You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1221182
i haven't heard back yet. i interviewed end of september
letsgojets1
Full Member
I know AWS is down (the service that runs the portal) which can explain the delay? I’m not sure thoanyone else hear back today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9_rin
Full Member
looks like we didn't make the cut for the first wave of acceptances 😔. Maybe we will hear back in 2 weeks or soI know AWS is down (the service that runs the portal) which can explain the delay? I’m not sure tho
D
deleted1221182
Do we know for certain that a first wave went out? Only one person reported an A on herelooks like we didn't make the cut for the first wave of acceptances 😔. Maybe we will hear back in 2 weeks or so
9_rin
Full Member
Based on past years the waves happen around 2-3pm so maybe there's a chance idkDo we know for certain that a first wave went out? Only one person reported an A on here
D
deleted1221182
congrats! when did you interview?IS A! email received around noon
9/18!congrats! when did you interview?
listedshield28
New Member
Anybody go to the info session this week know the next wave of acceptances?
letsgojets1
Full Member
Also wondering thisAnybody go to the info session this week know the next wave of acceptances?
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
+IS II 74LM submitted very very early
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II! LM 63 submitted 7/22
Yeah the agony is killing me hahahMAN. This school moves SLOW
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Maybe we will get some decisions today? 😂
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Ikr. Last cycle it looks like they took a two week gap in between decisions as well lolIf they feel like it lol. Seriously though, it seems that they sent out a few decisions two weeks ago and called it a day
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Doesn't seem like itanyone get any news yet?
9_rin
Full Member
hate this chungus adcom (i am very eager to hear back from them and am constantly checking my emails)Doesn't seem like it
9_rin
Full Member
yes they do, you send the email directly to [email protected]Dos anyone know if they accept post II interest/intent letters?
D
deleted1221182
Someone on admit reported an A
notphysicsguy
Full Member
+1 IS A by email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1221182
congrats! when did you interview+1 IS A by email
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Thanks! First week of Octobercongrats! when did you interview
njdevilsfan1
Full Member
IS A by email!
D
deleted1221182
I interviewed end of September and haven't heard anything... This feels like a bad sign :-(
letsgojets1
Full Member
Same 🙁(((I interviewed end of September and haven't heard anything... This feels like a bad sign :-(
9_rin
Full Member
same it's so joever for meI interviewed end of September and haven't heard anything... This feels like a bad sign :-(
Espressolover1
1º: 29 | 2º: 29 | II: 9 | A: 5
Congrats When did you interviewIS A by email!
listedshield28
New Member
+1 IS A, interview early October. First A and I genuinely fell in the love with the school!!!!! Best of luck to all of you! From my neuroticism I went back to previous threads on SDN and sometimes people who interview earlier get acceptances 3-4 weeks later than everyone else, so don't worry & keep the faith!
Those who got in, did you send any post II update or intent letters?+1 IS A, interview early October. First A and I genuinely fell in the love with the school!!!!! Best of luck to all of you! From my neuroticism I went back to previous threads on SDN and sometimes people who interview earlier get acceptances 3-4 weeks later than everyone else, so don't worry & keep the faith!
notphysicsguy
Full Member
I did notThose who got in, did you send any post II update or intent letters?
listedshield28
New Member
Me neither. If it ends up being more than 7 weeks past interview, I would do it. From my impression the school loves formalities like thank you notes and update letters (if they are significant).
Those who got in, did you send any post II update or intent letters?
njdevilsfan1
Full Member
October 3rd!Congrats When did you interview
njdevilsfan1
Full Member
I did not but I did send thank you lettersThose who got in, did you send any post II update or intent letters?
sashaxoxo0132
New Member
Where did you send thank you letters? In the portal or to the individual interviewers?I did not but I did send thank you letters
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
had my interview today and the coordinator who I met with beforehand said to email the admissions office with these to add to your file unless individual interviewers provided their emails. Someone please certainly correct me if this was not the case for you!
Where did you send thank you letters? In the portal or to the individual interviewers?
orange_pumpkin
Full Member
IS Il 10/10 didnt hear anything back today, is this a bad sign?
PurpleWitch
Full Member
If you attended the Admissions Information Session, they said it takes roughly 4-6 weeks to hear back after your interview.IS Il 10/10 didnt hear anything back today, is this a bad sign?
njdevilsfan1
Full Member
sorry for the late reply but I just emailed them to the somadmissions emailWhere did you send thank you letters? In the portal or to the individual interviewers?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K