You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 West Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
zoroisthebest
Full Member
+1 OOS II waitlist, is this a soft R?
No, almost everyone gets this message at first. Some will go on to an interview later, after WVU sees more of the pool of applicants to compare and decide.+1 OOS II waitlist, is this a soft R?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS II
biggerb832
Full Member
My interview is in October. WVU was my first II back in mid July.For anyone else who recieved an II, are there sign up times very late? the earliest option it gives me is January
MaxDakota
Full Member
Yeah. I got mine awhile back and the earliest available was in NovemberFor anyone else who recieved an II, are there sign up times very late? the earliest option it gives me is January
jardin5697
Full Member
+1 OOS II waitlist
utexasmedicineman
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
OOS Accepted today
FreyjaNevaeh
Full Member
Congrats, that's huge! Were you ED?OOS Accepted today
Thanks! Yes I was early decisionCongrats, that's huge! Were you ED?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uniqueee
New Member
Medical schools interview so few applicants as it is. I would believe it’s not really common to get off of the waitlist.+1 international II waitlist...is it common to get off the waitlist and actually get a slot?
On the contrary, this school sends almost everyone a "you're on a WL for an interview" email, then selects interviewees later.Medical schools interview so few applicants as it is. I would believe it’s not really common to get off of the waitlist.
Most schools would just send you an acknowledgment of receipt of your application and keep you waiting silently.
All I can say is, it's not a rejection, and all interviewees probably got this WL email first.
uniqueee
New Member
Oh ok, thanks for the insight!On the contrary, this school sends almost everyone a "you're on a WL for an interview" email, then selects interviewees later.
Most schools would just send you an acknowledgment of receipt of your application and keep you waiting silently.
All I can say is, it's not a rejection, and all interviewees probably got this WL email first.
biggerb832
Full Member
Wait are you sure? I never got a WL II email. I just got an II straight.On the contrary, this school sends almost everyone a "you're on a WL for an interview" email, then selects interviewees later.
Most schools would just send you an acknowledgment of receipt of your application and keep you waiting silently.
All I can say is, it's not a rejection, and all interviewees probably got this WL email first.
they must'veWait are you sure? I never got a WL II email. I just got an II straight.
liked you right awaysame here (my ii was mid/late august after mid-july submission, so not like it was one of their super early iis)Wait are you sure? I never got a WL II email. I just got an II straight.
That is very reassuring to hear!! Do you know if most applicants that received this "you're on a WL for an interview" tend to eventually get interviewed? Additionally, any thoughts on how helpful an update letter might be? I do have some significant updates, but I'm not sure how much that would sway them to actually interview me when slots open up, as I'm a Canadian applicant & they seem to heavily prefer ISOn the contrary, this school sends almost everyone a "you're on a WL for an interview" email, then selects interviewees later.
Most schools would just send you an acknowledgment of receipt of your application and keep you waiting silently.
All I can say is, it's not a rejection, and all interviewees probably got this WL email first.
Are you an in state applicant?Wait are you sure? I never got a WL II email. I just got an II straight.
oos neighboring state with some ties to WV. No waitlist, just straight iiAre you an in state applicant?
D
deleted1196277
I got a straight II also as an OOS applicant with no ties. I would say strong mission fit though. Not like I'm drowning in interviews otherwise lolAre you an in state applicant?
biggerb832
Full Member
OOS, weak ties to WV, im not from a bordering state thoughAre you an in state applicant?
biggerb832
Full Member
If you have significant updates, I would personally recommend you send them. I don't believe they heavily favor IS since you saw how many OOS IIs were sent, I think your main thing is that your an international student, so I would send them an update letter just to see if it bolsters your chances. Good luck!That is very reassuring to hear!! Do you know if most applicants that received this "you're on a WL for an interview" tend to eventually get interviewed? Additionally, any thoughts on how helpful an update letter might be? I do have some significant updates, but I'm not sure how much that would sway them to actually interview me when slots open up, as I'm a Canadian applicant & they seem to heavily prefer IS
Thank you, will do!!If you have significant updates, I would personally recommend you send them. I don't believe they heavily favor IS since you saw how many OOS IIs were sent, I think your main thing is that your an international student, so I would send them an update letter just to see if it bolsters your chances. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS R pre II, wasnt WL, good luck everyone!
That70sProphet
Full Member
OOS II received! LM 76, Complete 9/7.
mountainbright
Full Member
OOS II received. LM 69, completed 8/30. Interview scheduled for January
Last edited:
OOS II received 10/01. Completed 09/01. Interview scheduled for February
duckgoesquack
Full Member
Anyone receive an email saying a decision has been made but can’t see anything in the portal
duckgoesquack
Full Member
nvm I see it now OOS WL 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1199420
How tf am I waitlisted lol i literally just interviewed
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
OOS waitlist
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
OOS waitlist 🙁