2024-2025 Texas A & M

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy, y'all! I am a current M4 at A&M. Happy to honestly answer any questions you may have--just quote me or message me directly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy, y'all! I am a current M4 at A&M. Happy to honestly answer any questions you may have--just quote me or message me directly.
Hello! Do you feel like they prepare you well for Step exams and marching into residency programs? Offering resources, mentors, easy to get help if needed etc.
 
Which location did you choose, why'd you choose it, and how'd you like it? (Apologies if too personal).
I chose BCS primarily because of location--wanted to avoid large cities and more stability for my family. I had a great experience overall and can't speak highly enough of the AIM program. I would not be as strong of a clinician and would not have done nearly as well as a medical student if I had been in a traditional block schedule, and that's without accounting for the diversity of experiences and strong procedural training in the AIM program.

Hello! Do you feel like they prepare you well for Step exams and marching into residency programs? Offering resources, mentors, easy to get help if needed etc.
Regardless of the school you attend, preparing for board exams is largely an individual effort. The school provides plenty of dedicated study time, provides some board prep resources and practice exams, and the academic affairs office is very active at reaching out to any students who may be struggling with classes and provides everyone with a personalized study schedule for board exams. Personally, I largely ignored the school's efforts, used 3rd party resources for every organ block, and passed the pre-clerkship curriculum without an issue. I found the clerkship didactics for the BCS campus to be beneficial on average. I cannot speak firsthand about clinical experiences at other campuses. Our match list probably mirrors most mid-tier medical schools--strong enough that the name does not limit you but the best programs within each specialty may require a bit more work. I applied to IM and have been fortunate to be getting many interviews at top academic programs around the country.
 
Last edited:
M1 here! Interviewed at IS & OOS places. Kinda obsessed over school curriculums & pros/cons when I applied. A lot is still fresh in the head so More than happy to answer questions or offer relative perspective on schools where I can
 
@newbird123 I saw you liked this post! have you heard back?
No I interviewed early september and i think they told us that we should expect decisions in mid october, also they told us that they interview almost every single applicant (around 200), with a class size of 50, so if u majored in engineering definitely apply to here.
 
Last edited:
No I interviewed early september and i think they told us that we should expect decisions in mid october, also they told us that they interview almost every single applicant (around 200), with a class size of 50, so if u majored in engineering definitely apply to here.
Only 200 are applying to EnMed?

Arent there reserved seats coming in from combined A&M program?
 
No I interviewed early september and i think they told us that we should expect decisions in mid october, also they told us that they interview almost every single applicant (around 200), with a class size of 50, so if u majored in engineering definitely apply to here.
Since they sent out at least 1 new interview invitation this week, looks like their initial dates were off.
I don't know if they will wait until all interviews are over to make their offers.
 
No I interviewed early september and i think they told us that we should expect decisions in mid october, also they told us that they interview almost every single applicant (around 200), with a class size of 50, so if u majored in engineering definitely apply to here.
I applied and interviewed too! Sorry if it felt like I was singling you out! I saw that you liked the post and thought it meant you heard back, and I wanted to ask (esp since I couldn't DM you to ask privately). Also there was someone from the E2EnMed Early Assurance Program in my Interview cohort, so I think even if some of the 50 seats are reserved for those students, they still have to go through Interview Day. Not sure what that means for everyone else's chances, but truly hoping for the best for all of us!
 
True, 1k scholarship is the only way it works. There is a gap in terms of which all schools in Texas give instate automatically to OOS students and its good to know A&M does.
They originally told me they do not automatically give it. I think it is because they don't give it to the HPSP students but the tree that had no military affiliations all got it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think it would be a good time to send a letter of intent? I interviewed late October but am sure this is the school I want to attend. I went to A&M undergrad and love everything about being an Aggie. Would it help my chances of matching or just another email they disregard? TIA
 
Do you think it would be a good time to send a letter of intent? I interviewed late October but am sure this is the school I want to attend. I went to A&M undergrad and love everything about being an Aggie. Would it help my chances of matching or just another email they disregard? TIA
Did you write thank you letters and did you mention this would be your first choice?
 
Do you think it would be a good time to send a letter of intent? I interviewed late October but am sure this is the school I want to attend. I went to A&M undergrad and love everything about being an Aggie. Would it help my chances of matching or just another email they disregard? TIA
I know they accept update letters, you could end it with your enthusiasm about the school.
 
Hi! would it be approriate to send a update letter if I have not received an interview yet? also letter of intent is only after interview correct?
 
Hi! would it be approriate to send a update letter if I have not received an interview yet? also letter of intent is only after interview correct?
Update letters went far for me - like very very far. I got maybe 3-4 interviews that I could almost directly attribute to update letters because of how soon they were given after I sent them.

All anecdotal & I didn't personally send an update letter before my II at A&M - but it does no harm
 
Hi! would it be approriate to send a update letter if I have not received an interview yet? also letter of intent is only after interview correct?
I agree with the above commentator, however for A&M I sent my update letter a week ago and they never responded back. Most schools either acknowledge and accept, or kindly tell you they don’t take them but appreciate the efforts.
 
Just wanna say that Nov is a shaky time for many. A lot of stuff goes down this time of year. If you haven't heard nothing from a&M (or other schools), update letters do go far but you do needa have substance to your letter. I sent tons at planned intervals - don't wanna annoy the school, and plus, it does take time to have enough substance or solid new activities to write a good letter

There's still a lotta the cycle left, so chin up kings/queens!!!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad