2024-2025 Minnesota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping we would hear today. There’s interviews the 21st and 22nd… not sure about next week
Same but maybe we will hear next week if they are scheduling interviews. But I hope they will be nice and will let us know if we are accepted before Thanksgiving and rejected or waitlisted after Thanksgiving lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those post II's I bet it either be Friday or Monday. If not than the first week of December. They sent out first week of December last year.
 
OOS II on 11/21!! Submitted 8/2, think I got confirmation a day or two later. LM 78.9, pretty sure I ranked the twin cities first but honestly this past summer was a blur of essay hell so who knows which box i checked 💀.

edit: accidentally wrote IS instead of OOS
 
For those post II's I bet it either be Friday or Monday. If not than the first week of December. They sent out first week of December last year.
I heard from someone who does MSTP interviews that they aren’t allowed to send out invites until January because that’s when MD invites will be ready… not sure who accurate this is but we could be hearing later than expected 🥲
 
I heard from someone who does MSTP interviews that they aren’t allowed to send out invites until January because that’s when MD invites will be ready… not sure who accurate this is but we could be hearing later than expected 🥲
Are you talking about interview invites or other invites? Can you clarify what "invites" refer to?
 
Does anyone know if the interviews are open or closed file this year?
I could be talking out of my butt here but I'm pretty sure I remember the director of my interview saying the cities are closed file and the regional applications are open file. Definitely double check this with other sources though.
 
I could be talking out of my butt here but I'm pretty sure I remember the director of my interview saying the cities are closed file and the regional applications are open file. Definitely double check this with other sources though.
Ok interesting, thank you
 
Did a second asynchronous interview tab show up for people in the last week or so? I completed mine in October and now I’m seeing this second asynchronous interview tab that appeared within the last few days.
 
Did a second asynchronous interview tab show up for people in the last week or so? I completed mine in October and now I’m seeing this second asynchronous interview tab that appeared within the last few days.
Yes, I have this too. It says that the part 2 page should open after the part 1 is completed. Mine says submitted on the part 2 page but incomplete on part 1. Maybe they’ve adjusted the asynchronous interview for the next round of applicants. Or maybe they just reformatted the website.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay same situation with mine! I emailed to let them know my portal showed that; really hoping this doesn’t impact my application since it’s clearly a change on their end that those who interviewed in the first couple weeks weren’t informed of.
 
Yes, I have this too. It says that the part 2 page should open after the part 1 is completed. Mine says submitted on the part 2 page but incomplete on part 1. Maybe they’ve adjusted the asynchronous interview for the next round of applicants. Or maybe they just reformatted the website.
Okay same situation with mine! I emailed to let them know my portal showed that; really hoping this doesn’t impact my application since it’s clearly a change on their end that those who interviewed in the first couple weeks weren’t informed of.
I just looked at the part 1 which is now an audio and visual test. I submitted the feedback form and mentioned that I was not sure whether the audio visual was working so looks like they added that feature already!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS submitted on 8/17 and ranked Duluth as my #1. Haven't heard anything. I talked to an admission officer a few weeks ago, and he told me that they don't really accept OOS students for their Duluth campus unless you've shown substantial effort in MN. Can someone confirm this? Also, if you don't get selected for your #1 choice, will they consider you for your #2 choice?
 
OOS submitted on 8/17 and ranked Duluth as my #1. Haven't heard anything. I talked to an admission officer a few weeks ago, and he told me that they don't really accept OOS students for their Duluth campus unless you've shown substantial effort in MN. Can someone confirm this? Also, if you don't get selected for your #1 choice, will they consider you for your #2 choice?
What I heard from admissions folks is that they base campus placements on the mission you talk about. If you're going to do the rural health mission, then your campus placement will be either in Duluth or St. Cloud. If you're going to do the indigenous health mission, you'll be placed in Duluth or Minneapolis, regardless of what you rank first, second, or third. But of course, you must be admitted first.

(also this was my understanding from an info session I went to earlier this year. If I'm wrong and someone else knows more, pls correct me)
 
Does anyone have any insight on the asynchronous interview portion? Have my interview this week and planning to take the asynchronous the day prior, but can't seem to find much info on it... any tips help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad