You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Nova Southeastern (MD)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So aside from a few very early A’s it seems that everyone recently accepted were waitlisted. Interesting.
imtiredman
New Member
Any other interviewees from 10/28 awaiting a decision? I see that many applicants who interviewed after me already received a decision. Should I try emailing them or something? Why is NSU like this 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BlueBudgie
Full Member
10/21 and nothing still .. who knows lolAny other interviewees from 10/28 awaiting a decision? I see that many applicants who interviewed after me already received a decision. Should I try emailing them or something? Why is NSU like this 🙂
They do not review candidates by interview dates/in chronological order, they use other metrics. It can never hurt to send a letter of interest or intent if you would like.Any other interviewees from 10/28 awaiting a decision? I see that many applicants who interviewed after me already received a decision. Should I try emailing them or something? Why is NSU like this 🙂
dogmomherelol
New Member
For those who got an acceptance, besides submitting the intent form. Is there anything else we have to go do to secure our spot? I know we have to commit to enroll on AMCAS but is there a deposit or something?
chemicalrush21
Full Member
I don't think there's anything else (I believe).For those who got an acceptance, besides submitting the intent form. Is there anything else we have to go do to secure our spot? I know we have to commit to enroll on AMCAS but is there a deposit or something?
Has anyone who interviewed on [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]/[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]]] heard anything??
I haven’t 🙁
They told us to not send any LOI's unless we've been waitlisted as they will not review the letter before any decision.They do not review candidates by interview dates/in chronological order, they use other metrics. It can never hurt to send a letter of interest or intent if you would like.
gradmed412
New Member
if we accept admission, is it binding? i haven’t seen it stated that it is or isn’t anywhere.
The matriculation intent form is not bindingif we accept admission, is it binding? i haven’t seen it stated that it is or isn’t anywhere.
prosmedstud
New Member
Just created this one!Accepted students group me ?
GroupMe
prosmedstud
New Member
is there an accepted students GroupMe?
GroupMe
Dr.N55
Full Member
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get an email confirmation or anything like that after sending an update letter?
I am wondering if I should now even though at my interview we were told they don't accept them unless you get waitlisted
Dr.N55
Full Member
Yeah I really wanted to before, but I heard some crazy medical school application stories, so I just stick to exactly what they say. I got waitlist in Mid-Feb, and I recently sent a letter, but Im assuming they are also increasingly busy toward the end of the cycle.
Also off of my LM score, you can see engineering was not kind to the GPA 🤕
Also off of my LM score, you can see engineering was not kind to the GPA 🤕
starshine177
Full Member
hey, just wanted to let you guys know my experience since it is a bit weird. I interviewed late october and got an email about decison update on the portal 1/30. The portal did not actually update with a decision until Feb 6th which was Waitlist. Now i checked the aamc choose your med school and see it says accepted, so i checked the nova portal and realized I had been changed to accepted on 2/12. Bottom line, everything seems to be very disorganized here with communication and if you are waitlisted check your portal often since they do not seem to send proper notifs.
commodore305
Full Member
Anyone else who interviewed & has not heard back see a new message under admission documents tab that says "Please allow for transcripts to be received and updated"?
yeah i’ve been seeing that for a whileAnyone else who interviewed & has not heard back see a new message under admission documents tab that says "Please allow for transcripts to be received and updated"?
Anyone else who interviewed & has not heard back see a new message under admission documents tab that says "Please allow for transcripts to be received and updated"?
Is that new ? If it is I completely overlooked that
Yes mine says that now. Early November interview with no responses from them.Anyone else who interviewed & has not heard back see a new message under admission documents tab that says "Please allow for transcripts to be received and updated"?
Edit: new for me.
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Is that new ? If it is I completely overlooked that
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure mine said that even around the time I was interviewing. I was accepted and mine still says that, so I don't think you guys need to worry!Yes mine says that now. Early November interview with no responses from them.
Edit: new for me.
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure mine said that even around the time I was interviewing. I was accepted and mine still says that, so I don't think you guys need to worry!
Thanks that's reassuring. Just wish they updated us already it's already 17 weeks post interview for some people.
SoggyGrapefruit
New Member
I'm a current M1 student here and am happy to answer any questions you have! I know you posted this 10 days ago but feel free to DM!Hello! I was wondering if there are any current Nova MD students lurking here. I had a few questions about the school before writing a LOI and was hoping to DM someone. 🙂
Dr.N55
Full Member
Hello and thank you for helping advise all of our applicants on any questions. I was wondering if you could talk about your first few weeks at Nova, what did you do, what events were planned by the medical school, any pertinent and memorable events, etc?I'm a current M1 student here and am happy to answer any questions you have! I know you posted this 10 days ago but feel free to DM!
Also a quick question would be, what is the average age of your classmates, and how is the general vibe of the school?
premedbunny
Full Member
+1 A (?). I have a matriculation intent form in the admissions documents tab congratulating me on my acceptance but nothing that says it clearly anywhere else. Interviewed 11/11
Got an email today saying a decision was made on my application. But nothing in my portal. Am I cooked?+1 A (?). I have a matriculation intent form in the admissions documents tab congratulating me on my acceptance but nothing that says it clearly anywhere else. Interviewed 11/11
premedbunny
Full Member
Did you try looking in the admissions documents tab? Also, make sure you use the link sent in the email, not where you submitted secondaries. My email says I have a decision letter to view but there's nothing other than the MD matriculation intent form that seems to say I was acceptedGot an email today saying a decision was made on my application. But nothing in my portal. Am I cooked?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don’t seem to see that 🙁Did you try looking in the admissions documents tab? Also, make sure you use the link sent in the email, not where you submitted secondaries. My email says I have a decision letter to view but there's nothing other than the MD matriculation intent form that seems to say I was accepted
Hi thank you for posting here.I'm a current M1 student here and am happy to answer any questions you have! I know you posted this 10 days ago but feel free to DM!
