You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
wondering the sameDoes anyone have any idea the likelihood of post interview acceptance rate of people who didnt pre-match?
I dont want to share when but very shocked to have received an acceptance from PLFSOM. Does accepting the offer through AMP bind me in any way? The email had this part bolded that said if you accept during the prematch period you only need to accept once
However I didn’t know what that meant and if that somehow means that the AMP portal selection overrides match
However I didn’t know what that meant and if that somehow means that the AMP portal selection overrides match
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This sounds confusing but you will still go through the Match like normal and rank your all schools how you want them.I dont want to share when but very shocked to have received an acceptance from PLFSOM. Does accepting the offer through AMP bind me in any way? The email had this part bolded that said if you accept during the prematch period you only need to accept once
However I didn’t know what that meant and if that somehow means that the AMP portal selection overrides match
I guess they meant you don't have to "officially accept" them again if you end up matching to their school.
shmockles18
Full Member
IS A today! interviewed way back in august
Whoa congrats- gotta revise your rank listIS A today! interviewed way back in august
shmockles18
Full Member
thank you! Definitely have to think about itWhoa congrats- gotta revise your rank list
alaninutrition
Full Member
I received an IS A! Super excited! However, I'm wondering how this should affect my rank list. Since this is technically not a pre-match offer (said so in the email, no idea that was possible), if I rank another school above Foster and match there, is my application to Foster withdrawn?
IS A, interview mid-November. I think for all schools, pre-match offer emails are just like any acceptance email (bc it is a true blue acceptance either way). As I'm reading the letter now, I am pretty sure that you can accept it and rank your schools in the way you wanted them in the first place - regardless if it is your first choice or not. They don't ask for the placement fee until May 15th, which is the biggest tell-tale that there is no harm in accepting the offer at this time.I received an IS A! Super excited! However, I'm wondering how this should affect my rank list. Since this is technically not a pre-match offer (said so in the email, no idea that was possible), if I rank another school above Foster and match there, is my application to Foster withdrawn?
That would be true whether or not this is “a prematch offer” . If you match to a school you ranked higher than this one, that’s your school.I received an IS A! Super excited! However, I'm wondering how this should affect my rank list. Since this is technically not a pre-match offer (said so in the email, no idea that was possible), if I rank another school above Foster and match there, is my application to Foster withdrawn?
It makes no sense for their email to say “this is not a pre-match offer”???
medapplicant4
Full Member
Scholarship received.
Is this school pre match heavy ? Feeling a lil discouraged rn😪😪 congrats to y’all tho
alaninutrition
Full Member
Is there an admitted students group chat?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone that interviewed not get it?Everyone get a campus tour email today for 3/11? would make sense if they sent it after match d
Makes sense to register for it only if you match thereEveryone get a campus tour email today for 3/11? would make sense if they sent it after match day.
staycool4ever
New Member
I didn't get it and I've pre-matched here. Wouldn't think too hard about it.Did anyone that interviewed not get it?
staycool4ever
New Member
Out of curiosity for those who did receive the campus tour email...did you guys rank El Paso #1 or at least high?Everyone get a campus tour email today for 3/11? would make sense if they sent it after match day.
I know you're curious and people can answer you if they want to,Out of curiosity for those who did receive the campus tour email...did you guys rank El Paso #1 or at least high?
but also I want to clarify that the TMDSAS schools cannot see how you ranked them.
The schools will see who ended up in their class the same day you do, Feb 14th
Log in to your TMDSAS portal any time at or after 8 am.Will we know the match result right at 8 or just any time after 8am on Feb 14?
Your results will be there and will stay visible-
The individual schools will contact you if they want to add you to a WLWill we know if we are waitlisted via email or will it show on the TMDSAS portal?
This may take a couple of weeks after Match Day
fr10 days is like 10 months
Are you a Texan?Just curious, if I accept the acceptance offer is it non-binding like a prematch offer? I received an offer last week and am scared to accept as it wasn't clarified whether the acceptance was binding or not in the email
Yes, IS AAre you a Texan?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was a pre-match offer if you got it before Jan 31, so yes accepting it is non-binding and you are in the Match like normal.Yes, IS A
BluthBananaStand
Full Member
Follow-up question, it states in the offer letter that there is a $100 deposit to hold an acceptance, if we accept the prematch but end up matching somewhere else on Feb 14, we don’t need to pay this $100 deposit correct?Just curious, if I accept the acceptance offer is it non-binding like a prematch offer? I received an offer last week and am scared to accept as it wasn't clarified whether the acceptance was binding or not in the email
CorrectFollow-up question, it states in the offer letter that there is a $100 deposit to hold an acceptance, if we accept the prematch but end up matching somewhere else on Feb 14, we don’t need to pay this $100 deposit correct?
