You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Nova Southeastern (MD)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
commodore305
Full Member
congrats! i also interviewed in december. did you get an email or just check your portal?Waitlisted 3/5. Early December interview. Does anyone have an idea what percentage of people get off the waitlist?
commodore305
Full Member
congrats! i also interviewed in december. did you get an email or just check your portal?+1 OOS acceptance. interviewed in Dec. Over the moon right now. First MD acceptance!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just checked portalcongrats! i also interviewed in december. did you get an email or just check your portal?
serenewisteria
Full Member
Does anyone know where we submit a letter of intent?
Elkcurtains
Full Member
They said they only accept letters after the interview. I believe you just email it.Does anyone know where we submit a letter of intent?
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Hi guys, sorry if this was a question already but what was the ellucian portal for? I’m also in the same boat where I got an email regarding a decision email without getting an interview.
JustneedoneA
Full Member
Same situationHas anyone who’s been waitlisted gotten an emails saying they have a final decision, but only sees waitlist? Does that email pertain to the waitlist or has a decision been made beyond that?
same here- thinking we probably just got the email late
My email saying a final decision was made was sent first and then waitlist showed up in my portal the next day. So it may be that they did the opposite this time and sent the email (after) changing your portal.
MDapplicant2025cycle
New Member
Has anyone that interviewed 10/28 gotten a decision yet?
I interviewed that day and haven’t heard anything
cupcakes12345
New Member
Interviewed 10/21 and haven’t heard anythingHas anyone that interviewed 10/28 gotten a decision yet?
Elkcurtains
Full Member
Interviewed 11/18 and waitlisted on 2/27.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cheesyballs
Full Member
anyone from 11/11 hear back?
Interviewed on 11/11. I was waitlisted 1/28 and got off the waitlist on 2/19anyone from 11/11 hear back?
This is probably a redundant question but are any of y'all in the same boat as me rn? After my interview we were told we'd hear back at a certain month and it's been well past that month ?
Yeah many of us. I've been waiting almost 4.5 months when I was told I'd hear in January at the latest. Everything happens for a reason but I am starting to feel disrespected.This is probably a redundant question but are any of y'all in the same boat as me rn? After my interview we were told we'd hear back at a certain month and it's been well past that month ?
Yeah many of us. I've been waiting almost 4.5 months when I was told I'd hear in January at the latest. Everything happens for a reason but I am starting to feel disrespected.
Yeah I think it's justified to feel disrespected. If you establish when you're going to respond I expect you to commit to it. And even then a little message saying things are taking longer than expected would have been acceptable . It just looks bad for the school.
This is probably a redundant question but are any of y'all in the same boat as me rn? After my interview we were told we'd hear back at a certain month and it's been well past that month ?
Wait what month did they tell you you’d hear back? I interviewed end of October and they told me we could expect to hear anywhere between Dec to July 🥲
Wait what month did they tell you you’d hear back? I interviewed end of October and they told me we could expect to hear anywhere between Dec to July 🥲
Wow they didn't tell me that they told me end of February
Hi all! I just wanted to let yall know i got waitlisted yesterday! I didn’t get an email, I’ve been checking everyday except for this week cause i needed to take a break after seeing so many of yall waiting haha. I interviewed mid December. For those who were waitlisted a bit earlier than me and got accepted soon after, did your letter say you’d get a decision June-July? Keep hope everyone!
[mention]cutecloud [/mention] yes I was waitlisted a few weeks ago and it also said my app wouldn’t be revisited until June.
cheesyballs
Full Member
Anyone have a fall 2026 appear in their portal? For some reason most recently my DO/MD applications now say for the Fall 2026 application cycle…wasn’t sure if this was a potential indicator of a decision as have been 4 months now post II and still no response
Mine says that now and I asked an accepted friend who affirmed theirs said it as wellAnyone have a fall 2026 appear in their portal? For some reason most recently my DO/MD applications now say for the Fall 2026 application cycle…wasn’t sure if this was a potential indicator of a decision as have been 4 months now post II and still no response
My portal also says Fall twenty twenty-six (can’t type numbers on SDN app without wack formatting!! [emoji24]) on both my MD and DO applications. I was accepted to the DO program (notified via email and mail) in Nov but the status of both applications says “completed” (no “accepted” next to “Status:” for DO)
futuresportsmed
Full Member
Anyone else have no rejection but no interview? Like don't get me wrong I do not think I will get an II at this point, but still a bit confused why I didn't get a R yet? I logged into the portal and everything my application just says "completed."
it went back to saying 2025 nowAnyone have a fall 2026 appear in their portal? For some reason most recently my DO/MD applications now say for the Fall 2026 application cycle…wasn’t sure if this was a potential indicator of a decision as have been 4 months now post II and still no response
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedgirlie12
Full Member
what portal are you all referring to? I tried making an account as other members had suggested a few days ago but I don't see any decisions tab or anything at all... what am i doing wrong lol
what portal are you all referring to? I tried making an account as other members had suggested a few days ago but I don't see any decisions tab or anything at all... what am i doing wrong lol
Sign In
premedgirlie12
Full Member
Mine doesn't show any decisions or update tabs. Not sure what that means... but thank you!Sign In
nova.elluciancrmrecruit.com
mrussell231
New Member
+1 IS waitlist. Interviewed 12/13. Should I give up hope ? 🙁
commodore305
Full Member
i interviewed the same day. did you get an email?+1 IS waitlist. Interviewed 12/13. Should I give up hope ? 🙁
jellybean223
New Member
Has anyone else who interviewed on or near 11/11 not hear back with a decision (even on portal)? I tried calling and sending an email but haven't been getting any response.
