You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i emailed mine and it was uploaded to the portal same day!Hey everyone! If I wanted to send Pitt an update letter, would I just do so by email? I couldn't find a section for it in the portal
Hi All,
I hope you're all doing well! If I initially anticipated applying to the PSTP program (attended the info session + submitted letters of rec) but no longer feel it's a good fit for my research interests ( ex. global health research), would it negatively affect my main M.D app to not end up applying to PSTP?
I hope you're all doing well! If I initially anticipated applying to the PSTP program (attended the info session + submitted letters of rec) but no longer feel it's a good fit for my research interests ( ex. global health research), would it negatively affect my main M.D app to not end up applying to PSTP?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
None of us know what adcoms really think, but I feel like it would be worse to apply to a program that doesn’t align with your goals… it sounds like you did the right thing by going to the info session! Also, the MD and PSTP are separate admissions anywayHi All,
I hope you're all doing well! If I initially anticipated applying to the PSTP program (attended the info session + submitted letters of rec) but no longer feel it's a good fit for my research interests ( ex. global health research), would it negatively affect my main M.D app to not end up applying to PSTP?
WhiteCoatHopeful
Full Member
Kinda random but there’s a new show called The Pitt premiering tonight at nine pm eastern on hbo (you can also stream it on max). It’s set in a Pittsburgh hospital and has med students in it, so it might be a good little distraction while we wait for decisions
Last edited:
Hope to see all of us starring in the next season soon 😉
Kinda random but there’s a new show called The Pitt premiering tonight at nine pm eastern on hbo (you can also stream it on max). It’s set in Pitt’s hospital and has med students in it, so it might be a good little distraction while we wait for decisions
D
deleted1175312
sent in my LOI today, hope to see yall this summer ♥😊
D
deleted1125342
Does anyone know when Pitt makes their decisions? The decision release date is 1/31 but I'm wondering if they "lock in" their decisions earlier, kind of like how Boston University or UCF does.
rivelneeuq
Full Member
Does anyone know when Pitt makes their decisions? The decision release date is [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]/[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]] but I'm wondering if they "lock in" their decisions earlier, kind of like how Boston University or UCF does.
I am thinking it’s still the [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]st unless accidents happen and its earlier, should be getting an update on the portal and physical mail
WhiteCoatHopeful
Full Member
Hi All,
Is anybody waiting to be let into the research info session?
I am. I’m going to call admissions and see what’s going on.
difficultturtle
Full Member
Also waiting on the research session. Seems like they forgot.
doctordoctordoctor27
Full Member
I am wondering about this as wellDoes anyone know when Pitt makes their decisions? The decision release date is 1/31 but I'm wondering if they "lock in" their decisions earlier, kind of like how Boston University or UCF does.
They probably lock in their decisions for all applicants around the same time based on some portal changes from previous cycles. But we'll find out soon enough as it is! Two weeks from tomorrow!I am wondering about this as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They probably lock in their decisions for all applicants around the same time based on some portal changes from previous cycles. But we'll find out soon enough as it is! Two weeks from tomorrow!
Anyone know specifics on the portal changes to look for?
futureMD2321
Full Member
Straight to neurotic premed jailAnyone know specifics on the portal changes to look for?
Splogies
Full Member
It’s overbooked, sorryStraight to neurotic premed jail
armadilloprincess1123
Full Member
Did they say we would hear of our results on Jan 31? I feel like they said that but can't find that info anywhere!
Hi friend! It seems like that's the consensus 🙂Did they say we would hear of our results on Jan 31? I feel like they said that but can't find that info anywhere!
_overunder_
Full Member
Did they say we would hear of our results on Jan 31? I feel like they said that but can't find that info anywhere!
It's confirmed on their website here: Request Rejected! 🙂Hi friend! It seems like that's the consensus 🙂
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
Does Pitt value thank you letters? I didn't send one and is probably too late.
Nobody knows for sure. Unless you have interviewed in the last 2 weeks, I think sending it now, so close to admissions decisions, it might be kind of weird.Does Pitt value thank you letters? I didn't send one and is probably too late.
Also, AHHHHHHHH we are 10 days away.
PotatoBean
Full Member
I'm not sure that thank-you letters have a demonstrable impact for adoms at most any school, really. It's a nicetyDoes Pitt value thank you letters? I didn't send one and is probably too late.
I cant get in either...is anyone able to join the clinical rotations optional session zoom link?
alphaketoglutarate_lover
Full Member
Same...I cant get in either...
alphaketoglutarate_lover
Full Member
I think I will email.Maybe they cancelled the session
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed admissions, they said the facilitator is running about 15 mins late 🙂I think I will email.
I just went to remove it to see if there were other dates and now its not there to add back... not sure if thats bc its scheduled for now so it won't show up or if it was cancelled and there was a glitch that didn't remove it for people registeredMaybe they cancelled the session
Well crap... now it probably won't let me join haha. Oh well, it will be better to listen to once I know if I got in anyway !!I emailed admissions, they said the facilitator is running about 15 mins late 🙂
alphaketoglutarate_lover
Full Member
I still can't get on... has anyone been able to join yet?I emailed admissions, they said the facilitator is running about 15 mins late 🙂
I can’t eitherI still can't get on... has anyone been able to join yet?
alphaketoglutarate_lover
Full Member
what are the other dates they have it?I just went to remove it to see if there were other dates and now its not there to add back... not sure if thats bc its scheduled for now so it won't show up or if it was cancelled and there was a glitch that didn't remove it for people registered
There are none on there at the moment. But I know back in august when I interviewed there were none on there either and then one day I checked back and suddenly there was one date (today). So I think they will add more in the future and maybe this specific info session type is hard for them to get a facilitator for... all guesses here lolwhat are the other dates they have it?
if i'm not mistaken today might be the last date for this session since decisions come out soonish and idk if they're holding any more info sessions after... welp 😳what are the other dates they have it?
Has anyone ever actually attended this type of info session (clinical rotations)? Because today is the only date I have ever seen pop up on the dropdown to choose in the portal.if i'm not mistaken today might be the last date for this session since decisions come out soonish and idk if they're holding any more info sessions after... welp 😳
D
deleted1125342
No I haven't attended/seen any other date for this info session.
Speaking of, are any of these info sessions mandatory? And does anyone know if they have bearing (even if it's slight) on decisions?
Speaking of, are any of these info sessions mandatory? And does anyone know if they have bearing (even if it's slight) on decisions?
None are mandatory and there is no weight given to attending them! They record some of the most important ones, but I am not sure how to access those. To add, I think they acknowledge it would be unfair to expect every person to be able to make the sessions as many of us have full time jobs/fellowships, are busy students, etc.No I haven't attended/seen any other date for this info session.
Speaking of, are any of these info sessions mandatory? And does anyone know if they have bearing (even if it's slight) on decisions?
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
Any chance Pitt will release their decisions a week early like they did last year? [emoji1787]
D
deleted1175312
fool me once, shame on youAny chance Pitt will release their decisions a week early like they did last year? [emoji1787]
Splogies
Full Member
Fool me twice, pls accept me Pitt I’m counting on you dear god take my soulfool me once, shame on you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1125342
Cheering you on broFool me twice, pls accept me Pitt I’m counting on you dear god take my soul
Splogies
Full Member
I appreciate that, and right back at ya. I hope we all prosperCheering you on bro
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
i will die if they pull a last year and decisions come out tmrw i am not mentally prepared.
doctordoctordoctor27
Full Member
Don't even say that, that is so terrifying loli will die if they pull a last year and decisions come out tmrw i am not mentally prepared.