Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We're revealing one time use things that lead to pretty strong clears. If you are not in that category, then no.
Okay I was the vig and shot cubs like discussed since he didn’t die, that would clear him as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay since we are doing this, cubs, was your action blocked last night?

Do you have a means of fully clearing pippy? (I won’t go down the rabbit hole of discussing yourself)
I had Pippy as strong village but I can go back down that rabbit hole if necessary. I had thoughts yesterday of either Pippy or coop being a wolf and since coop flipped makes me feel better about Pippy.

Lol ok.

As an FYI, suddenly tossing shade at me when they were going down was also a popular tactic with the wolves last game haha.
It is you or dolphin. You two are the only ones not covered by coopah’s suspicions or actions (if we believe WZ). I really doubt that Coopah not under any suspicion at all would bus the only other wolf in the entire game. In a larger game, absolutely. With like 10 players, no. I’m reasonably certain it’s one of you two.

Official Day 3 Lynch Tally
genny () -
Pippy (1) - miz

1/7
lynch close in ~6 hours

Lol

Remember that time when I said I would be mad if you went off script again?

I'm less mad than anticipated.

But also, I am mildly offended that you think I'm oblivious enough not to pick up on you waving your free spirit around on the thread like a hippie ribbon dancer in dolores park lol
I figured you would pick up on it, was hoping others wouldn't so I wouldn't get blocked or killed lol
Was also why I was mad about potentially being the shot target, I didn't want to be jailed on the one night I could use my ability

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
*****unlynch Pip lynch dolphin***** if I’m understanding that super subtle conversation correctly.

Mechanistically I get how some people are completely cleared. I get that game play is less cleaning than mechanism. However, based on gameplay, If I’m a wolf I’m the stupidest ****ing wolf ever. I expressed my disinterest in the ziggy bandwagon day 1, going for MsP. When I went under fire, I switched to ziggy briefly and then back to MsP when I found her sketchier. They both wound up being village. There is NO conceivable reason that I as a wolf would cause that much of a stink about choosing to lynch one villager over another. It’s asinine.

I have no earthly clue why in the wolf WZ chose to swap night actions when it could have completely destroyed the planning you guys did yesterday. I’ve spent the last half hour trying to wrap my head around that one. @WildZoo why did you choose to do that?

Genny is cleared, regardless of whether or not WZ is telling the truth since there’s only one wolf.

Cubs is cleared for similar reasons, whether or not dolphin actually is a wolf or not. Her vig claim does not clear her one way or another.

Nav is soft cleared to me because he was next on Coopah’s list. In my mind I’m also soft cleared for those reasons but it’s not a mechanistic clearing, it’s circumstantial.

Edited for clarity.

*****unlynch Pip lynch dolphin***** if I’m understanding that super subtle conversation correctly.

Mechanistically I get how some people are completely cleared. I get that game play is less cleaning than mechanism. However, based on gameplay, If I’m a wolf I’m the stupidest ****ing wolf ever. I expressed my disinterest in the ziggy bandwagon day 1, going for MsP. When I went under fire, I switched to ziggy briefly and then back to MsP when I found her sketchier. They both wound up being village. There is NO conceivable reason that I as a wolf would cause that much of a stink about choosing to lynch one villager over another. It’s asinine.

I have no earthly clue why in the wolf WZ chose to swap night actions when it could have completely destroyed the planning you guys did yesterday. I’ve spent the last half hour trying to wrap my head around that one. @WildZoo why did you choose to do that?

Genny is cleared, regardless of whether or not WZ is telling the truth since there’s only one wolf.

Cubs is cleared for similar reasons, whether or not dolphin actually is a wolf or not. Her vig claim does not clear her one way or another.

Nav is soft cleared to me because he was next on Coopah’s list. In my mind I’m also soft cleared for those reasons but it’s not a mechanistic clearing, it’s circumstantial.

Edited for clarity.
There was very little chance of it messing with the plans last night, unless I happened to swap the kill target with the jailer or something. I like to use my abilities when I have them.

My current theory is that bus driver redirected coopah onto themself. Because vig going rogue could lead to them getting wrongly lynched if village. And no one on thread had indicated suspicions of coopah being a wolf
That's not how bus driver works silly. It's not redirection. I thought you designed this game?

Anyway, the reason it probably looks odd based on reads is I was expecting the opposite result.

Then the bus driver is someone who really isn’t paying attention or submitted their night action early and peaced out.
I'm confused why you're so mad about something that netted a wolf

She also pushed you decently hard so I’m backing off you today.
Did she though?

Double check, it was also me. She listed you, Nav, me.
Coop's not stupid. Well within her abilities t mention her wolf partner as sketch while not actually voting for them or really putting them in danger.

These are the two I found on quick scan, @cubsrule4e
Those look pretty hedgey to me

It is you or dolphin. You two are the only ones not covered by coopah’s suspicions or actions (if we believe WZ). I really doubt that Coopah not under any suspicion at all would bus the only other wolf in the entire game. In a larger game, absolutely. With like 10 players, no. I’m reasonably certain it’s one of you two.
Mentioning as sketchy =/= bussing
I agree the wolf pair was unlikely to really be pushing each other, but complete ignoring is also unlikely imo

Edited for clarity.
Again, why are you so mad about something that netted a wolf?

So cubs is mechanistically cleared. Genny is mechanistically cleared. Period on both of those, as they are based on other people’s vouches, not their own.

Pippy is 99% village unless they are lying about their claim, which I hope someone would call out (I need to go back to the order of reveals thus far today to see the chances pippy is pulling something, but at this moment, I find it very highly unlikely)

This leaves 4 people: me, Miz, dubz, and dolphin. Dubz gets at least a one day reprieve for messing with the actions that resulted in a wolf death. Let me be very clear, she is not cleared. Very unlikely wolf, sure. But I have seen people do weirder/stronger/more detrimental night busses that resulted in them skating to the finish line.

I cannot compute Miz’s reactions on thread with that of a wolf. The f this ****e I am our mentality has come off as pissed off/frustrated villager. Sure I may eat my hat on this one, but I strongly doubt it’s them.

Which leaves me with dolphin. Dolphin did follow what we told them to do on thread. There are no village points for that. They were told on thread to shoot a villager, which may or may not end up being protected if jailer was alive. Jailer was alive, so the plan worked, but dolphin does not earn those brownie points. I honestly don’t see how it’s not dolphin at this point.

*********lynch dolphin********

Dubz gets at least a one day reprieve for messing with the actions that resulted in a wolf death. Let me be very clear, she is not cleared. Very unlikely wolf, sure. But I have seen people do weirder/stronger/more detrimental night busses that resulted in them skating to the finish line.
You are hilarious sometimes

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Actually, I need to backtrack a little, I double checked roles, there was a JOAT without loyal who could’ve jailed last night regardless of affiliation overlap. Which makes pippy less cleared than 99% but more than anyone on my bottom 3

Actually, I need to backtrack a little, I double checked roles, there was a JOAT without loyal who could’ve jailed last night regardless of affiliation overlap. Which makes pippy less cleared than 99% but more than anyone on my bottom 3
Wait, who designed this game again?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Wait, who designed this game again?

You act like this game design is at the forefront of my memory. It all melds together. If I was actively modding it I would have a better grasp.

I know you think my brain functions like a computer, unfortunately it doesn’t with everything.

So cubs is mechanistically cleared. Genny is mechanistically cleared. Period on both of those, as they are based on other people’s vouches, not their own.

Pippy is 99% village unless they are lying about their claim, which I hope someone would call out (I need to go back to the order of reveals thus far today to see the chances pippy is pulling something, but at this moment, I find it very highly unlikely)

This leaves 4 people: me, Miz, dubz, and dolphin. Dubz gets at least a one day reprieve for messing with the actions that resulted in a wolf death. Let me be very clear, she is not cleared. Very unlikely wolf, sure. But I have seen people do weirder/stronger/more detrimental night busses that resulted in them skating to the finish line.

I cannot compute Miz’s reactions on thread with that of a wolf. The f this ****e I am our mentality has come off as pissed off/frustrated villager. Sure I may eat my hat on this one, but I strongly doubt it’s them.

Which leaves me with dolphin. Dolphin did follow what we told them to do on thread. There are no village points for that. They were told on thread to shoot a villager, which may or may not end up being protected if jailer was alive. Jailer was alive, so the plan worked, but dolphin does not earn those brownie points. I honestly don’t see how it’s not dolphin at this point.

*********lynch dolphin********
Don’t listen to village and shoot whoever the hell I want = wolf
Do listen to the village and make sure to reveal = wolf
Honestly if you hadn’t been on my case since the game began I might take this slightly more seriously.

Don’t listen to village and shoot whoever the hell I want = wolf
Do listen to the village and make sure to reveal = wolf
Honestly if you hadn’t been on my case since the game began I might take this slightly more seriously.

If you ignore it, what happens during role reveals? And if you wait to the end you come off as sketch (and besides, lying about your role can get you into trouble real quick, or make you look sketchier since you have to fabricate a target list). So you did the thing you essentially had to do/thought it would give you village points. Forcing a wolf to do something does not let the wolf earn village points

If you ignore it, what happens during role reveals? And if you wait to the end you come off as sketch (and besides, lying about your role can get you into trouble real quick, or make you look sketchier since you have to fabricate a target list). So you did the thing you essentially had to do/thought it would give you village points. Forcing a wolf to do something does not let the wolf earn village points
Yes because now my wolf style is being so aggressive on the thread to get the vig target settled on so wolfy me can sail into the sunset. Glad I have such evolving wolf play these days.

Also the role reveals that you were pushing to happen tomorrow???

Why would she have to say anything at all? It's not like she was being forced to reveal, it was volunteered

It “adds village points” to her, as she has already made the argument for. When 2 people were already swinging her way today, and all it takes is 4 for hammer

Well don't turn around and thank me for defending you with something you hadn't thought of, that makes me feel less good about doing it lol
No I thought about it I’m saying why did Nav miss it or choose not to include it. I guess I’ll just stop saying thank you for things :p

It “adds village points” to her, as she has already made the argument for. When 2 people were already swinging her way today, and all it takes is 4 for hammer
Swinging my way when? Miz just voted for me after my reveal???

You seem to be defending quite hard over there, I haven’t seen you defend like this since... hmmm ;)
You make me tired. If all you’re ever going to do when we play is call me out from that game it’s just going to get boring for people.

You make me tired. If all you’re ever going to do when we play is call me out from that game it’s just going to get boring for people.

The way hes trying to stir you into a frenzy makes me look at him more, to get you riled up and then somehow end up implicating yourself or make yourself appear more wolfy simply by acting upset

The way hes trying to stir you into a frenzy makes me look at him more, to get you riled up and then somehow end up implicating yourself or make yourself appear more wolfy simply by acting upset
Yeah it’s a fun thing he likes to do apparently while also avoiding questions from me at the same time.

I am debating putting the conundrum that wolves are in right now on thread, as I kind of just want this hammered so we can just finish this game off quickly tonight. If dolphin gets lynched tonight, even if dolphin isn’t the wolf, which I feel strongly that they are, it’s game over for them. It’s MORE effective and more guaranteed if I don’t reveal ahead of time, but I may just want to do that so we end this in speed game fashion. @PippyPony thoughts on me revealing it all?

I am debating putting the conundrum that wolves are in right now on thread, as I kind of just want this hammered so we can just finish this game off quickly tonight. If dolphin gets lynched tonight, even if dolphin isn’t the wolf, which I feel strongly that they are, it’s game over for them. It’s MORE effective and more guaranteed if I don’t reveal ahead of time, but I may just want to do that so we end this in speed game fashion. @PippyPony thoughts on me revealing it all?
You spent all day so far going on about how you want to wait, but now you want to spill all the beans?

Too bad, because now I almost think I would rather wait -- I kinda want to see what the last one will do if this ends up getting kicked up into actual speed game gear tomorrow lol

Why does it make you look at me more? I did the exact same thing with multiple people last game. Dolphin just has the misfortune of playing multiple in a row with me where I find her sketchy

You spent all day so far going on about how you want to wait, but now you want to spill all the beans?

Too bad, because now I almost think I would rather wait -- I kinda want to see what the last one will do if this ends up getting kicked up into actual speed game gear tomorrow lol

I don’t get why you are doing it this way though with how you are voting, as it’s going to influence decisions in a way that will not be beneficial in endgame.