Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sounds about right.
It gets wonky if it just so happens that more than one of those roles is a wolf but I think that just makes us unlucky lol

Ohhh now it makes sense, hence the "if youre village nothing to be worried about." Well if that was foolproof Id even vote for myself, but it sounds like theres no guarantees.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
And they've both apparently had pretty **** days. Hopefully more tomorrow
We all have **** days, wolves and villagers alike.
That's why I try to just look at content that exists and ignore all else.

Honestly the two days in a row of emotional appeals from nav are freaking me out a little. And genny made similar work-related posts while wolfing last game, so that's NAI at best (can't remember if she tends to do that while villaging).

Reactions: 1 user
We all have **** days, wolves and villagers alike.
That's why I try to just look at content that exists and ignore all else.

Honestly the two days in a row of emotional appeals from nav are freaking me out a little. And genny made similar work-related posts while wolfing last game, so that's NAI at best (can't remember if she tends to do that while villaging).

Emotional appeals?

Fwiw I went with cubs over miz because miz presenting her arguments as just as stretchy and thin as they really are got her a village point, though she's still up there on my list and I would like to hear something more solid from her going forward

Members don't see this ad :)
@Coopah since you’re her PM buddy did you know how Genny was leaning on a vig vote? I’d rather have everybody voting now so no one can claim any funny business tmrw. But if you don’t know that’s cool too.

Emotional appeals?
Woah where'd you come from

That's how I read some of your posts anyway. There was one in particular today that struck me as a little odd, can't remember what it was now. Idk, just seemed like a lot of trying to garner sympathy.

Emotional appeals?
You came out of the shadows without a tag, were you lurking? Or perhaps you were in wolf chat deciding how to respond and then chose to come ask a question at this precise moment. Does it mean something????

(Also so this is clear, I am 100% very tired and this is 99% sarcasm)

I was referencing the set up of protecting the vig target if village that was discussed above. Like, that scenario would be how that plan fails
Yes, that is the risk, I was just saying that risk is inherent any time a vig takes a shot

who to shoot? tally
Dolphin - 1- Nav
Cubs - 4 - coopah, dubz, dolphin, Genny
Dubz - 2 - Pippy, miz
Genny - 1 - cubs

8/8

Woah where'd you come from

That's how I read some of your posts anyway. There was one in particular today that struck me as a little odd, can't remember what it was now. Idk, just seemed like a lot of trying to garner sympathy.
I am going in and out if sleep in a bath, i am here and then not lol.

There’s disappointment in my own gameplay if you are referring to that which isn’t meant to garner sympathy. And I will be frustrated about being forced to do something for a month that I will never have to do again, which... I am going to censor myself for those who actually enjoy surgery, but to me it is my antithesis of being/becoming a vet. And yes I was probably especially pissed that this is the latest that it has ever gotten out, period. But that’s not sympathy, that’s frustration, and me putting it on the thread is letting you all know where I am so it’s not “man, Navi has not talked all day, what happened to him.”

Doesn’t make me any more or less a wolf or any more or less a villager. Just makes me busy.

who to shoot? tally
Dolphin - 1- Nav
Cubs - 4 - coopah, dubz, dolphin, Genny
Dubz - 2 - Pippy, miz
Genny - 1 - cubs

8/8
Okay watcher, jailer, vig, important people the masses have spoken and I don’t want to see one comment tomorrow about how this was confusing or I didn’t see a tally or any other BS reason for why you didn’t do what the plan was, because I stayed up to keep it organized and what not. Thank you. :love:

Thats a **** ton of mechanics that have to all be properly aligned to be useful
Hi, just checking in to see if there was an update and saw this.

Yes. It does require coordination to work, which I pointed out this morning. Hopefully, people are not voting assuming it works, but if it actually does, it will hard clear a villager or kill a wolf.

If it DOESN'T work, then it is still not a bad thing, because the village got to vote on a candidate anyways, and beyond that, it will be relatively easy to tell which roles are not playing by the rules of the agreement, as we have multiple watcher/tracker mechanisms in the game and it would be literally impossible for vig, loyal jailer, and both watchers to all be wolves.

On that note -- blocker, regular jailer, babysitter, and bus driver should probably hold off from acting tonight. Bus driver is particularly problematic due to the # of potentially coordinated roles.

Well then I guess I'll see yall on the flip side, cause Im not lucky enough for all those roles to be the correct affiliation. :nono:
You are awfully worried about something that has multiple failsafes, and this is not any worse than you just getting shot because someone feels like it and decides to go rogue.

Hi, just checking in to see if there was an update and saw this.

Yes. It does require coordination to work, which I pointed out this morning. Hopefully, people are not voting assuming it works, but if it actually does, it will hard clear a villager or kill a wolf.

If it DOESN'T work, then it is still not a bad thing, because the village got to vote on a candidate anyways, and beyond that, it will be relatively easy to tell which roles are not playing by the rules of the agreement, as we have multiple watcher/tracker mechanisms in the game and it would be literally impossible for vig, loyal jailer, and both watchers to all be wolves.

On that note -- blocker, regular jailer, babysitter, and bus driver should probably hold off from acting tonight. Bus driver is particularly problematic due to the # of potentially coordinated roles.

So since ill probably die, is it worth it to give you guys my role for use later or just take that to the grave as non essential info at this point?

Well then I guess I'll see yall on the flip side, cause Im not lucky enough for all those roles to be the correct affiliation. :nono:
Cool you’ve been up s***ing on the plan when you could’ve offered alternate ideas, or offered up why you want to shoot Genny of all choices but you didn’t so idk why this is the end message you go with...

• Wow
While I love your check in @PippyPony wouldve been cool for you to explain your vig vote like you said you would earlier...but that’s cool I guess. :smack:

So since ill probably die, is it worth it to give you guys my role for use later or just take that to the grave as non essential info at this point?
Based on this comment alone, I am happy you won this vote.

The ones who should be the most worried about this are wolves, so speaking with certainty that this will end up with your death is not a good look for you at the moment.

lol where the hell did I **** on the plan?
Literally your last several comments have been questioning the validity when it’s been out there all day but you chose now when not everyone is awake to be on the thread to ask how full proof or that’s a lot of things to go wrong and just your overall attitude about it.

I suppose that depends on the role and I am generally not pleased with how you're acting. All info is essential so if lean yes but I don't know what you are so up to you I guess. Hopefully see you tomorrow

Literally your last several comments have been questioning the validity when it’s been out there all day but you chose now when not everyone is awake to be on the thread to ask how full proof or that’s a lot of things to go wrong and just your overall attitude about it.

Im not questioning the validity, I just didnt understand earlier how many moving parts there actually were until you typed it out again earlier and I was just going through the scenarios of what could happen. Sorry I seem to have annoyed you.

While I love your check in @PippyPony wouldve been cool for you to explain your vig vote like you said you would earlier...but that’s cool I guess. :smack:
Combo of
- process of elimination on my reads (have a lot of people in village right now, she is not one of them)
- dichotomy with Ziggy (would have swapped shooting vote if Ziggy had flipped wolf)
- resistance/anxiety over the idea of being shot (see above with my comment to Cubs)
- some tinfoily stuff about the super saint role (ziggy was kind of telegraphing that at the end, felt like dubz might have been trying to drive some votes there tbh)
- feeling of her sheeping my votes, disconcerting that she has me more on the village side of things after putting me in forever-neutral all last game, pocketing concerns
- best way of dealing with a frequent tunnel is to do something that either gets rid of them or clears them beyond shadow of a doubt lol

Sorry that is not more in depth, I am still attempting to get 1-2 hours of sleep tonight so that is all I've got for you right now.

Im not questioning the validity, I just didnt understand earlier how many moving parts there actually were until you typed it out again earlier and I was just going through the scenarios of what could happen. Sorry I seem to have annoyed you.
And that’s fine but you’re also in the position of being shot at the moment so it paints your questions and reactions a different way. I’m not annoyed at all, no need to apologize. I just figured if you were village in this situation and you don’t want it wasted on you, you’d be more fiesty or up in arms, at least voting for someone else that’s not just a single vote.

I will reiterate that I think there is the possibility that there are more checks in place than you are anticipating, and if they fail and you die, then there is still a high likelihood of catching a wolf with it. If you were going to die anyways, then better to die for a cause than to die for nada.

Combo of
- process of elimination on my reads (have a lot of people in village right now, she is not one of them)
- dichotomy with Ziggy (would have swapped shooting vote if Ziggy had flipped wolf)
- resistance/anxiety over the idea of being shot (see above with my comment to Cubs)
- some tinfoily stuff about the super saint role (ziggy was kind of telegraphing that at the end, felt like dubz might have been trying to drive some votes there tbh)
- feeling of her sheeping my votes, disconcerting that she has me more on the village side of things after putting me in forever-neutral all last game, pocketing concerns
- best way of dealing with a frequent tunnel is to do something that either gets rid of them or clears them beyond shadow of a doubt lol

Sorry that is not more in depth, I am still attempting to get 1-2 hours of sleep tonight so that is all I've got for you right now.
Uhm no that’s actually pretty in depth at least to sleep deprived me it is. Definitely not trying to deny others sleep, just thought I’d try and see if you had time, so please sleep.

And that’s fine but you’re also in the position of being shot at the moment so it paints your questions and reactions a different way. I’m not annoyed at all, no need to apologize. I just figured if you were village in this situation and you don’t want it wasted on you, you’d be more fiesty or up in arms, at least voting for someone else that’s not just a single vote.
If he is village & things work then it is absolutely not a waste -- it is the most solid seering in the game.

Well which is it? To you im not up in arms enough and to pippy and coop im overly worried about it. Im still trying to learn how the game WW itself works these days always seeing new mechanics, in addition to actually learning how to play it, thus my comments trying to evaluate all the ways it could play out.

Well which is it? To you im not up in arms enough and to pippy and coop im overly worried about it. Im still trying to learn how the game WW itself works these days always seeing new mechanics, in addition to actually learning how to play it, thus my comments trying to evaluate all the ways it could play out.
Not up in arms about the idea itself, that doesn’t look good at all. I’m saying when I asked you about Genny earlier you gave me a jokey response and if you were actually trying to game solve I feel like you’d give something better than that.

If he is village & things work then it is absolutely not a waste -- it is the most solid seering in the game.
No, no I get that, I just meant in his viewpoint of there not being enough luck for it to work correctly I would personally try to village better not try and just say hey idk about this idea anymore. But that’s just me.

I will repeat this though -- Blocker and Bus Driver should not act.

If someone important to the process gets blocked, or people get swapped around, then we will know a wolf has that role.

I don't see you volunteering ;)

This makes zero sense pip. You voted to shoot me long before Ziggy said anything about being super saint, and I am not sure how she was telegraphing anything.

You do realize you voted after me yesterday, right?

Last game you confused my neutral zone for wolfy. This time you confuse it for village. I just can't win with you, I should accept that lol
Like you wouldn't find a way to keep tunneling me anyway if your feelings disagreed with the outcome :p