You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Texas A & M
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dopaminergic Cells
Full Member
The orientations are available every other Monday. I am registered for the Oct 7th orientation.I know the dates for the interview orientation are either the Monday the week of or week before your interview; however, I forgot to make a note of the dates they listed in the portal and now cant see them. Does anybody remember what dates they had listed for October interviewers? I just want to plan out my week and knowing whether it is the Monday of or before tells me whether I need to get an exam for a class rescheduled or not.
Flash_Oprah
New Member
Just wanted to clarify, this is A&M's first year doing MMI style interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, it isJust wanted to clarify, this is A&M's first year doing MMI style interview?
Redneck Doc
Full Member
I’m feeling some ii’s this week!! Praying one hits my inbox
Hopeful_MD2BE
New Member
IS ll received today (10/14)! Wishing you all the best on this journey!
KuriousKoala
Full Member
IS A!!
family member prematch just now!
LM81
IS ORM
interviewed in early september
Regular - not enmed
LM81
IS ORM
interviewed in early september
Regular - not enmed
Last edited:
roastbeef02
Full Member
Well now I guess we wait until February
you could get a prematch offer any time between today & January 2025Well now I guess we wait until February
docloading
Full Member
Congratulations on all the pre-matches! Are these for Regular MD or EnMed?
Turquoisecat
New Member
.
Last edited:
KuriousKoala
Full Member
RegularCongratulations on all the pre-matches! Are these for Regular MD or EnMed?
docloading
Full Member
Any updates on EnMed pre-match yet?
Congrats to those that got pre-match offers! feel free to DM me if you have any questions about A&M COM.
(and I you didnt pre-match, don't worry!! it's NOT common to get a pre-match offer so don't give up hope for match day)
(and I you didnt pre-match, don't worry!! it's NOT common to get a pre-match offer so don't give up hope for match day)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those that prematched! I'm an MS1 at A&M. Just wanted to let the OOS hopefuls here know that there is still plenty of time. However, in our class there are only 3 students who are not from Texas or from a Military academy. All 3 of us were accepted towards the end of May. So if you are in a similar boat, just wanted to let you know the A will likely not come for a long time.
Did they give you all instate tuition?Congrats to those that prematched! I'm an MS1 at A&M. Just wanted to let the OOS hopefuls here know that there is still plenty of time. However, in our class there are only 3 students who are not from Texas or from a Military academy. All 3 of us were accepted towards the end of May. So if you are in a similar boat, just wanted to let you know the A will likely not come for a long time.
I think a little bit less actually. We actually pay 1000 less a semester than our instate counterparts.Did they give you all instate tuition?
whats the best way to prep for an mmi?
You have done CASPer, so you know what to do.whats the best way to prep for an mmi?
It will seem more natural with a live person listening to your answer
I just finished up my third one (none at A&M though). Spend time on the school's website and discover aspects you find interesting/compelling/etc in case it is relevant to a question. Also, know your experiences (both those on your 1º/2º and those that are not) well so you can reference them if relevant. However, most questions will be more ethical/moral in nature. Here's some good examples to practice with to get yourself in the mindset: 100 Medical School MMI Interview Ethical Questions & Scenarios - BlackStone Tutorswhats the best way to prep for an mmi?
Fun fact, one of my favorite low-effort resources for this was watching Grey's Anatomy. Most definitely not for any medical advice, but more like "what would I do if I faced this crazy scenario or my coworkers started acting like teenagers?"
True, 1k scholarship is the only way it works. There is a gap in terms of which all schools in Texas give instate automatically to OOS students and its good to know A&M does.I think a little bit less actually. We actually pay 1000 less a semester than our instate counterparts.
Would it be a good idea to send a recommendation letter from a professor at Texas A&M HSC as an update? I submitted my secondary late July and haven't heard anything.
No letters of recommendation are accepted outside of the ones you sent via TMDSASWould it be a good idea to send a recommendation letter from a professor at Texas A&M HSC as an update? I submitted my secondary late July and haven't heard anything.
Last edited:
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
IS II 10/14; LM 72; Complete 6/18 !!
premed25548384
Full Member
Do you guys think its too late/not going to help much, to send an update letter in like november pre interview for tmdsas schools if you just started a new research position?
oscillateauscultate
New Member
Has anyone heard anything from enmed yet?
docloading
Full Member
lol i've been obsessively refreshing this thread like once an hour since last week to figure that out. i haven't heard anything yet, but i remember them saying it will most likely be early Nov at Interview Day (not sure if that's fr or them just saying that to buy themselves time)Has anyone heard anything from enmed yet?
oscillateauscultate
New Member
Fingers crossed until then. Best of luck!lol i've been obsessively refreshing this thread like once an hour since last week to figure that out. i haven't heard anything yet, but i remember them saying it will most likely be early Nov at Interview Day (not sure if that's fr or them just saying that to buy themselves time)
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
Any advice on interview day here from people who have already interviewed or possibly from people who prematched?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's an MMI, no different from others I've had. Interviewers are neutral (as instructed) so I would just give a bright smile, talk to the camera, and present your most authentic self. They emphasize that there are no right or wrong answers for these questions, which I think was true.Any advice on interview day here from people who have already interviewed or possibly from people who prematched?!
The interview is closed file right?
The interview is closed file right?
it's an mmi
shmockles18
Full Member
ii IS today! Complete 06/24
APloy
Full Member
ii IS today! Complete 06/24
Congrats! What was the earliest interview date available for you?
you are allowed to be antisocial if you want to 🤖Is the social required
Seriously, though,
Correction due to Neymar _jr's post - the orientation meeting on Mondays the week before your actual interview is required
Sorry @tntttttttttt
Last edited:
shmockles18
Full Member
I think it was nov 5Congrats! What was the earliest interview date available for you?
shmockles18
Full Member
And thank you!I think it was nov 5
If ur referring to the orientation I’d definitely say it’s required (I didn’t see anything abt a social in the email but it could be bc my Interview date hasn’t come up yet)!im busy on Mondays lmaoo. but they never said in the email so just wondering.
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
If I remember correctly, the socials are held on the same night as the orientations. They'll provide you with an email link to that zoom meeting and I think they start around 6pm.If ur referring to the orientation I’d definitely say it’s required (I didn’t see anything abt a social in the email but it could be bc my Interview date hasn’t come up yet)!
Has TAMU not shown up on anyone else's rank Iist on TMDSAS after interviewing? Every other school I've interviewed at showed up within 24 hours so I'm just wondering if this has happened to others
Has TAMU not shown up on anyone else's rank Iist on TMDSAS after interviewing? Every other school I've interviewed at showed up within 24 hours so I'm just wondering if this has happened to others
yeah i dont have it yet either
KuriousKoala
Full Member
I apologize if this has already been asked before. Could someone briefly run down to me TAMU's exam format? Is it NBME, In-house, or both? And if it is both, is it similar to Mcgovern where 1st semester is In-house, and rest of pre-clerkship organ systems are NBME? Having a difficult time finding some of this info online lol.
vast majority will be in-house exams with NBMEs given alongside finals for some of the courses.I apologize if this has already been asked before. Could someone briefly run down to me TAMU's exam format? Is it NBME, In-house, or both? And if it is both, is it similar to Mcgovern where 1st semester is In-house, and rest of pre-clerkship organ systems are NBME? Having a difficult time finding some of this info online lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You do you. I'm glad there was some flexibility for you.the thing is.. the social is separate from the orientation. Also, apparently there are other social dates besides the orientation date that I can attend. Nvm!!!
Last edited:
Funtimesahead
Full Member
When did you complete your app?IS II Today!
IS Pre-Match, interviewed late august! (they call, which is very sweet, appreciated that touch!)
Last edited:
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
Congratulations future doc!!IS Pre-Match, interviewed late august