Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was not referring to any ties that may or may not have occurred (if they did they lasted for all of two seconds), I was referring to sudden bandwagons in the last 5 minutes of the day
I voted independently for MsP. genny seems to have found the same reasons. Idk about the rest of the last second votes for MsP.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure the vig actually listens this time :oops:

I feel like we just agree that if vig doesn’t listen we Lynch then first in the next game. Speaking of which, we clearly lynched the wrong person today.

What?!?!? Our SDN representative Dubz or some noob imposter? Holy I can't even begin to even.
He left out the part where I made up for that by winning the game. People are so ungrateful sometimes :p

Also I still maintain that a two person vote does not count...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well darn, you caught me ;)
iu

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like we just agree that if vig doesn’t listen we Lynch then first in the next game. Speaking of which, we clearly lynched the wrong person today.
First of all, you basically started that lynxch

Second of all, I feel like there are maybe better ways to deal with this kind of thing

Third of all, your mood just perked up considerably when we started talking about shooting people. Bloodlust noted ;)

Just confused how you saw the votes in time to realize that they were swinging to MsP but not in time to see that one of them was also pulling a vote off of you :shrug:
How is that at all confusing? What would I have even gained from changing my vote to msp when she was the one who got lynched without my vote anyways. Stop throwing shade and just lynch me

How is that at all confusing? What would I have even gained from changing my vote to msp when she was the one who got lynched without my vote anyways. Stop throwing shade and just lynch me
Because they happened at the same time...That's why I was asking. I said it was weird.
Don't know why you're mad about me presenting arguments now when you were mad before about me not being more clear about why I was voting for you. You can't have it both ways.

Was more of a PSA for those who haven’t looked at the first post then an actual question. Some may call it semi rhetorical
It’s a valid question in case the intro post is confusing in any way. I was merely adding a reference point so everyone can do the reading before coming to class with questions.

A title you made up for yourself? ;)

Nah that would be superdevil, superchaos, Mero, he who shall be named over and over again, the moderately dark lord, Navron, Navifer, or the greatest of all time :p

• Haha
So, going back to an earlier comment I made, I think the loyal jailer should probably team up with the vigilante here for N2. Since the jailing's protection won't work on a wolf but will work on a villager, whoever has that role should jail the elected vigilante target.

The shot will go through if it is a wolf, and will fail if it is a villager.

Watcher (either the delayed N2 one or the JOAT) should also watch the target to confirm the shot is taken and the jailing happens.

If someone else gets shot instead, we will assume the vigilante is a wolf.

Watcher will be able to confirm the # of people who acted on the vig target, and should be able to verify who acted when we get to the role claiming stage. If the wrong # of people act on the voted vig target, then we know there is some funny business going on with that.

Thoughts?

I can think of a few ways it might fail, but don't really want to hand wolves ideas by laying all of those out. Regardless, I think it might be the best way to use these roles so that we are pseudo-seering. Vigilante target will get blocked if they are village, but they will be alive. There are only two wolves, so the maximum amount of checks on the system that can fail = two.

People should probably avoid role revealing imo until after tonight though, unless they are going down or there is some kind of paradoxical loop created (i.e. vig would be shooting him/herself, jailer would be jailing him/herself, etc).

I'm going to close at 9:59 instead because SDN is ****ing with me.

You sound an awful lot like you're incredibly frustrated, while I understand how you must be feeling, stop it. This is not good play, village or wolf. If you want a sub, then fine, but just being woe is me isn't helpful. Pick yourself up, we all make mistakes. It's ok, I'm sure no one hates you over it. Everything will be fine, I will send internet hugs and cookies. Now back to the game :)

So, going back to an earlier comment I made, I think the loyal jailer should probably team up with the vigilante here for N2. Since the jailing's protection won't work on a wolf but will work on a villager, whoever has that role should jail the elected vigilante target.

The shot will go through if it is a wolf, and will fail if it is a villager.

Watcher (either the delayed N2 one or the JOAT) should also watch the target to confirm the shot is taken and the jailing happens.

If someone else gets shot instead, we will assume the vigilante is a wolf.

Watcher will be able to confirm the # of people who acted on the vig target, and should be able to verify who acted when we get to the role claiming stage. If the wrong # of people act on the voted vig target, then we know there is some funny business going on with that.

Thoughts?

I can think of a few ways it might fail, but don't really want to hand wolves ideas by laying all of those out. Regardless, I think it might be the best way to use these roles so that we are pseudo-seering. Vigilante target will get blocked if they are village, but they will be alive. There are only two wolves, so the maximum amount of checks on the system that can fail = two.

People should probably avoid role revealing imo until after tonight though, unless they are going down or there is some kind of paradoxical loop created (i.e. vig would be shooting him/herself, jailer would be jailing him/herself, etc).
That honestly sounds like a good idea, which makes me mildly suspicious but ok. My only problem is if one or more of those roles are dead. I don't want people role revealing but I suppose either the jailer is dead and the chosen person is shot (not the end of the world because they were chosen to be shot anyways) or the vig is dead which nothing happens. Or the watcher is dead and one or more of the other two are dead and no one has any bloody idea wtf happened. I think it's a good plan, but it also sounds rather complicated.

Also when are we doing the role reveals? Tomorrow?

Dang, I thought SDN was going to put this game into challenge mode, Doing the true speed WW effect of coming back on 30 min before deadline :p

I'm debating between cubs and ziggy.

Cubs because apparently without pressure they don''t really contribute which I find sketch, and when they do the only I actually get from it is that I'm mean. Ziggy because of yesterday's fiasco. While I find other's mildly perturbing (@mizchiefmanaged you said you'd have more time today I'd love to hear from you) nothing as bad as those two.

For now Lynch Cubs
Shoot Ziggy

That way if Ziggy really is village we can hopefully prove it

I'm debating between cubs and ziggy.

Cubs because apparently without pressure they don''t really contribute which I find sketch, and when they do the only I actually get from it is that I'm mean. Ziggy because of yesterday's fiasco. While I find other's mildly perturbing (@mizchiefmanaged you said you'd have more time today I'd love to hear from you) nothing as bad as those two.

For now Lynch Cubs
Shoot Ziggy

That way if Ziggy really is village we can hopefully prove it

I always aspired to be mildly perturbing. Still in between surgeries, getting this weird thing called a lunch break, haven’t heard of it before. Where is everyone, where are all the slinging of suspicions?

I always aspired to be mildly perturbing. Still in between surgeries, getting this weird thing called a lunch break, haven’t heard of it before. Where is everyone, where are all the slinging of suspicions?
My best assumption is that people saw the potential come back time was 9:30 felt angry and left

• Haha