Is it normal to wait over 4 months and not hear back from your interview? Does the adcom have any explanation for this outside of copy and paste emails yielding little insight or help?
🫤
I also got an email saying there is a decision but see nothing in my portal or under admissions document. I also used the same link they sent in the email.
The email also kinda sounds like a rejection.
(Thank you for your interest in the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University. We appreciate the time and effort you dedicated to your application.
After a thorough review of your credentials, the Admissions Committee has made a final decision regarding your application)
The email also kinda sounds like a rejection.
(Thank you for your interest in the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University. We appreciate the time and effort you dedicated to your application.
After a thorough review of your credentials, the Admissions Committee has made a final decision regarding your application)
Elkcurtains
Full Member
I also just got this email. Did you interview here?I also got an email saying there is a decision but see nothing in my portal or under admissions document. I also used the same link they sent in the email.
The email also kinda sounds like a rejection.
(Thank you for your interest in the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University. We appreciate the time and effort you dedicated to your application.
After a thorough review of your credentials, the Admissions Committee has made a final decision regarding your application)
premedbunny
Full Member
My email used the same words! I thought I was rejected too at first. Now I don't know
I also just got this email. Did you interview here?
Yes I’ve interviewed already so I would really like to see my decision cause it could be really good or really bad haha.
Elkcurtains
Full Member
haha exactly same. been waiting since november. theres nothing in my portal yet.Yes I’ve interviewed already so I would really like to see my decision cause it could be really good or really bad haha.
premedbunny
Full Member
I tried calling (no response) and emailed so I will definitely let you guys know if I hear anything
chemicalrush21
Full Member
I also got an email saying there is a decision but see nothing in my portal or under admissions document. I also used the same link they sent in the email.
The email also kinda sounds like a rejection.
(Thank you for your interest in the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University. We appreciate the time and effort you dedicated to your application.
After a thorough review of your credentials, the Admissions Committee has made a final decision regarding your application)
I also just got this email. Did you interview here?
Though I agree the email sounds like a rejection, it's the same one I got and I was accepted on the first day. I'm sorry you guys are having a hard time accessing your actual decision letters, but at least that email doesn't necessarily imply a rejection :/My email used the same words! I thought I was rejected too at first. Now I don't know
EDIT: you also probably wouldn't be rejected at this point in the cycle, just WL if a decision is actually made and you aren't just deferred to the next round of reviews
dunkinforlife33
New Member
if you guys aren't able to view your decision on your portal, try logging into AMCAS and going on the "choose your medical school" tool and viewing your decision from there! if you're waitlisted or accepted, it will say so there 🙂
dunkinforlife33
New Member
same exact thing happened to me; i checked through the AMCAS choose your medical school tool and it ended up being a WLGot an email today saying a decision was made on my application. But nothing in my portal. Am I cooked?
same exact thing happened to me; i checked through the AMCAS choose your medical school tool and it ended up being a WL
Is there a specific link I use to login to see this tool or is it something you see when logging into your amcas account?
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Google AMCAS. Click the first link and then sign in. Scroll down to your 2025 application cycle button and click view/update application. Then in the bottom left you will see the "Quick Links" section. Right underneath "academic change request" there should be a button that says choose your medical school. If your decision has been reported to AMCAS (which mine was days before I got the decision email), it should say it there!Is there a specific link I use to login to see this tool or is it something you see when logging into your amcas account?
dunkinforlife33
New Member
you see it when you login to amcas and open your primary appIs there a specific link I use to login to see this tool or is it something you see when logging into your amcas account?
premedbunny
Full Member
Wait this is so smart I didn't even think of checking CYMSsame exact thing happened to me; i checked through the AMCAS choose your medical school tool and it ended up being a WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedbunny
Full Member
It seems like my acceptance was sent to CYMS on 2/25 but I received my acceptance email from Nova today, 2/27. So if you haven't heard back from Nova in a bit, it might be worthwhile to check CYMS
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Congrats!!!It seems like my acceptance was sent to CYMS on 2/25 but I received my acceptance email from Nova today, 2/27. So if you haven't heard back from Nova in a bit, it might be worthwhile to check CYMS
premedbunny
Full Member
Congrats!!!
Thank you so much!!!
Dr.N55
Full Member
Is it normal for the CYMS tool to not even pop up? Im assuming that means that hasn't been any change on that front then?Google AMCAS. Click the first link and then sign in. Scroll down to your 2025 application cycle button and click view/update application. Then in the bottom left you will see the "Quick Links" section. Right underneath "academic change request" there should be a button that says choose your medical school. If your decision has been reported to AMCAS (which mine was days before I got the decision email), it should say it there!
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Yeah, pretty sure this just means no school has reported you as being either accepted or WL yet to AAMC.Is it normal for the CYMS tool to not even pop up? Im assuming that means that hasn't been any change on that front then?