Any NYU updates?

tooth123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post if you have heard back from waitlist, been granted an interview recently or have any updates regarding NYU!

Members don't see this ad.

I think few spots open up but I think there will be many more spots opening after April 1 when the 3500 is due.
Best of Luck

i haven't heard from nyu since i got the email saying "thank you for your interest in nyu" ...i'm hoping that could be a good thing (i applied late sept/early oct)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up yet, folks. It's going to be a big class there. You'll be surprised to receive acceptance letters as more students withdraw without even having had to go through an interview.

Do you mean that without an interview you can be accepted at NYU?

Don't give up yet, folks. It's going to be a big class there. You'll be surprised to receive acceptance letters as more students withdraw without even having had to go through an interview.
That's a ridiculous statement:
"Receiving an acceptance letter without an interview". (NYUCD)
Give me 1 or 2 examples please. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Page 33. (ADEA official guide to dental schools)
For NYU, Is interview mandatory? Answer: YES.

That's a ridiculous statement:
"Receiving an acceptance letter without an interview". (NYUCD)
Give me 1 or 2 examples please. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Page 33. (ADEA official guide to dental schools)
For NYU, Is interview mandatory? Answer: YES.

true that

To all you NYU hopefuls, I just opened up a spot for someone, hope you guys get the letter :thumbup:

bump any news for waitlisted students

I just called. They said that they are no longer conducting interviews.

Final decisions for those have been interviewed in the last few weeks will be made this week & next week.

Waitlist movement will be April 5th and on.

Good luck to everyone! :xf:

I just got an interview invitation yesterday (April 4th)

...can't decide if it is even worth going to (have already been accepted & put deposit down for UCSF)... thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)

...can't decide if it is even worth going to (have already been accepted & put deposit down for UCSF)... thoughts?

only if you're willing to go to nyucd over ucsf. OR if you're living in nyc? worth going if you don't need to spend extra money :)

How did you recieve the invitation? Email/Letter/Phone call?

How did you receive the invitation? Email/Letter/Phone call?

Got in from the waitlist today. Interviewed in October.

Congrats kerdlappol....were you actively calling nyu? when is your deposit due?

Congrats kerdlappol....were you actively calling nyu? when is your deposit due?

Thanks. I called NYU maybe once or twice, but I sent an email to Dr. Meijia and admissions staff maybe once a month. Deposit is due April 22 .

I was wait-listed and I got the call last week:) don't worry they will be calling u guys soon. I interviewed in march so I'm sure u guys will be next. Good luck:xf:

Hey everyone! I also got the call about three weeks ago but I chose to go to BU instead....keep in contact with Dr. Mejia!!! She's amazing!

Hey everyone. I am withdrawing from the school soon. There should be a spot opening up. Goodluck everyone.

Any movement or updates on the waitlist?

New York university is top 30 for undergraduate students. Is the dental school really considered that great of a school? or would attending your state school be a better bet?

Is the dental school really that prestigious? Especially with the $350k+ cost for all four years?

Does anyone know what percentage of students specialize at this university?

With a 232 student class size, wouldn't getting a good class rank be hard? especially since 100 students accepted are very intelligent international students?

..some things to ponder about!!

(I dont mean to bash or praise the school, I'm only inquiring more information)

New York university is top 30 for undergraduate students. Is the dental school really considered that great of a school? or would attending your state school be a better bet?

Is the dental school really that prestigious? Especially with the $350k+ cost for all four years?

Does anyone know what percentage of students specialize at this university?

With a 232 student class size, wouldn't getting a good class rank be hard? especially since 100 students accepted are very intelligent international students?

..some things to ponder about!!

(I dont mean to bash or praise the school, I'm only inquiring more information)

At my interview, we were told that ~20% of the class specializes, but they would like to see more! Despite this, NYU prides itself on graduating students ready for GP because of the diversity and size of their patient population.
Oh, and the graduating class size is >>232. During D2, the internationally-trained dentists join your class...not sure how many, exactly, but I know it's >100

Hope this little bit helps!