You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Virginia Tech (Carilion)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1199010
Looks like the last two releases were on Wednesdays so I'm thinking tomorrow possiblyIs today the day ????
drdoodlebob
Full Member
The way I haven't been able to sleep this week because I'm so nervous ... VTC pls let me in!
drdoodlebob
Full Member
+1 OOS A! I'm screaming!!!
Congrats!! They indeed let you in!+1 OOS A! I'm screaming!!!
drdoodlebob
Full Member
They must've seen my SDN post last nightCongrats!! They indeed let you in!
D
deleted1199010
Just got an A! OOS with strong ties 🙂)))
oos A!
athleticdoc
Full Member
expecting an email at this point in the day but vtc call me… you’re my top choice by a mile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
athleticdoc
Full Member
when did you interview?I got a call at 11:40a and my last name starts with B
2/1
when did you interview?
drdoodlebob
Full Member
I got my call at 11:55 and my last name starts with GI got a call at 11:40a and my last name starts with B
GroupMe - Join the group for VTC Class of 2029
Informal group chat to meet accepted applicants to Virginia Tech Carilion Class of 2029! :)
groupme.com
Reposting link for all potential future classmates 🙂
athleticdoc
Full Member
what does your last name start with?OOS A! oh my god im screaming
O!what does your last name start with?
OOS active status email just now, kind of bummed but also expected in a way
future_doctor_29
Full Member
Just got a post-II R. I am devastated :'(. Good luck to you all, this school is really special and awesome. I hope you take full advantage of the outstanding resources at this school, make the most of this awesome community, and become outstanding physicians.
thestruggler3169
New Member
OOS A, got the call this morning at 8:15 before work started. Walked into my clinic crying happy tears :')
thestruggler3169
New Member
For my accepted folks, what does the “intent to matriculate” button mean? Is that a commit to enroll/take me off other waitlists? Just a bit confused by it, since I need to select that to see the deadlines for their other forms.
It’s just to say you want to continue holding your seat and genuinely consider the offer to matriculate. It’s not binding, per AAMC guidelines by April 30th you can only hold one A.For my accepted folks, what does the “intent to matriculate” button mean? Is that a commit to enroll/take me off other waitlists? Just a bit confused by it, since I need to select that to see the deadlines for their other forms.
Anyone in active-status/VG4 planning to go to the Open House on April 8th? Trying to figure out who the event is directed at. This is my top choice but I don't want to go if it's more for prospective students for next cycle.
drdoodlebob
Full Member
Are there any current students here that would be willing to answer some questions for me? I'm trying to make a final decision asap but I feel like I have too many unanswered questions to make an informed decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is a FB page for accepted students with current students answering questions. I suggest you post there!Are there any current students here that would be willing to answer some questions for me? I'm trying to make a final decision asap but I feel like I have too many unanswered questions to make an informed decision.
My question exactly I really want to go here but I’m worriedHow bad is having active status? What are the chances of this turning into an A
do you have the link to this? thank youThere is a FB page for accepted students with current students answering questions. I suggest you post there!
Check your email, they sent it out via email when discussing acceptance weekend.do you have the link to this? thank you
PHX campus?does anyone know if we can get the full 2025 match list? i’m looking online and could online find a summary for PHX campus
Got an email that I'm on the active status waitlist.
Does everyone who was in the active-status pool move to the active status waitlist?
Does everyone who was in the active-status pool move to the active status waitlist?
Waitlist
I think it’s either an R or a WLGot an email that I'm on the active status waitlist.
Does everyone who was in the active-status pool move to the active status waitlist?
Well I got an R so can confirm that.I think it’s either an R or a WL
Did people who got WL send a letter of intent/update letter? I was planning to send mine in today since the email we got earlier said they were going to review everyone again in April. Just want to know how hard to kick myself.
You may have posted this in the wrong thread since VTC does not have a PHX campus. Match lists are not publicly available for privacy reasons/ respecting each student's wishes. The live stream on YouTube and social media should have most of the students who entered the match. The 2025 class had a larger number of students take a gap year (e.g., dual degree, research year, etc.).does anyone know if we can get the full 2025 match list? i’m looking online and could online find a summary for PHX campus
I did not send a letter of intent/update letter if that helpsWell I got an R so can confirm that.
Did people who got WL send a letter of intent/update letter? I was planning to send mine in today since the email we got earlier said they were going to review everyone again in April. Just want to know how hard to kick myself.
I also did not send any materialsWell I got an R so can confirm that.
Did people who got WL send a letter of intent/update letter? I was planning to send mine in today since the email we got earlier said they were going to review everyone again in April. Just want to know how hard to kick myself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Match lists are publicly available though? Their website has up to 2024. I'm sure they will update this soonYou may have posted this in the wrong thread since VTC does not have a PHX campus. Match lists are not publicly available for privacy reasons/ respecting each student's wishes. The live stream on YouTube and social media should have most of the students who entered the match. The 2025 class had a larger number of students take a gap year (e.g., dual degree, research year, etc.).
Wow, I just saw that they released student names in 2024. Yes, they will post specialty and matching institutions only (hiding student names) so I stand corrected.Match lists are publicly available though? Their website has up to 2024. I'm sure they will update this soon
Has anyone heard about any scholarship/financial aid info?
Seems to be happening at a lot of schools because of the government atm, but yeah would appreciate some communication about it! They’ve been very communicative in the past so this makes me nervousNope
no shade but how are we supposed to make a choice w no aid info :/
D
deleted1199010
yeah 100% agree, it’s very understandable that it’s taking a little while longer, that’s why I was a bit surprised by the email todaySeems to be happening at a lot of schools because of the government atm, but yeah would appreciate some communication about it! They’ve been very communicative in the past so this makes me nervous