You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Ponce (St. Louis)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dbqvic0129
Full Member
It also helps only talking to one person since every time I switch.. I have conflicting detailsThey seem to be pretty responsive to my emails. I thought about calling but I was lowkey thinking they were annoyed me with my emails 🥲
premedicalstud3nt
Full Member
Yup! My call would get picked up though, it wouldn’t say “caller unavailable” or leave a voicemail, it would actually get picked up then it would get hung up before the receiving end said anything or before I got the chance to say anything. I was mainly in contact with Guy Pierce, who was very helpful till yesterday. He was the one I kept calling who would pick up the call then hang up. Finally I called through the main number and asked to speak to admissions, they transferred me over to his line, he was about to say “Hello this is Ponce”, but I said Hi at the same time. That’s when I heard him pull the phone aside to talk to someone else there with him, and said “Do you hear that” then hung up on me lol. Was not a good feeling. I understand people are human and maybe he was having a bad day and I started annoying him perhaps, but what an awful feeling that was for me. Makes me not want to reach out anymoreI honestly had that experience a couple of months ago where none of them were “suddenly unavailable” and that was prior to me getting an II. I stopped until I got the II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Oh yeah guy.. I was in contact with for a long time but I stopped because he kept saying “just wait”
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Yeah I have been patient. The annoying thing is that right now.. I’ve been planning my life in the case of a rejection so I had to register for a couple of courses and I hope they respond before class starts on May
premedicalstud3nt
Full Member
I am so sorry ): I’m on a similar boat too so I feel your frustration !Yeah I have been patient. The annoying thing is that right now.. I’ve been planning my life in the case of a rejection so I had to register for a couple of courses and I hope they respond before class starts on May
dbqvic0129
Full Member
I’ll try calling them again today. Hopefully it goes well.
premedicalstud3nt
Full Member
Wishing you the best of luck!I’ll try calling them again today. Hopefully it goes well.
D
deleted1205118
Any response ?I’ll try calling them again today. Hopefully it goes well.
dbqvic0129
Full Member
I was gonna call them tomorrow since yesterday felt a bit too early for the week. I'm sure they'll have more updates next week since students can commit to enroll by then.Any response ?
I talked to them yesterday. Three weeks left for them finish out the process is what they told me. Class is full and capped at 33. But like was said they expect attrition after next week. Still interviewing but it is coming to an end soon and are in the position of deciding who to accept, waitlist, and reject. If you are waitlisted make sure to expect the attrition takes some time to process through and and you could be accepted all the way to orientation in late July. So just thought I’d report what I was told.
thanks!!
infinitemusix
Full Member
pre-II R. The email did say “We want to emphasize that you are a strong applicant for our program and thank you once again for your interest in PHSU.” 🥲
D
deleted1205118
samepre-II R. The email did say “We want to emphasize that you are a strong applicant for our program and thank you once again for your interest in PHSU.” 🥲
infinitemusix
Full Member
🥲I wonder if that’s just their generic email or if they mean it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
themostgulliable
Full Member
Is it normal for the portal to still display 'incomplete transcripts'? I didn't hear from this school since September and I don't know if they're still sending out interviews
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Yeah that page in the portal doesn’t seem to change since you send those once you’re accepted. I’m not sure if they are still sending interviews but there should be some movement tomorrow due to students committing to their schools.Is it normal for the portal to still display 'incomplete transcripts'? I didn't hear from this school since September and I don't know if they're still sending out interviews
premedicalstud3nt
Full Member
Anyone hear anything? I know that students were supposed to commit yesterday
dbqvic0129
Full Member
None so far but this process can take a while. I just hope we get some news quick.Anyone hear anything? I know that students were supposed to commit yesterday
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Any news?
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Any waitlist news?
None
Just got an A- anyone have any idea if I have to select CTE if i have no other acceptances within 5 days? This isn’t binding right?
no. you do PTE and wait until july to CTE if you have other waitlists.Just got an A- anyone have any idea if I have to select CTE if i have no other acceptances within 5 days? This isn’t binding right?
zanzimango
Full Member
From the traffic rules on their website, looks like they require CTE within 5 days of acceptance for all acceptances after April 30. I would call to confirm.Just got an A- anyone have any idea if I have to select CTE if i have no other acceptances within 5 days? This isn’t binding right?
Got it- is it really 5 business days after receiving acceptance? That seems very little time to commit to the school, especially if on other waitlists. If anyone has any insight or is also sitting on other waitlist please let me know. I tried calling and left a VM.
does the admission letter specify that the student needs to commit to enroll on amcas site within 5 days?From the traffic rules on their website, looks like they require CTE within 5 days of acceptance for all acceptances after April 30. I would call to confirm.
View attachment 403329
Reserve your spot, whenever the payment time comes around and don’t change your AMCAS status until it gets closer to June. I was in this position last year waitlist at a few schools and accepted at PHSU and Belmont both relatively new programs, so I waited closer until mid-too late may to make my decision on AMCAS.
They want your money and if they accepted you, it is unlikely for them to rescind your offer unless something tremendous happens.
The $100 is absolutely not binding, but you won’t get it back if you pull your application, which is what it is.
As it gets closer to June please reach out to the waitlist listed schools and continue to hound them for status updates again, admissions team has no weight in rescinding your application so stay on them to do their job!
As the application season comes to an end, some people disappointed, hopefully a lot happy, and some in between! Keep going and if medicine is your passion stick with it! The opportunity we get to help people and change their lives is a rare thing!
Good luck everyone !
They want your money and if they accepted you, it is unlikely for them to rescind your offer unless something tremendous happens.
The $100 is absolutely not binding, but you won’t get it back if you pull your application, which is what it is.
As it gets closer to June please reach out to the waitlist listed schools and continue to hound them for status updates again, admissions team has no weight in rescinding your application so stay on them to do their job!
As the application season comes to an end, some people disappointed, hopefully a lot happy, and some in between! Keep going and if medicine is your passion stick with it! The opportunity we get to help people and change their lives is a rare thing!
Good luck everyone !
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Reserve your spot, whenever the payment time comes around and don’t change your AMCAS status until it gets closer to June. I was in this position last year waitlist at a few schools and accepted at PHSU and Belmont both relatively new programs, so I waited closer until mid-too late may to make my decision on AMCAS.
They want your money and if they accepted you, it is unlikely for them to rescind your offer unless something tremendous happens.
The $[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]] is absolutely not binding, but you won’t get it back if you pull your application, which is what it is.
As it gets closer to June please reach out to the waitlist listed schools and continue to hound them for status updates again, admissions team has no weight in rescinding your application so stay on them to do their job!
As the application season comes to an end, some people disappointed, hopefully a lot happy, and some in between! Keep going and if medicine is your passion stick with it! The opportunity we get to help people and change their lives is a rare thing!
Good luck everyone !
How do you know if you’re waitlisted for ponce since I interviewed two months ago and I haven’t received any news yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Either call them or check the portal. When I was waitlisted last year I never received an email only way I ever would have known initially is that I checked the portal. This year when I was waitlisted they didn’t tell me at all and had to call and it was news to me haha. Thankfully I was accepted elsewhere so I don’t have to worry about it. But I would call and speak with someone.How do you know if you’re waitlisted for ponce since I interviewed two months ago and I haven’t received any news yet.
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Either call them or check the portal. When I was waitlisted last year I never received an email only way I ever would have known initially is that I checked the portal. This year when I was waitlisted they didn’t tell me at all and had to call and it was news to me haha. Thankfully I was accepted elsewhere so I don’t have to worry about it. But I would call and speak with someone.
I do check the portal but it remains unchanged
It may not be fruitful but I would give them a call. +1 (314) 499-6540 ask for someone in admissions I always talked to Guy Pearce but there should be someone there to help you. There might not be anything to know but worth a shot.I do check the portal but it remains unchanged
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Thanks, yeah I’ve been in contact with him for a long time, but lately he has not been available for me. I did call them earlier and the lady said that she could call the committee and let me know ASAP. As for now, they said that I have not been waitlisted/rejected.It may not be fruitful but I would give them a call. +1 (314) 499-6540 ask for someone in admissions I always talked to Guy Pearce but there should be someone there to help you. There might not be anything to know but worth a shot.
Ahh. Well dang. That’s not a fun limbo to be in. I am sorry about that. It was not that hard for me, just the surprise of no updates and then suddenly on the waitlist. I know they generally meet on Tuesday’s. So maybe call again Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday.Thanks, yeah I’ve been in contact with him for a long time, but lately he has not been available for me. I did call them earlier and the lady said that she could call the committee and let me know ASAP. As for now, they said that I have not been waitlisted/rejected.
If I'm not mistaken some schools that I was waitlisted at you could see on the amcas tool, "choose your medical". Make sure to check that to see if there is any movement there. Unfortunately, if you don't have any acceptances or waitlist, the tool won't be available.How do you know if you’re waitlisted for ponce since I interviewed two months ago and I haven’t received any news yet.
I know some schools won't even bother to change it and communicate that you are waitlisted through email, and that's it. But they should communicate through that tool.
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Yeah, I check both the portal and AMCAS every week since I know that their emails can be slow but nothing yet.If I'm not mistaken some schools that I was waitlisted at you could see on the amcas tool, "choose your medical". Make sure to check that to see if there is any movement there. Unfortunately, if you don't have any acceptances or waitlist, the tool won't be available.
I know some schools won't even bother to change it and communicate that you are waitlisted through email, and that's it. But they should communicate through that tool.
withdrew A, good luck!
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Any news?
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Fr. I called them 2 weeks ago and they just kept saying they're still making the list and continue to expect attrition until July 🤦🏻♂️Does anyone know, or keep track of the waitlist movement? I'm just starting to lose hope over here 😂
Wow, the July date is quite tight. I called earlier today and left a voice message, no one called back yet.Fr. I called them 2 weeks ago and they just kept saying they're still making the list and continue to expect attrition until July 🤦🏻♂️
Looks like we continue the wait in the realm between realms for the time being 🫡
dbqvic0129
Full Member
It was frustrating cuz now that I’m enrolled in my post bacc course, the drop deadline is done and I have to finish it until late JulyWow, the July date is quite tight. I called earlier today and left a voice message, no one called back yet.
Looks like we continue the wait in the realm between realms for the time being 🫡
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Any news?
edit: I just talked to them and the lady said that they are at 29/33.
edit: I just talked to them and the lady said that they are at 29/33.
Last edited:
They went for a double down on me today with waitlist. A second waitlist email recieved this morningAny news?
edit: I just talked to them and the lady said that they are at 29/33.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dbqvic0129
Full Member
I wish I can just get something from themThey went for a double down on me today with waitlist. A second waitlist email recieved this morning
Pinkie1256
New Member
Hello, can anyone provide me with their experience with the MMI.
dbqvic0129
Full Member
Hi there, I had my interview three months ago. There were about six stations with six different people. You have around one minute to read the question and afterwards, the interviewer will ask you if you have read the prompt and then you could answer. They could also ask you follow up up questions. Each station is around 10 minutes so the whole interview will last one hour.Hello, can anyone provide me with their experience with the MMI.
infinitemusix
Full Member
Is there a 2025-2025 forum yet?
Is there a 2025-2025 forum yet?
Please share the Secondary essay prompts when available and tag a moderator.
Good luck to all applying!
Interview Feedback:
www.studentdoctor.net
Good luck to all applying!
Interview Feedback:
Ponce Health Science University School of Medicine - St. Louis
Review of Ponce Health Science University School of Medicine - St. Louis . Get the latest information, opinions of fellow students, and LizzyM and SDN Rankings.
- chilly_md
- Replies: 284
- Forum: MD Medical School-Specific Discussions Prior Years
Similar threads
- Replies
- 943
- Views
- 367K