You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Either type of applicant could get a WL offer until the maximum number of OOS matriculants is reached (no more than 10% of the class size)Do OOS students move up on the waitlist only if another OOS student rejects their acceptance? Or even if in state admitted students reject too?
Serious Question: I choose AMCAS to commit to enroll in our school and withdraw all other schools. However, today I received this saying my status is changed. Of course, I didn't withdraw the offer here and there is no rescind of offer received from admission office til now.
Is this just a process meaning my seat is finalized?
Is this just a process meaning my seat is finalized?
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You committed to Foster?Serious Question: I choose AMCAS to commit to enroll in our school and withdraw all other schools. However, today I received this saying my status is changed. Of course, I didn't withdraw the offer here and there is no rescind of offer received from admission office til now.
Is this just a process meaning my seat is finalized?
Call them & see if it’s an error or glitch, this doesn’t look right
TTUHSC said I am still with them it's the problem with TMDSAS. TMDSAS portal said there might be a technical glitch because the withdrawal happened 05/03 which is a Saturday? I just confirmed it's 100% not my problem and they will fix it ASAP. I feel my heart is not staying with me right now... though. Maybe they confused UTMB (which I did with drew) with my school?You committed to Foster?
Call them & see if it’s an error or glitch, this doesn’t look right
Good, glad you got through to both places. TMDSAS will fix stuff for you if it’s their technical errorTTUHSC said I am still with them it's the problem with TMDSAS. TMDSAS portal said there might be a technical glitch because the withdrawal happened 05/03 which is a Saturday? I just confirmed it's 100% not my problem and they will fix it ASAP. I feel my heart is not staying with me right now... though. Maybe they confused UTMB (which I did with drew) with my school?
Has anyone heard anything about any WL movement?
There will be more WL movement later on. If you're on their WL and you don't have another match school, they know you are 99% going to accept a place if offered.Can I send a letter to admissions to demonstrate my interest and if I get in I’m 100% committing? Will that be well received or hurt my chances? Also, will there still be waitlist movement through May and June?
I dont know if this will hurt you but they did say they dont accept letters of intent. This was reiterated in the re-applicant seminarCan I send a letter to admissions to demonstrate my interest and if I get in I’m 100% committing? Will that be well received or hurt my chances? Also, will there still be waitlist movement through May and June?
I'm an OOS applicant, so I don't know if they can see my results from my non-Texas applications. With that being said, do you think writing a "I will definitely attend" statement would help? Thank you!There will be more WL movement later on. If you're on their WL and you don't have another match school, they know you are 99% going to accept a place if offered.
Other applicants have reported that this school has told them a LOI will not change things.I'm an OOS applicant, so I don't know if they can see my results from my non-Texas applications. With that being said, do you think writing a "I will definitely attend" statement would help? Thank you!
celestialgates
New Member
withdrew my seat a few days ago! godspeed
Baldlegend
New Member
+1 OOS from waitlist! Very excited! I hope you others hear back soon! Is there an accepted student GroupMe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it safe to assume that Foster is done with WL movement?
Texascatlover
Full Member
Is it safe to assume that Foster is done with WL movement?
In the last cycle some people got off in early June so I would say there is some hope
I'm collecting start dates for all the TMDSAS schools-
Can someone in the 2025 entering class please inform me of the date you report for orientation?
Thank you and I will list them all in the Republic of Texas thread.
Can someone in the 2025 entering class please inform me of the date you report for orientation?
Thank you and I will list them all in the Republic of Texas thread.
Texas Tech El Paso orientation starts July 1-
Enjoy meeting your classmates and launching this venture together!
Enjoy meeting your classmates and launching this venture together!
InnerPeace02
Full Member
Hi, I'm applying for 2025-2026 cycle. I have interview offer and would like to get some tips. How was the overall feel of the virtual interview process?