Didn’t match😭😭. They said everyone that interviews here is automatically waitlisted if they don’t match correct ?
Texascatlover
Full Member
Just got an email being placed on alternate list
Congratulations on your match!Question: I am on UTMB wait-list and matched here. Should I just accept the offer and reject UTMB? Does my acceptance irreversibly exclude other school possibilities?
You are allowed to accept spots on WLs for any schools you had ranked higher than your match school, and decide later, if you get a new offer, whether to stay with your match school or move over.
Last edited:
Did anyone who didn’t match not receive alternate list email? I did but just want to see if they waitlisted all.
Also are any of y’all admitted hoping for a spot at a school you ranked higher ?
flameohotman
Full Member
MATCHED! Are there any GroupMes for accepted students?
Does that match show you that you have been waitlisted?Congratulations on your match!
You are allowed to accept spots on WLs for any schools you had ranked higher than your match school, and decide later if you if you get a new offer whether to stay with your match school or move over.
Only a Match school will show up on your TMDSAS portal (or a "no match" message).Does that match show you that you have been waitlisted?
Any WL spots will be communicated to you directly from a school via email.
Me too! Would also like to know if there is a groupme!MATCHED! Are there any GroupMes for accepted students?
likewiseMe too! Would also like to know if there is a groupme!
+1 Alternate List IS at 9:56 am today, it seemed like everyone gets put on the alternate list if they ranked PLFSOM higher, but I am not sure. I matched to another school.
MSAR does say this:
"Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
8-10
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
8
Waitlist procedures and information
Applicants are notified of alternate status subsequent to TMDSAS match."
Unsure if waitlist = alternate list in total in this context, but there's the data
MSAR does say this:
"Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
8-10
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
8
Waitlist procedures and information
Applicants are notified of alternate status subsequent to TMDSAS match."
Unsure if waitlist = alternate list in total in this context, but there's the data
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they accept letters of intent from students on the alternate list?
I too am wondering this, but per the MSAR it says they dont "Do they accept letters of intent from students on the alternate list?
Letter of Intent/Letter of Interest/Notice of Significant Updates
This medical school accepts the following letters or notifications from applicants
No
More information about letters of intent, updates, notice of significant updates or achievements
Additional documents and/or updates must be submitted through TMDSAS. No additional Letters of Recommendation or letters of interest will be accepted directly to the Office of Admissions."
hello @wysdoc, i also recieved a waitlist from UTMB which I had ranked very highly on my list. Would it be a good idea to send a continued letter of interest considering it would be my second letter of intent, as I sent one a week after my campus visit before the match?Congratulations on your match!
You are allowed to accept spots on WLs for any schools you had ranked higher than your match school, and decide later, if you get a new offer, whether to stay with your match school or move over.
I also don't have any significant changes in my application, just wanted to state my continued interest in hopes of making it off the waitlist.
A letter of intent is more common post interview. lOCI is usually used pre interviewhello @wysdoc, i also recieved a waitlist from UTMB which I had ranked very highly on my list. Would it be a good idea to send a continued letter of interest considering it would be my second letter of intent, as I sent one a week after my campus visit before the match?
I also don't have any significant changes in my application, just wanted to state my continued interest in hopes of making it off the waitlist.
This is the Texas Tech El Paso page , but my answer would be the same.hello @wysdoc, i also recieved a waitlist from UTMB which I had ranked very highly on my list. Would it be a good idea to send a continued letter of interest considering it would be my second letter of intent, as I sent one a week after my campus visit before the match?
I also don't have any significant changes in my application, just wanted to state my continued interest in hopes of making it off the waitlist.
If offered a place on a WL it makes good sense to at least reply and thank them, and say you are still interested in attending their school. Keep it short if you have already sent a recent LOI.