You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UT Rio Grande Valley
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! For the optional essay, are you guys writing about things that you didn’t include in your primary? Like I could answer this question but I think my other impactful experiences essay covers this question thoroughly
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you apply Early Decision?hi everyone! i just received an acceptance from utrgv!! super grateful. i am from the valley
D
deleted1185078
Has anyone heard anything about more II? (not ED program)
Congratulations! Weird thing to hear, because I thought according to TMDSAS they can't send acceptance offers until the 15th? Deadlines & Important Dateshi everyone! i just received an acceptance from utrgv!! super grateful. i am from the valley
My friend also got an acceptance offer recently, which had them sign a contingency form. He did not apply early decision. Is this allowed this early? @wysdoc
ED applicants get interviewed fairly early and must be given a decision by October 1.Congratulations! Weird thing to hear, because I thought according to TMDSAS they can't send acceptance offers until the 15th? Deadlines & Important Dates
My friend also got an acceptance offer recently, which had them sign a contingency form. He did not apply early decision. Is this allowed this early? @wysdoc
The first year UTRGV offered ED, they gave everyone their decision by the first week of August. I thought this was great because if they are turned down ED they are then allowed to apply to the other TMDSAS schools. Subsequent years UTRGV has been releasing their ED decisions in October, sometimes as late as the 10th or 11th.

For med school, you can apply ED to one school only and it is binding if you are accepted.
I don’t know your friend’s circumstances so I can’t comment on third hand information. 🤐
Regular decision applicants to MD schools: first offer day is October 15.
Regular decision applicants to DO schools: can hear as soon as 2-4 weeks after their interview.
(The 2 DO schools on TMDSAS are not included in this rolling timeline because they adhere to TMDSAS timetable.)
Last edited:
I didn't know that ED schools can send an acceptance as early as August, that's definitely great so that you can have a chance to apply elsewhere! But yes, my friend 1000% did not apply ED, he applied regularly through TMDSAS and recently interviewed with Baylor a week or two prior.ED applicants get interviewed fairly early and must be given a decision by October 1.
The first year UTRGV offered ED, they gave everyone their decision by the first week of August. I thought this was great because if they are turned down ED they are then allowed to apply to the other TMDSAS schools.
For med school, you can apply ED to one school only and it is binding if you are accepted.
I don’t know your friend’s circumstances so I can’t comment on third hand information. 🤐
Regular decision applicants to MD schools: first offer day is October 15.
Regular decision applicants to DO schools: can hear as soon as 2-4 weeks after their interview.
The 2 DO schools on TMDSAS are not included in this rolling timeline.
Theoretically speaking, would UTRGV be breaking the rules here if they were to send an acceptance and contingency form this early to a non-ED applicant?
Again, not going to speculate on what offer your friend did or didn't get, sorry.I didn't know that ED schools can send an acceptance as early as August, that's definitely great so that you can have a chance to apply elsewhere! But yes, my friend 1000% did not apply ED, he applied regularly through TMDSAS and recently interviewed with Baylor a week or two prior.
Theoretically speaking, would UTRGV be breaking the rules here if they were to send an acceptance and contingency form this early to a non-ED applicant?
1000% LOL
LOL I just wanna know because if schools sending Acceptances earlier than Oct 15th is actually a common occurrence then I would start getting excited for some of the schools I interviewed and did well on 😂Again, not going to speculate on what offer your friend did or didn't get, sorry.
1000% LOL
Not for non-ED.LOL I just wanna know because if schools sending Acceptances earlier than Oct 15th is actually a common occurrence then I would start getting excited for some of the schools I interviewed and did well on 😂
I know of someone who was notified earlier than Oct 15th at a big name school where they start rejecting interviewed candidates quickly in last cycle but only by a week. Official letter came only after 15th.
Yeah, this was my hunch as well.Not for non-ED.
I know of someone who was notified earlier than Oct 15th at a big name school where they start rejecting interviewed candidates quickly in last cycle but only by a week. Official letter came only after 15th.
Wishing your friend a huge congratulations, but wow...wasn't aware non-ED offers could be sent before Oct 15th. Feeling a bit bummed out now, especially having been fortunate to have interviewed on their very first day. Hoping I wasn't passed over, but only time will tell.I didn't know that ED schools can send an acceptance as early as August, that's definitely great so that you can have a chance to apply elsewhere! But yes, my friend 1000% did not apply ED, he applied regularly through TMDSAS and recently interviewed with Baylor a week or two prior.
Theoretically speaking, would UTRGV be breaking the rules here if they were to send an acceptance and contingency form this early to a non-ED applicant?
Non-ED offers do not go out until October 15 so there must be some missing detail we don’t know about this reported offerWishing your friend a huge congratulations, but wow...wasn't aware non-ED offers could be sent before Oct 15th. Feeling a bit bummed out now, especially having been fortunate to have interviewed on their very first day. Hoping I wasn't passed over, but only time will tell.
From what I am gathering, this is an exception not the rule. Me and him were both sketched out by how early the offer was. He literally has another interview this Friday to prepare for as well haha.Wishing your friend a huge congratulations, but wow...wasn't aware non-ED offers could be sent before Oct 15th. Feeling a bit bummed out now, especially having been fortunate to have interviewed on their very first day. Hoping I wasn't passed over, but only time will tell.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes i did. sorry for the late response. I will say I was not expecting a decision until october, because even on interview day they said ED would not be informed until Oct.15th. So I don't really know what happened lolDid you apply Early Decision?
