2024-2025 Ponce (Puerto Rico)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found the call to be odd. I can't imagine they call every applicant? I took it to mean they were interested in my app but she said ts a courtesy call
 
I found the call to be odd. I can't imagine they call every applicant? I took it to mean they were interested in my app but she said ts a courtesy call
Not familiar at all with that school but I'd generally say a courtesy is a courtesy. Don't read too much into anything less than an interview invite.
 
I received an interview invite, but I didn't see any info about the location/modality of the interview. Has anyone interviewed here before? If so, was it virtual or in-person, and either traditional/MMI/hybrid? Thank you!
 
Received an II yesterday by email after submitting 9/20. Does anyone have any insight on the interview experience? This will be my first. A friend of mine who interviewed at PHSU a couple years back told me that she was in a group with two others and they took turns answering questions, but the website mentions MMI and I'm not sure if it's changed.

As a native Spanish speaker who grew up in the mainland States, I'm nervous about my Spanish sounding rusty since I've never been interviewed in the language and haven't needed to communicate professionally about my research/medicine in Spanish (yet 😉). Does anyone know what their expectations are? Would appreciate any advice!
 
Received an II yesterday by email after submitting 9/20. Does anyone have any insight on the interview experience? This will be my first. A friend of mine who interviewed at PHSU a couple years back told me that she was in a group with two others and they took turns answering questions, but the website mentions MMI and I'm not sure if it's changed.

As a native Spanish speaker who grew up in the mainland States, I'm nervous about my Spanish sounding rusty since I've never been interviewed in the language and haven't needed to communicate professionally about my research/medicine in Spanish (yet 😉). Does anyone know what their expectations are? Would appreciate any advice!
Spanish will be assessed in the interview. Def practice answering questions in Spanish and check out the Interview Feedback page.
 
Has anyone who has interviewed already heard anything else from the school? I interviewed a month ago but haven’t heard anything yet.
 
Has anyone who has interviewed already heard anything else from the school? I interviewed a month ago but haven’t heard anything yet.
Hi there! I interviewed almost a month ago and received their decision about a week later. I would definitely touch base with the Admissions Office if you haven't heard from them yet. Good luck!
 
Hi there! I interviewed almost a month ago and received their decision about a week later. I would definitely touch base with the Admissions Office if you haven't heard from them yet. Good luck!
I interviewed around the same time and heard back about a week later. It might be a good idea to reach out to the Admissions Office if you haven't heard anything yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II (Puerto Rican tho)

Anyone interviewed here that can give some tips on how the day goes?
The interview is conducted online in an MMI format with 6 stations. Some stations are in English, while others are in Spanish. You have 2 minutes to read and prepare your response to each prompt, followed by 8 minutes to discuss it with the interviewer. After your initial response, the interviewer will most likely ask follow-up questions to promote conversation. Everyone was very kind, making it an overall pleasant and positive experience.
 
The interview is conducted online in an MMI format with 6 stations. Some stations are in English, while others are in Spanish. You have 2 minutes to read and prepare your response to each prompt, followed by 8 minutes to discuss it with the interviewer. After your initial response, the interviewer will most likely ask follow-up questions to promote conversation. Everyone was very kind, making it an overall pleasant and positive experience.

Amazing thank you so much
 
I interviewed a month ago but haven’t hear anything yet, has anyone emailed to get information about their status?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes accepted here. Is there an accepted students chat or something? I want to connect with others. Also I want to connect with current students and see their opinions. I have so many decisions to make and I’m stressing. 😅
 
Yes accepted here. Is there an accepted students chat or something? I want to connect with others. Also I want to connect with current students and see their opinions. I have so many decisions to make and I’m stressing. 😅
Congrats! you have to DM on insta the 2028 Ponce class and they will send a link for you to join the accepted students chat.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad