2024-2025 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How can we add more classes to TMDSAS if that is a possibility? I was able to transfer one of my AP English credits to a community college and I am trying to update that onto my TMDSAS account. Thanks for the help in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How can we add more classes to TMDSAS if that is a possibility? I was able to transfer one of my AP English credits to a community college and I am trying to update that onto my TMDSAS account. Thanks for the help in advance!
You have to send a message through your TMDSAS portal (top right of webpage) and explain and ask them to unlock your courses so you can add courses.
 
I think the number getting in from the WL is probably close but I would guess more were on the WL in the first place
As nice as it would be to believe it were true I agree there’s no way they would cut it that close. Thank you. But although prob a stupid question alternate list = waitlist correct ?
 
Hey are any of y’all who were admitted on the WL to schools your ranked higher and or planning on going OOS?
 
Has anyone gotten a waitlist or even a rejection from El Paso following Match Day? PLFSOM has been dead silent since Match Day for me

There's nothing on the application portal either
 
Has anyone gotten a waitlist or even a rejection from El Paso following Match Day? PLFSOM has been dead silent since Match Day for me

There's nothing on the application portal either
Check junk mail as well. If you want to double check if you made the WL you may have to send a polite email inquiry
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten a waitlist or even a rejection from El Paso following Match Day? PLFSOM has been dead silent since Match Day for me

There's nothing on the application portal either
I’m pretty sure they waitlist all non matched people. I received an email tho about alternate list.
 
Has anyone gotten a waitlist or even a rejection from El Paso following Match Day? PLFSOM has been dead silent since Match Day for me

There's nothing on the application portal either
Dang maybe what they say about only waitlisting 8-10 is true on MSAR (I’m delusional and will take any signs at this point)
 
Go to your portal and check communication status. There should be one that says alternate list if u did receive one
You may also go to AMCAS! They have a decision tool, there you'll see which school wants you and which school puts you on waitlist.
My waitlist is updated on the next day of match.
Capture d’écran 2025-03-09 à 9.47.47 AM.png
 
Hey I was asking if they ever heard back as to whether or not they were included on the alternate list. Trying to see if this school waitlisted all unmatched applicants
I would also like to know if all unmatched applicants are automatically waitlisted (put on “alternate list”), it seems like it from forums I’ve read. Was waitlisted at two Texas schools, hoping for a lot of waitlist movement next month for everyone!
 
I would also like to know if all unmatched applicants are automatically waitlisted (put on “alternate list”), it seems like it from forums I’ve read. Was waitlisted at two Texas schools, hoping for a lot of waitlist movement next month for everyone!
Unfortunately I don’t think OP is gonna reply
 
@wysdoc


So for amcas I selected no on misdemeanor but I am from Texas and just realized speeding tickets are misdemeanors. I was not convicted and received differed disposition. Under the advice of chat gpt in certiphi I also selected no under misdemeanor as again I was never convicted. Will this be a problem? Should I email my school before they get a report ? This is a amcas school non tmdsas
 
@wysdoc


So for amcas I selected no on misdemeanor but I am from Texas and just realized speeding tickets are misdemeanors. I was not convicted and received differed disposition. Under the advice of chat gpt in certiphi I also selected no under misdemeanor as again I was never convicted. Will this be a problem? Should I email my school before they get a report ? This is a amcas school non tmdsas
Speeding tickets are usually not a deal breaker if not affiliated with drinking & driving.
You can search SDN for many past discussions on it, and decide whether you want to send them a brief email before your background check goes out to them, or wait until they enquire.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@wysdoc I have already been accepted to one AMCAS school, but I am still waiting for a decision from another school where I interviewed. When I checked the "Choose Your Medical School" portal for the school I haven’t heard back from yet, it now says "Application on hold for more information." A few days ago, the status was listed as "Alternate List." I haven't been asked for any additional information by the school.


Do you happen to know what this status means or what I should expect next? I appreciate any insight or advice!


Thank you!
 
@wysdoc I have already been accepted to one AMCAS school, but I am still waiting for a decision from another school where I interviewed. When I checked the "Choose Your Medical School" portal for the school I haven’t heard back from yet, it now says "Application on hold for more information." A few days ago, the status was listed as "Alternate List." I haven't been asked for any additional information by the school.


Do you happen to know what this status means or what I should expect next? I appreciate any insight or advice!


Thank you!
I think it means you are on the alternate list (WL) for that AMCAS school you were waiting to hear from. Check that school’s portal to see if they listed you as WL
 
I think it means you are on the alternate list (WL) for that AMCAS school you were waiting to hear from. Check that school’s portal to see if they listed you as WL
thank you!! unfortunately they dont have a portal that works in that manner. Its just weird bc i was switched from alternate list listed on CMS to "Application on hold for more information." like what information are they even talking about..
 
thank you!! unfortunately they dont have a portal that works in that manner. Its just weird bc i was switched from alternate list listed on CMS to "Application on hold for more information." like what information are they even talking about..
Oh, I thought it was the other way around. Keep checking your emails from that school & see what's up!
 
Does anyone here know about waitlist movement for PLFSOM currently? If there has been much movement or not?
 
@Mybosswontapproveofthis @Texascatlover Thank y'all both for your responses! I'm OOS with this being my only waitlist so it has been stressful to say the least. I hope we can get some good news soon!
 
@wysdoc @Goro . Hello so I have recently run into a dilemma and would really appreciate y’all’s advice. I am waitlisted tmdsas but have an acceptance to an amcas school. My amcas school has a CTE deadline of April 30th BUT I do not have to withdraw from waitlists. I understand tmdsas schools will be able to see if I CTE elsewhere as my waitlist positions tmdsas show up on my amcas CYMS portal. My questions are the following

1. Will me committing to enroll at an amcas school make it unlikely for a tmdsas school to offer me an acceptance off of the waitlist?

2. Should I email the TMDSAS schools and explain to them the situation and affirm I’m still interested or not draw attention or it and see what happens.

Thank you !
 
@wysdoc @Goro . Hello so I have recently run into a dilemma and would really appreciate y’all’s advice. I am waitlisted tmdsas but have an acceptance to an amcas school. My amcas school has a CTE deadline of April 30th BUT I do not have to withdraw from waitlists. I understand tmdsas schools will be able to see if I CTE elsewhere as my waitlist positions tmdsas show up on my amcas CYMS portal. My questions are the following

1. Will me committing to enroll at an amcas school make it unlikely for a tmdsas school to offer me an acceptance off of the waitlist?

2. Should I email the TMDSAS schools and explain to them the situation and affirm I’m still interested or not draw attention or it and see what happens.

Thank you !
@Gigatt1234 you can DM me
Basically I want to know: is it a PTE or CTE deadline at your OOS school
 
@wysdoc @Goro . Hello so I have recently run into a dilemma and would really appreciate y’all’s advice. I am waitlisted tmdsas but have an acceptance to an amcas school. My amcas school has a CTE deadline of April 30th BUT I do not have to withdraw from waitlists. I understand tmdsas schools will be able to see if I CTE elsewhere as my waitlist positions tmdsas show up on my amcas CYMS portal. My questions are the following

1. Will me committing to enroll at an amcas school make it unlikely for a tmdsas school to offer me an acceptance off of the waitlist?

2. Should I email the TMDSAS schools and explain to them the situation and affirm I’m still interested or not draw attention or it and see what happens.

Thank you !
This is outside of my knowledge base, alas.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All AMCAS schools have a CTE deadline on 4/30
I'm sorry, that is not accurate. Schools have their own CTE deadlines, some as late as July . Some schools do have a CTE deadline of April 30 and everyone should verify the dates of schools where they are holding acceptances.
Source: AAMC Reports
 

Attachments

I'm sorry, that is not accurate. Schools have their own CTE deadlines, some as late as July . Some schools do have a CTE deadline of April 30 and everyone should verify the dates of schools where they are holding acceptances.
Source: AAMC Reports
Thanks for verifying, my apologies! I confused the "narrow down to 1 school" deadline on AMCAS CYMS tool with CTE.