2024-2025 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people that submitted post outage did you get a complete email ? I did not
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS A today!!! This is my third application cycle and first acceptance. Interviewed on 10/29. The tears have not stopped flowing :’)
Congrats! I respect your determined sense to this career. Can you share your stats? I interviewed Nov 14 and am crossing my fingers
 
Today 11/27 I received secondary application request reminder from Foster's (Australian for beer?). This has been my only communication with this school. My secondary application was completed........6/11/24. That is as early as it gets basically. Make this make sense to me? Is it some reminder a rejection letter is coming soon?
 
Today 11/27 I received secondary application request reminder from Foster's (Australian for beer?). This has been my only communication with this school. My secondary application was completed........6/11/24. That is as early as it gets basically. Make this make sense to me? Is it some reminder a rejection letter is coming soon?
I would recommend replying to them to say that you submitted your secondary on 6/11/24 and ask them if they would like you to send it again.

In the unusual event of their recent IT shutdown they might have lost some data.
 
Never assume the worst, least of all when you don't have all of the facts. We can't provide any facts, only speculation, which you need less of. Contact the school. Do you have a screenshot showing you submitted it months ago? If so, include that in your email.

Although the reminder request isn't what you or I would want, I'd welcome such a notice. It provides you with a legitimate reason to contact them. Turn your lemon into lemonade. Ask for clarification and state your interest in the school.
Thanks, It was their error.
 
Hi guys! I have an interview coming up next week. I wanted to ask about the mandatory orientation that occurs before the interview. For those who had attended the orientation, what all entails in that? It seems to be an orientation that occurs all day. Are there breaks? Should I wear my formal outfit? What should I expect in this orientation? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
 
Hi guys! I have an interview coming up next week. I wanted to ask about the mandatory orientation that occurs before the interview. For those who had attended the orientation, what all entails in that? It seems to be an orientation that occurs all day. Are there breaks? Should I wear my formal outfit? What should I expect in this orientation? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Dress up and wear your good outfit all day. There may be some breaks here and there, they will keep you informed.
During the formal orientation there will be a lot of information about the school so you can note down things as you view the presentations.
After the orientation you will be directed to your MMI sequence.

P.S. Note the Time Zone! El Paso is in Mountain Time, most of Texas is in Central Zone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dress up and wear your good outfit all day. There may be some breaks here and there, they will keep you informed.
During the formal orientation there will be a lot of information about the school so you can note down things as you view the presentations.
After the orientation you will be directed to your MMI sequence.

P.S. Note the Time Zone! El Paso is in Mountain Time, most of Texas is in Central Zone.
Do you have to keep our camera on through the orientation?
 
Never said I wasn't committing my time and attention and setting other activities aside, was just wondering but ok
I didn’t mean to come across condescending, sorry. You are not going to be asked questions or anything during this part of the day, but you might need to check in at first & be aware of when your MMI stations start
 
IS II!!! My first MD invite, and I was complete 12/02 😭... I thought it was over for me.

I'm having trouble with the AMP Portal loading and there are no dates available currently though. I am also wondering if anyone is having the same issue and will email them if it doesn't resolve soon.

Edit: I was able to choose a date! There's 2 Jan days. The portal is just oddly super slow still. Not sure if it's just on my end.
 
Last edited:
IS II!!! My first MD invite, and I was complete 12/02 😭... I thought it was over for me.

I'm having trouble with the AMP Portal loading and there are no dates available currently though. I am also wondering if anyone is having the same issue and will email them if it doesn't resolve soon.

Edit: I was able to choose a date! There's 2 Jan days. The portal is just oddly super slow still. Not sure if it's just on my end.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! 🎉 so excited for you!! 💕
 
Anyone else also get an email this morning about setting up an eRaider account?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad