Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well suddenly all this woe is me crap makes all sorts of sense. You're a sly bastard aren't you zig. I won't unlynch you now cause it's closed but damn girl you're cutthroat

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Official Day 2 Lynch Tally
ziggy (4)
- Pippy, Coop, dubz, ziggy
cubs (1) - genny
dubz () -
Nav (2) - dolphin, miz
genny (1) - cubs
dolphin (1) - Nav

9/9
lynch closed

Last edited:
Well suddenly all this woe is me crap makes all sorts of sense. You're a sly bastard aren't you zig. I won't unlynch you now cause it's closed but damn girl you're cutthroat
the woe is me crap is real. I voted 4th for myself because then no one could hammer, effectively locking it at 3 people on me. I figured there would be more than one person with 2 voted on them that I could switch to, but alas, apparently no one can decide on someone

k nvm whatever it's for the best. bye

the woe is me crap is real. I voted 4th for myself because then no one could hammer, effectively locking it at 3 people on me. I figured there would be more than one person with 2 voted on them that I could switch to, but alas, apparently no one can decide on someone
Oh so you were serious about not wanting to play? I'll put my shoot vote on you then

Shoot ziggy

This post felt a bit of a stretch to me. People often make accusations all the time and they never get responded to unless a wagon is forming or the reasoning seems ridiculous.

Additionally, she also posted like 5ish times in the first 6 pages, including posts made late at night. This does not sit well with the play style I know from her. Most of these 5ish posts have been short answers and one was a straight up vote without any information attached to it at all.

As an aside, I don’t like this Ziggy lynch.
Notice the part where I said Ziggy in particular usually responds to anything directed at her

I said before the game that I would be gone for hours at a time because of the rotation I'm on, which is why I was going to drop out if the lynch cycles were short. I was not here (except for a couple opening game posts) until page 4 and then was busy again. Talk about a stretch, it's not wolfy for me to only post a few times during the day when I literally said before the game began that I would only be able to post a few times during the day.

Ok can you point out some of this sketchiness please? Because she's one of the few I have in my basically village column and I'm not seeing it

This one is strictly a feels/gut thing, it’s hard for me to elucidate. I can try and go back through the points and point out the areas, but I will be real that 85% of it is me going to be reflecting feelings on words, and it’s not going to flow in the manner of my normal arguments when I have full time to analyze the thread. Which sucks, and is letting others down, but I am doing my best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Official Day 2 Lynch Tally
ziggy (4)
- Pippy, Coop, dubz, ziggy
cubs (2) - genny
dubz () -
Nav (2) - dolphin, miz
genny (1) - cubs
dolphin (1) - Nav

9/9
lynch closed

check your votes

also check your clocks

Is this actually correct?

Notice the part where I said Ziggy in particular usually responds to anything directed at her

I said before the game that I would be gone for hours at a time because of the rotation I'm on, which is why I was going to drop out if the lynch cycles were short. I was not here (except for a couple opening game posts) until page 4 and then was busy again. Talk about a stretch, it's not wolfy for me to only post a few times during the day when I literally said before the game began that I would only be able to post a few times during the day.
Except for the fact it was like 9pm eastern and it was still sparse. I am pulling at straws a bit right now and I’m fine admitting that.

That's why I'm asking peeps to check.

I mean... my clock had it before deadline, so I am not sure how to combat you saying it’s not. So I mean I would contest my vote, not that it makes a major difference since mine was(?) the first switch that wasn’t counted

I mean... my clock had it before deadline, so I am not sure how to combat you saying it’s not. So I mean I would contest my vote, not that it makes a major difference since mine was(?) the first switch that wasn’t counted
Well, your clock is wrong and doesn't fit in my reality.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Except for the fact it was like 9pm eastern and it was still sparse. I am pulling at straws a bit right now and I’m fine admitting that.
I mean, if we want to get real personal about it, I fell asleep and woke up around 9:30 or whenever it was that I started posting again :shrug: I'm just not sure why you're so insistent on grasping at these particular straws. There are almost two days of posts to evaluate at this point. I feel like I'm trying when I'm here and it sucks to be told that's not good enough when I literally cannot sit on thread all day long and I was exhausted from a long day. Would rather be evaluated based on my post content and not what time of day I'm posting.

Ironically enough it’s the same clock that saw you get your lylo 3 person vote in only one second before the deadline. And mine was in 10 seconds before
Well, I just went back to check and that can't be true because because the timestamp on that is 8:59. Therefore, I must have gotten it in 5 seconds before yours here.

I mean, if we want to get real personal about it, I fell asleep and woke up around 9:30 or whenever it was that I started posting again :shrug: I'm just not sure why you're so insistent on grasping at these particular straws. There are almost two days of posts to evaluate at this point. I feel like I'm trying when I'm here and it sucks to be told that's not good enough when I literally cannot sit on thread all day long and I was exhausted from a long day. Would rather be evaluated based on my post content and not what time of day I'm posting.
Sorry you feel that way. A large chuck of my post did have to deal with post content and not necessarily time. I know clinics are crazy and I empathize with that.

Well, I just went back to check and that can't be true because because the timestamp on that is 8:59. Therefore, I must have gotten it in 5 seconds before yours here.

I know I am just grumpy that I didn’t get home until 8:30 doing the one aspect of vet med I hate the most. It’s mostly not directed at you, I will be better, In maybe a month...

If people are on board with what I proposed earlier, then if we could get that locked down sooner rather than later, it would probably be helpful since it involves coordination from multiple people

Unfortunately I cannot be that person, I have a final that starts before 7am tomorrow that I am not prepared for. So if it's happening, if someone else could track votes that would be great.

Unfortunately I cannot be that person, I have a final that starts before 7am tomorrow that I am not prepared for. So if it's happening, if someone else could track votes that would be great.
Can you please take a moment to explain why you are voting to shoot me before you go?

I'd like to hear your thoughts, if you don't want to share feel free to use roster numbers and a made up code
I wasn't planning on keeping it to myself, if I'm gonna be shot tonight I want my thoughts out there in case I end up dead

I wasn't planning on keeping it to myself, if I'm gonna be shot tonight I want my thoughts out there in case I end up dead
I figured as much I truly don't understand that vote though. Pip didn't explain and mix admitted to grasping at straws.

Zig is dead though do we want to keep her considerations since she was village?

I figured as much I truly don't understand that vote though. Pip didn't explain and mix admitted to grasping at straws.

Zig is dead though do we want to keep her considerations since she was village?
I mean, I know she was wrong so I would say no, but y'all can do what you want. I'll just be spreading salt either here or in dead chat.

I mean, I know she was wrong so I would say no, but y'all can do what you want. I'll just be spreading salt either here or in dead chat.
But if everything works you won't die. I don't want them to shoot you but I have more of an understanding of what's been going on with you than most people.

Wouldn't mind your own current reads @Coopah. Who do you think cubs' partner is?
My current reads revolve around nav and Miz. Nav did switch to cubs at the last moment so maybe not a pair but I'd like one of them to flip because both be sketch. And mix because all her reads seem half-grown. And she admitted to grasping at straws. I'm honestly not sure because Genny seems ok with her. So that's my immediate focus.

But if everything works you won't die. I don't want them to shoot you but I have more of an understanding of what's been going on than most people.
Yeah that's not my point. Though the "if everything works" is less reassuring when you're the one on the chopping block.

@cubsrule4e why Genny? How do you feel about Ziggy's play today?

The N1 Dina kill, and she tends to vote for me or have people look my way the times she’s been a wolf, presumably because it’s easier to get me lunches than most people, versus defending or completely ignoring me when village.

I thought ziggles was pretty normal, the woe is me or fighting with a certain person is pretty village for her, when she was a wolf she struck me more as trying to take on everyone at once, but without the “I feel attacked” part