I think it’s great they let you know sooner - congratulations!yes i did. sorry for the late response. I will say I was not expecting a decision until october, because even on interview day they said ED would not be informed until Oct.15th. So I don't really know what happened lol
+1 IS II ORM LM 77 Submitted 8/29
+1 IS II, Submitted 6/20, looks like they re-review early!
Hanako-kun
Full Member
+1 IS II ORM LM 77 Submitted 8/29
Wow that turnaround, they love you!!
D
deleted1177773
OOS II complete 6/25!! So excired
I have very strong city ties, so to speak.Wow that turnaround, they love you!!
Hanako-kun
Full Member
I have very strong city ties, so to speak.
Good for you! Hope you get to stay close to fam and serve ur community! If only my city also love me as much [emoji28]
Hanako-kun
Full Member
Good for you! Hope you get to stay close to fam and serve ur community! If only my city also love me as much [emoji28]
Wow I jinxed myself! I just got II from my hometown’s school!! [emoji3526]
shmockles18
Full Member
II IS today 🙂 complete 06/30 lM 77. No ties
Congrats! Can you share when your application was considered complete?II IS today! No ties + LM 76
IS II received on 9/13! LM 75, no ties, complete 7/23
D
deleted1177773
Anyone interviewing this week get more info?
D
deleted1185078
What dates are available for interviews?
albatross234
Full Member
Im interviewing on Friday and have not gotten anything besides the initial email confirmation for my inperson interview date. Gonna call them tomorrowAnyone interviewing this week get more info?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not that this matters so much but I spoke with an admissions advisor who let me know the secondary is no longer invite only. Just thought I’d give a heads up as the website still states it’s invite only
D
deleted1177773
Anyone who interviewed already, do you have any advice?
The group interview is in person and the individual will be online later.For those who interviewed, how much time is given from II to the first group interview? & from the group interview to individual?
thank you! I’m just wondering how later? Like a couple days or weeks after the group interview?The group interview is in person and the individual will be online later.
You sign up for it yourself, I think the earliest dates were the next Tuesday/Thursday following the group portion.thank you! I’m just wondering how later? Like a couple days or weeks after the group interview?
They will have you schedule it after your in-person interview day. They will try to have both interviewers call you the same morning or afternoon.thank you! I’m just wondering how later? Like a couple days or weeks after the group interview?
If you are a no-show for the in-person component, you will not get the two remote interviews.
stoichiometry17
Full Member
II IS today, no ties. There seems to be no available interview slots for the next few months. Does anyone know how long it takes for new slots to open up?
Email them & ask for more datesII IS today, no ties. There seems to be no available interview slots for the next few months. Does anyone know how long it takes for new slots to open up?
The first part of the interview is an in person group interview, so that’s why they fill up fast. They give you 45 days to choose a date though, because of the in person factor I’m sure. So they should open up more soon.II IS today, no ties. There seems to be no available interview slots for the next few months. Does anyone know how long it takes for new slots to open up?
MedMaverickX
Full Member
Does anyone know if the school will store any luggage or bags we have with us if we’re coming form out of town? I’ve heard of schools doing this for in person visits. It would save me money if I can drive straight to the airport after. I definitely don’t want to do this if it will make me stand out negatively. I’d rather cough up the 25 bucks lol.
Last edited:
It’s common and won’t be a problem / just don’t forget where to go get itDoes anyone know if the school will store any luggage or bags we have with us if we’re coming form out of town? I’ve heard of schools doing this for in person visits. It would save me money if I can drive straight to the airport after. I definitely don’t want to do this if it will make me stand out negatively. I’d rather caught up the 25 bucks lol.
There is an interview tab that pops up on the left hand side that has the info in the portalHow do I find the interview dates? The link in the invite email is invalid, but I think it's just a link to the applicant portal? When I log into the applicant portal (where I submitted secondaries), I'm not sure where to find the interview information.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ED applicants:
We have heard from one ED applicant so far on our thread, if anyone else applied ED I would like to hear how it worked out for you & when you got your decision. Should happen by Oct 1.
I’m willing to hear via DM if you don’t want to post here.
Thanks! wysdoc
We have heard from one ED applicant so far on our thread, if anyone else applied ED I would like to hear how it worked out for you & when you got your decision. Should happen by Oct 1.
I’m willing to hear via DM if you don’t want to post here.
Thanks! wysdoc
Is UTRGV the only Tx school with ED? i havent heard of ED results from any other TMDSAS forum.ED applicants:
We have heard from one ED applicant so far on our thread, if anyone else applied ED I would like to hear how it worked out for you & when you got your decision. Should happen by Oct 1.
I’m willing to hear via DM if you don’t want to post here.
Thanks! wysdoc
There are only 2 other schools where you can apply ED (Early Decision):Is UTRGV the only Tx school with ED? i havent heard of ED results from any other TMDSAS forum.Texas Tech Lubbock has ED option for Texans only
Texas Tech Lubbock has ED option for Texans only.
UNTHSC/TCOM has ED option for IS or OOS applicants.
D
deleted1167053
Hey everyone! I’m a current MS1 at UTRGV so if those that are interested/are going to UTRGV feel free to reach out with any questions!
D
deleted1177773
How has it been going so far? Do you personally attend class? Any advice for us waiting to hear post-interview?Hey everyone! I’m a current MS1 at UTRGV so if those that are interested/are going to UTRGV feel free to reach out with any questions!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 652
- Views
- 166K