Has anyone else who interviewed on or near 11/11 not hear back with a decision (even on portal)? I tried calling and sending an email but haven't been getting any response.
Yup
I interviewed on October twenty eighth and still no decision
futuresportsmed
Full Member
lowkey can Nova just reject me already so I can make my Sankey ✌️
I was the week before you and silence -_-Has anyone else who interviewed on or near 11/11 not hear back with a decision (even on portal)? I tried calling and sending an email but haven't been getting any response.
I was the week before you and silence -_-
Unfortunately it doesn't work only sequentially. Based on where you stand in competitiveness you might hear sooner or later as well. At least that's been my experience.
Yeah they told me that in an email, thanks thoughUnfortunately it doesn't work only sequentially. Based on where you stand in competitiveness you might hear sooner or later as well. At least that's been my experience.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I was wondering if there are any current Nova MD students lurking here. I had a few questions about the school before writing a LOI and was hoping to DM someone. 🙂
Hi, another current M1 here.[mention]SoggyGrapefruit [/mention]
Hi!
I am currently waitlisted and wanted to get some insight before sending a letter of intent and would really appreciate hearing your thoughts 🙂
A. Are the exams a mixture of NBME and in house exams?
B. Do you feel like you really need to use in house resources to pass exams.
C. Do you or other student struggling with academics feel supported.
D. How many in person days are required per week for classes and labs.
(The rest are more into third and fourth years so I’d appreciate any insight you or any of your upper-class men have. )
E. How easy is it to get research opportunities/attending mentorship - do you have to go out of your way to other institutions like UM or is there more then enough to go around.
F. Any insight on quality of rotations I hear HCA has some troubling news about their hospitals.
1. Exams are all NBME which is a lifesaver IMO
2. I personally only use outside resources with the occasional lecture from people I like, and I have had no issues passing exams.
3. I have not been struggling this far, but there is a good system in place with people who can help you with that. Dedicated student success people and all the professors/MD's are more than willing to help you out.
4. Currently 5 days per week but those days are usually only 2h, except for Tuesdays (8-5pm) in the first half of M1.
6. NSU MD has a lot of relationships with programs and research outside of our school. We have a dedicated research time during our first year but also plenty of time during 4th year. People in my class have gotten accepted into research programs at places like mofitt etc. Our research coordinator is also always willing to help you out and find opportunities for you.
7. I have not heard any issues internally, HCA south Florida does not have the same patient mill issues as some of their other regions as far as I am aware. I obv have not done my rotations yet but I have not heard about any major problems.
lmk if you have any other questions!
Sorry to ask a redundant question again but just to clarify adcom doesn't accept updates/letters unless you're waitlisted correct
Sorry to ask a redundant question again but just to clarify adcom doesn't accept updates/letters unless you're waitlisted correct
Correct
Dr.N55
Full Member
Hi, another current M1 here.
1. Exams are all NBME which is a lifesaver IMO
2. I personally only use outside resources with the occasional lecture from people I like, and I have had no issues passing exams.
3. I have not been struggling this far, but there is a good system in place with people who can help you with that. Dedicated student success people and all the professors/MD's are more than willing to help you out.
4. Currently 5 days per week but those days are usually only 2h, except for Tuesdays (8-5pm) in the first half of M1.
6. NSU MD has a lot of relationships with programs and research outside of our school. We have a dedicated research time during our first year but also plenty of time during 4th year. People in my class have gotten accepted into research programs at places like mofitt etc. Our research coordinator is also always willing to help you out and find opportunities for you.
7. I have not heard any issues internally, HCA south Florida does not have the same patient mill issues as some of their other regions as far as I am aware. I obv have not done my rotations yet but I have not heard about any major problems.
lmk if you have any other questions!
Thank you so much! This info is very well appreciated!
I was wondering what most students found the most challenging in their first two years, and if you have found any systems to better achieve the scores we need.
Also is there anything else we can start preparing for now, prior to our entrance into rotations?
Another M1 lurking before our exam Monday.
Just so y'all do not lose hope, my II was not until May 8th. They interview and accept pretty late at this school, there were other kids in my class who I remember were in my interview group as well.
Just so y'all do not lose hope, my II was not until May 8th. They interview and accept pretty late at this school, there were other kids in my class who I remember were in my interview group as well.