisted. Anyone know anything about UMN's waitlist? Do they typically send out ranking/position?
Waitlisted. Anyone know anything about UMN's waitlist? Do they typically send out ranking/position?
Sorry to hear that, when did you interview? Also I’ve been hearing lots of super qualified people getting waitlisted. It’s a bummer but it’s not over til it’s over. Hang in there.Waitlisted. Anyone know anything about UMN's waitlist? Do they typically send out ranking/position?
You could reach out to the admissions staff and ask for their name. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with thatI wanted to write a thank you note on the padlet, but realized I totally forgot one of my interviewer's names. I can't find them anywhere on the UMN website. Should I just not write a thank you note rather than sending one that sounds impersonal?
Another person said they meet every other Wednesday, which would mean they would likely meet this Wednesday. So assuming that is true, then we could expect some decisions later this week.Do we think this is a week we could hear about decisions? Thursday / Friday?
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Was this for TC or a regional campus?Post Interview R - Interviewed November 8th. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear - fingers crossed for you all
I got the email on 2/11 and interviewed on 1/13.Sorry to hear that 🙁 there's still a chance! Did you get the email today?
I wrote mine without names because I was silly and didn't write them down/remember them after the interview. I don't think it looked bad necessarily, but I do wish I could've included themI wanted to write a thank you note on the padlet, but realized I totally forgot one of my interviewer's names. I can't find them anywhere on the UMN website. Should I just not write a thank you note rather than sending one that sounds impersonal?
Twin Citieswhich campus?
Thanks, I have good stats and am IS. Interested in MN family med but not rural, so I guess we will see what happens.Sorry to hear that, when did you interview? Also I’ve been hearing lots of super qualified people getting waitlisted. It’s a bummer but it’s not over til it’s over. Hang in there.
IS post-interview R yesterday afternoon. Interviewed 10/22. Definitely pretty bummed but good luck to everyone else
No clue - sounds like in previous years they've sent them out very late, but they've made a lot of changes between last cycle and this one, so we seem to be flying blind a little bit 🙃Any idea whether UMN done with interview invites?
Is anyone able to share the padlet link please
Thanks for replyingNo clue - sounds like in previous years they've sent them out very late, but they've made a lot of changes between last cycle and this one, so we seem to be flying blind a little bit 🙃
Sorry to hear that...... IS or OS? Good Luck with other colleges.Is there any way to get specific feedback about my application/interview? My application is riddled with research at U of M medical school, working with objectively very prestigious people at the U of M and affiliated hospitals, etc. I felt my interview went very well and my interviewers told me I would be a really good fit for the school and that they hoped I picked the U of M. Even 2 of my letter writers have graduate degrees from the U of M, but I was flat-out rejected. Both my GPA and MCAT are above the averages. Clearly, they didn't like something because I wasn't even waitlisted. I'm just so confused. Is it crazy to email the admissions office asking for more information? Sorry for the rant.
born and raised in MinnesotaSorry to hear that...... IS or OS? Good Luck with other colleges.
Is there any way to get specific feedback about my application/interview? My application is riddled with research at U of M medical school, working with objectively very prestigious people at the U of M and affiliated hospitals, etc. I felt my interview went very well and my interviewers told me I would be a really good fit for the school and that they hoped I picked the U of M. Even 2 of my letter writers have graduate degrees from the U of M, but I was flat-out rejected. Both my GPA and MCAT are above the averages. Clearly, they didn't like something because I wasn't even waitlisted. I'm just so confused. Is it crazy to email the admissions office asking for more information? Sorry for the rant.
Congratulations!!!!!! Requisite "when did u interview" question but answer on your own time, enjoy ur best day ever 😁+1 IS A BEST DAY EVER[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
No literally I am like did this actually happen?? I think she said portal will update this afternoon!What did she say about when the acceptance letter will come in? I blacked out on the call and I need to read it to make sure I didn’t imagine this whole thing
Congrats!!!! Is this TC campus ??+1 IS A BEST DAY EVER[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
For TC?IS A!!!!! Reapplicant - I am so so happy!!!! Interviewed 1/17
Yes twin cities!For TC?
Congrats!!!! Is this TC campus ??
She told me that the portal would update in the next 48 hours but if I had to guess I think it'll be fasterNo literally I am like did this actually happen?? I think she said portal will update this afternoon!
Congrats!! Any tips on reapplying to the U?IS A!!!!! Reapplicant - I am so so happy!!!! Interviewed 1/17
Biggest differences between my application last year and this year were work hours (additional year of working as an MA) and having more direction about what I wanted to do as a physician/why I want to go into medicine (volunteer, life experience, etc)... Also reached out to any resources I could get in touch with at the U to learn more about the schoolCongrats!! Any tips on reapplying to the U?
Historically they have not given specific feedback on applications. Obviously I can't comment on your interview, but would happy to review part or all of your application if having current student feedback would be helpful. Feel free to DM.Is there any way to get specific feedback about my application/interview? My application is riddled with research at U of M medical school, working with objectively very prestigious people at the U of M and affiliated hospitals, etc. I felt my interview went very well and my interviewers told me I would be a really good fit for the school and that they hoped I picked the U of M. Even 2 of my letter writers have graduate degrees from the U of M, but I was flat-out rejected. Both my GPA and MCAT are above the averages. Clearly, they didn't like something because I wasn't even waitlisted. I'm just so confused. Is it crazy to email the admissions office asking for more information? Sorry for the rant.
Yes, IS and submitted in mid august. They did skip my submission date according to admit.org so not sure what to expect.I know the UMN application cycle is a bit behind this year, but waiting to hear about an II is killing me 😵💫
As an IS applicant I'm stressin! (submitted in Aug)
Is anyone else in the same boat??
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.