2025-2026 Hackensack Meridian

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this the standard? Or do some applicants just only get 1?
At the end of my interview they said "just so u know, some applicants get a second interview. It isnt a good thing or a bad thing to get one, and it isnt a good/bad thing to not get a second interview. If u get a second interview, it is usually to either A. evaluate my skills as an interviewer and to see if I got/wrote down everything I needed to, or B. because they didn't get enough info from u and they wanna hear more." I then asked how long after the first interview is it usually before you hear about a possible second interview and she said "idk. thats an admissions question"
 
I got the call for a second interview 2 weeks after my first one
Were the two interviews different styles? Ive had one so far and it was just the most basic interview questions (why medicine, why hmsom, tell me about a time… etc) Barely any conversation and no questions about my application.
 
What does a day to day schedule look like during phase 1?
Class like 8-2ish most days, varies by block. You are nominally required to go, this is variably effective at making people actually go. Small groups usually Monday Wednesday and Friday where you actually have to go. Nothing on weekends.
 
late to the game here, but does the "preliminary review complete" email mean anything?
For the people who have to wait >1 month to get it yeah it means a lot:dead:. But in the context of their actual application cycle it means that you are actually under consideration for an interview now. Your letters and prereqs have finally been verified.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the people who have to wait >1 month to get it yeah it means a lot:dead:. But in the context of their actual application cycle it means that you are actually under consideration for an interview now. Your letters and prereqs have finally been verified.
Oh. Submitted secondary in August
 
I knew it would be a wait after reading previous threads… but it feels so much longer when you’re actually living it 😭 like it’s been a hot sec
 
it looks like I submitted my secondary aug 7 and received the preliminary review complete email today. Idk if that is what you mean by verified or not. I'm old.
 
+1 IS II yesterday!! LM 73.9. Anyone know how long it takes to get the call to schedule the interview? Also, did they use the admissions phone # or are they spam call baiting?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could a current M1 or M2 touch on the mandatory attendance policy, and how its been for them? I have heard that it has gotten more strict in recent years, and I would love to hear more about that experience.
 
+1 IS II yesterday!! LM 73.9. Anyone know how long it takes to get the call to schedule the interview? Also, did they use the admissions phone # or are they spam call baiting?
Hey did you ever end up getting a call, if so do you mind sharing how many days after the email was received and if it was the admissions phone number?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They give u a few dates in a 2 week range from the day they call u. You can do it basically the next available day or wait a bit. I did mine like 1.5 ish weeks after my phone call since I had like 3 other interviews in the interim and wanted to be able to lock in and prep my HMSOM interview