2025-2026 UTMB (Sealy)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how interviews are distributed? For example, if someone's application was complete earlier than someone else who got an interview, does that mean they are not a strong applicant?
I like to try to squelch this rumor that if somebody gets an interview before you, you have been “passed by”.
I’ll keep trying! Applications are read by various people then discussed at periodic meetings. There is a long time for you to be compared to others and to get your chance, over the next 6 months.
 
I like to try to squelch this rumor that if somebody gets an interview before you, you have been “passed by”.
I’ll keep trying! Applications are read by various people then discussed at periodic meetings. There is a long time for you to be compared to others and to get your chance, over the next 6 months.
This is my first cycle (and hopefully last) and I was really concerned about this. Thank you so much for all of your knowledge.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year UTMB sent out (roughly) monthly batches for interview invites. There would be a few days of II then nothing for a while. They can only send out so many at once, so if you haven't heard anything yet, do not panic... plenty of the May/June/July submissions hear back all the way till November. Getting a later one doesn't make you any less desirable. 🙂
 
Last year UTMB sent out (roughly) monthly batches for interview invites. There would be a few days of II then nothing for a while. They can only send out so many at once, so if you haven't heard anything yet, do not panic... plenty of the May/June/July submissions hear back all the way till November. Getting a later one doesn't make you any less desirable. 🙂
thanks for your reassurance!
 
UTMB also changed their practice not to give early acceptances starting in October and wait until all interviews are complete in early December and issue them around Mid to Late December.

So there is advantage for early interviewers in terms of hearing back by mid October.
 
If you get an email that youre complete youre 100% complete right? I know I did the spark hire video but theres no way for me to check if they received it or it uploaded correctly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UTMB also changed their practice not to give early acceptances starting in October and wait until all interviews are complete in early December and issue them around Mid to Late December.

So there is advantage for early interviewers in terms of hearing back by mid October.
I want to confirm I understand what you are saying. Are you saying they will be starting pre-matches in mid-October this year and not waiting until December as they have the past 1 or 2 years?
 
I want to confirm I understand what you are saying. Are you saying they will be starting pre-matches in mid-October this year and not waiting until December as they have the past 1 or 2 years?
I, for one, don't try to predict the future.

In the past 2 years, UTMB has indeed waited until all the interviews were finished before making pre-match offers.
There is a new admissions dean this year who may follow this pattern, or not.

The only certainty is: the earliest date TMDSAS pre-match offers may be made is October 15th, 2025.
 
I, for one, don't try to predict the future.

In the past 2 years, UTMB has indeed waited until all the interviews were finished before making pre-match offers.
There is a new admissions dean this year who may follow this pattern, or not.

The only certainty is: the earliest date TMDSAS pre-match offers may be made is October 15th, 2025.
There is another new dean?!

I did mean they wont issue any admissions until late december based on last two years but wonder what route a new dean will take.
 
anyone have any video advice as in what is the structure of the video? is it just 1 video and how long do i have before it starts recording?
 
It is super quick, like 2 questions. Similar to casper responses, but a little more focused on you! Just take a deep breath and do you best. It's only one component of your application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any here receive a II but no specifics on the time yet? I am assuming they will just send a time a little closer to the actual interview date but I mean it is coming up fast lol
 
I am so frustrated with that video secondary, I have been pushing it off for a week and finally started it. I was glad to see the questions I got because these are questions I normally spent a long time thinking about in general. I took some brief notes and talking points but the excitement got to me. For one of them I blanked on particular words I wanted to use (didn't take notes for this one just looked like I stuttered) and for the second I began to go deep, realized I didn't have time so pivoted. I wanted to talk more deeply and show my thoughts on the question asked and fumbled. Can't help but feel angry with myself.
 
For any doing the orientation this week, is the dress code like interview dress code (suit and tie) or more laid back?
 
For anyone applying MD/PhD, is the spark hire secondary portion different than the MD one; are the questions targeted more towards research, or are they more standard questions?
 
I am so frustrated with that video secondary, I have been pushing it off for a week and finally started it. I was glad to see the questions I got because these are questions I normally spent a long time thinking about in general. I took some brief notes and talking points but the excitement got to me. For one of them I blanked on particular words I wanted to use (didn't take notes for this one just looked like I stuttered) and for the second I began to go deep, realized I didn't have time so pivoted. I wanted to talk more deeply and show my thoughts on the question asked and fumbled. Can't help but feel angry with myself.
The adcoms are not expecting perfection in your responses. All you can do now is move on to the next secondary or stay busy with whatever you’re doing. Many many people feel this way during their cycles and end up getting IIs when they don’t expect them. Give yourself some grace 🙂
 
I've been keeping track of all of the TMDSAS schools. Every school that has started to send out IIs have been doing them in waves, generally a week apart. UTMB is the only one to send out one big wave back on 7/11 (9 IIs reported here on SDN) and then nothing since.
 
I've been keeping track of all of the TMDSAS schools. Every school that has started to send out IIs have been doing them in waves, generally a week apart. UTMB is the only one to send out one big wave back on 7/11 (9 IIs reported here on SDN) and then nothing since.
Last year they were more like monthly
We shall see!
UTRGV is the last one, no II so far
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who attended the orientation this week, do yall remeber what the non situation interview is about? I forgot if she said it just a time to have questions asked or if it is like a normal 1-on-1 interview.
 
For anyone who attended the orientation this week, do yall remeber what the non situation interview is about? I forgot if she said it just a time to have questions asked or if it is like a normal 1-on-1 interview.
There was some info in the first email: "During one of the seven interviews, you will have the opportunity to sell yourself, discuss your interest in JSSOM, and ask questions of our faculty."

They pretty much just repeated it during orientation if I remember correctly