2023-2024 UT Rio Grande Valley

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Couple of questions
1. For the group interview is a suit too much?
2. Also, how should I prepare for the group one? Have no idea what to expect there
3. For the zoom interviews, do they give a specific time for them or is it a be ready all day kind of thing? I'll be in a work conference out of town for the 2 dates I can pick from so I wanted to see how I can arrange that to work
 
Couple of questions
1. For the group interview is a suit too much?
2. Also, how should I prepare for the group one? Have no idea what to expect there
3. For the zoom interviews, do they give a specific time for them or is it a be ready all day kind of thing? I'll be in a work conference out of town for the 2 dates I can pick from so I wanted to see how I can arrange that to work
You should wear a suit for the group interview.
There's not much you can do to prepare for the group interview.
zoom interview is a specific time. two 30-minute interviews. there is no interview day.
 
Has anyone who finished all the interview components by early October heard anything regarding pre-match? Essentially has there been any rounds of pre-matches in the last couple of weeks?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who finished all the interview components by early October heard anything regarding pre-match? Essentially has there been any rounds of pre-matches in the last couple of weeks?
I've only seen people share pre-match news here on 10/16 and 10/20.
 
I’m regards to transcripts. Do we have to send them directly to the school or do I have to send them to TMDSAS?
 
Does anyone know how often UTRGV sends out acceptances or what day of the week they typically update applicants? Is it by phone or email? Has anyone from interview dates mid-october received anything yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long before the zoom interview day will the link appear on my portal? I scheduled it for Thursday and got a confirmation email so just wondering when that tab appears
 
Do they accept update letters or letters of intent? Have any OOS students received anything R,A, or waitlist since interviewing?
 
A today 11/10! I am wondering if signing the contingency form is binding? The wording of the offer seemed like an acceptance and didn’t say prematch, and it said signing the form confirms and holds your seat. Does this mean I can’t go through the match if I accept?
 
A today 11/10! I am wondering if signing the contingency form is binding? The wording of the offer seemed like an acceptance and didn’t say prematch, and it said signing the form confirms and holds your seat. Does this mean I can’t go through the match if I accept?
Nothing is final until Match.
You can accept any and all pre-match offers and rank them for Match Day.
If you only have had one interview, you still have to rank it #1 for Match.
 
@wysdoc is it worth reaching out to the school if I havent heard anything in 4 weeks? How long could it take as an OOS to hear back?
 
@wysdoc is it worth reaching out to the school if I havent heard anything in 4 weeks? How long could it take as an OOS to hear back?
It might be a bit more of a wait. UTRGV has sent out very few offers so far this year and I think it’s most likely you will hear something in February nearer our Match Day. Keep us in the loop if you hear sooner!
 
A today 11/10! I am wondering if signing the contingency form is binding? The wording of the offer seemed like an acceptance and didn’t say prematch, and it said signing the form confirms and holds your seat. Does this mean I can’t go through the match if I accept?
Congratulations! 🙂 Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?
 
It might be a bit more of a wait. UTRGV has sent out very few offers so far this year and I think it’s most likely you will hear something in February nearer our Match Day. Keep us in the loop if you hear sooner!
do you know where i could find the number of OOS acceptances so far? I interviewed 10/20 and had my 1-on-1s on 10/26 and they said we'd hear back after Thanksgiving - super nervous
 
do you know where i could find the number of OOS acceptances so far? I interviewed 10/20 and had my 1-on-1s on 10/26 and they said we'd hear back after Thanksgiving - super nervous
Hey just wanted to wish you the best of luck and that you hear from them soon! I prematched here 10/16 but I am in state. Wish I could help with OOS stuff. Let us know when you hear back!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good morning everyone. I wanted to ask if you are able to sign up for the virtual interview as soon as the in-person interview concludes (the same day).
 
Good morning everyone. I wanted to ask if you are able to sign up for the virtual interview as soon as the in-person interview concludes (the same day).
I doubt it, because the in person is from 12-4ish and it seems like they want people to come to the in person before the virtual. But it could still be worth an ask!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad