Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't see you volunteering ;)
Gee, funny thing about that.

This makes zero sense pip. You voted to shoot me long before Ziggy said anything about being super saint, and I am not sure how she was telegraphing anything.
I said that was the tinfoily part for a reason, pick any of the other points if you want something more solid

Members don't see this ad.

I get blocker because they don't know what role they are blocking, but bus driver affects the actions performed on people, not the actions they are performing.
Explain this? I thought it was the latter.

If the former, then maybe I should put it this way: if the bus driver attempts to mess with the elected vigilante target as one of those people they swap around, then they had better damn sure hit a wolf with the swap, or they will be my first lynch vote once people start revealing, and I will push a mass claim tomorrow.

So if it is you, for example, and you decide it would be better if you went off script like you did last game, you had better be ready for me to come at you with even more force than I did last time, and I will lynch Cubs immediately when you flip wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)
Explain this? I thought it was the latter.

If the former, then maybe I should put it this way: if the bus driver attempts to mess with the elected vigilante target as one of those people they swap around, then they had better damn sure hit a wolf with the swap, or they will be my first lynch vote once people start revealing, and I will push a mass claim tomorrow.

So if it is you, for example, and you decide it would be better if you went off script like you did last game, you had better be ready for me to come at you with even more force than I did last time, and I will lynch Cubs immediately when you flip wolf.
Bus Driver - switches actions performed on two players
The second and third paragraph are unnecessary. None of us are idiots here. And there really is no need to keep referring to last game where there was no script to begin with. In case you forgot, you didn't end up voting for anyone to be shot, there were only three votes on the board, out of what, 15 players? So chill.

The second and third paragraph are unnecessary. None of us are idiots here. And there really is no need to keep referring to last game where there was no script to begin with. In case you forgot, you didn't end up voting for anyone to be shot, there were only three votes on the board, out of what, 15 players? So chill.
No, as I am annoyed that you are waiting until 1:20am to bring this up when you had literally all day to say something about it, and I don't think it is unnecessary to say I will wolf read any person who decides in the wee hours of the morning to go about saying "ah **** it, i do what I want" to something people have agreed on and talked about for literally hours.

No, as I am annoyed that you are waiting until 1:20am to bring this up when you had literally all day to say something about it, and I don't think it is unnecessary to say I will wolf read any person who decides in the wee hours of the morning to go about saying "ah **** it, i do what I want" to something people have agreed on and talked about for literally hours.
I was just clarifying a role, and that part had not been discussed all day

We're telling at least 5 different people what to do with their abilities here, including not using them, I'm going to make sure the reasoning is solid. It is not my fault I couldn't read your mind to know you would add an addendum or that you misunderstood one of the roles :shrug: I asked a question, there was no need to go off about wolf reading me for something I'm not even involved in.

Sorry, finals meltdown = that probably came off as harsher than I meant it, although I do mean the underpinnings of what I said there, because I realize it's a lot and just want to have the best chance of success :shrug:

@mizchiefmanaged I probably owe you one for snapping at you in PM

Last night (actually, this morning) I slept for 30 minutes from 5:20-5:50, and during that time I dreamt that I was about to walk into a huge exam and broke down crying & wailing like a crazy person, then tried to pull it together, but looked like a complete mess with my hair sticking out sideways and tear stains on my face, etc. The extremely cute British 3rd year ECC resident was around near the exam room for some unknown reason (he has nothing to do with this test haha), and looked at me smiling and was like "...you ok? Ok, you're sure? You think you're gonna make it?" while I was nodding frantically through clearly not having it together. Woke up in panic attack.

...and honestly I feel like that is my life right now, except with less of the whole "kindly, supportive hot dude with accent" element

UPDATE: I must look as disheveled as I did in my dream, because the exam admin ladies both asked me separately if I had lost weight and one of them kept repeatedly trying to feed me a "snack bar". :hungover: At least today is our last day of actual class haha.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Watch the vig be already dead and this whole thing be useless anyway lol

Ok gotta go take a drug* test bye byeee

*Clin pharm. Which I used to love.
Good luck, I hate pharm lol hopefully you can get some sleep with better dreams afterwards

Good luck, I hate pharm lol hopefully you can get some sleep with better dreams afterwards
That... would be nice haha. Unfortunately not in the cards.

I actually love pharmacology, but I completely phoned this one in because I'm already over finals (they just started, it's not a great sign haha).

Members don't see this ad :)
As an aside, with only 1 wolf left, I feel it is better to role reveal tomorrow, not today. To protect certain roles tonight (revealing babysitter or affiliation seer today I think would be less beneficial and doesn’t necessarily solve the logic puzzle today, but can corner the last wolf tomorrow)

I take it back, whoever made that happen gets to go off script whenever they want lol

giphy (18).gif

As an aside, with only 1 wolf left, I feel it is better to role reveal tomorrow, not today. To protect certain roles tonight (revealing babysitter or affiliation seer today I think would be less beneficial and doesn’t necessarily solve the logic puzzle today, but can corner the last wolf tomorrow)
If that was the vigilante shot vs just a swap, then I think I would prefer they claim today? That was not exactly what I'd classify as a wolfy move, and it would be helpful for process of elimination

If that was the vigilante shot vs just a swap, then I think I would prefer they claim today? That was not exactly what I'd classify as a wolfy move, and it would be helpful for process of elimination

We don’t know how that occurred though. We should not isolate our certain roles today, we can do it tomorrow. Will also cause wolves to target them earlier, would rather them be alive tomorrow. Or alternatively, if we are worried about night kills, have them reveal at like 9:59

We don’t know how that occurred though. We should not isolate our certain roles today, we can do it tomorrow. Will also cause wolves to target them earlier, would rather them be alive tomorrow. Or alternatively, if we are worried about night kills, have them reveal at like 9:59
For someone who is really quite smart, you can be kind of a dumdum sometimes

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
And on that note, @Navilly , you want to explain why you felt the need to hammer it home so many times that Coop was not acting wolfy and our interactions weren't worth analyzing?

For someone who is really quite smart, you can be kind of a dumdum sometimes

He is moving up my list again, especially with the coop flip and how she weirdly suddenly started saying she had become suspicious of him yesterday after my claims she always defends him... maybe trying to create some distance there

And on that note, @Navilly , you want to explain why you felt the need to hammer it home so many times that Coop was not acting wolfy and our interactions weren't worth analyzing?

I never said coopah wasn’t Wolfy, that’s putting words in my mouth. I said you and coopah interactions with one another are NAI because you all have personal stuff that you two really need to get over

I’m starting to get super ****ing cranky. I am 100% in a damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation right now and apparently sketchy no matter what the hell I do. Please for the love of god let me know when we’re revealing roles because mine absolutely sucks.

Glad Coopah was a wolf. Thought she was acting pretty normal so hats off to whoever did that. I had absolutely nothing to do with that since my action is N3. I’ll be lurking per usually and popping in here and there.

Glad Coopah was a wolf. Thought she was acting pretty normal so hats off to whoever did that. I had absolutely nothing to do with that since my action is N3. I’ll be lurking per usually and popping in here and there.

My current theory is that bus driver redirected coopah onto themself. Because vig going rogue could lead to them getting wrongly lynched if village. And no one on thread had indicated suspicions of coopah being a wolf

Based on what went down yesterday I’m inclined to think cubs is village. Coop really went after shooting him so unless Coop knew that the wolves were some of the three roles necessary for the shooting thing to turn out as planned it’s unlikely she’d set up another wolf for a potential kill. Although I guess I’d like to see if anyone owns up to switching things around first because that could throw a wrench in that analysis.

My current theory is that bus driver redirected coopah onto themself. Because vig going rogue could lead to them getting wrongly lynched if village. And no one on thread had indicated suspicions of coopah being a wolf
Then the bus driver is someone who really isn’t paying attention or submitted their night action early and peaced out.

Based on what went down yesterday I’m inclined to think cubs is village. Coop really went after shooting him so unless Coop knew that the wolves were some of the three roles necessary for the shooting thing to turn out as planned it’s unlikely she’d set up another wolf for a potential kill. Although I guess I’d like to see if anyone owns up to switching things around first because that could throw a wrench in that analysis.

Even if they had the roles, pushing the cubs Shootig would be less than fortuitous. On role reveals it would be unfortunate for them to show that they went against what they were doing. Which makes me feel better about cubs.

But she low key defended dolphin yesterday, which makes me want to stay there.

Even if they had the roles, pushing the cubs Shootig would be less than fortuitous. On role reveals it would be unfortunate for them to show that they went against what they were doing. Which makes me feel better about cubs.

She also pushed you decently hard so I’m backing off you today.

Lol low key? She was high key defending idk if that really makes me look Wolfy but I know you have to grasp at something for your feels to work out.

Perhaps they did but were then told they were tunneling too much.

Ok I'm done :p

Will re-read the thread whenever I finally get home today, I feel like I should go back to some of my earlier reads.

Official Day 1 Lynch Tally
cubs (1) - Coop
Pippy () -
MsP (5) - Strog, genny, miz, cubs, ziggy
ziggy
(2) - dubz, Pippy
Nav (1) - dolphin
miz (1) - MsP
genny () -
dubz () -
Strog (1) - Nav

11/11
lynch closed

Official Day 2 Lynch Tally
ziggy (4) - Pippy, Coop, dubz, ziggy
cubs (1) - genny
dubz () -
Nav (2) - dolphin, miz
genny (1) - cubs
dolphin (1) - Nav

9/9
lynch closed

Good to know there was at least a wolf on ziggy because if not that was gonna bother me.

Then the bus driver is someone who really isn’t paying attention or submitted their night action early and peaced out.

I have another scenario in mind with respect to that, but I will wait for tomorrow’s reveals to see if that’s confirmed

Lol low key? She was high key defending idk if that really makes me look Wolfy but I know you have to grasp at something for your feels to work out.

But we know how you play as wolf, defending one another quite closely and having 0 degrees of separation ;)

But we know how you play as wolf, defending one another quite closely and having 0 degrees of separation ;)
...uhm actually no. As I’ve said before the only wolf I really defended last game was Stagg. And I defended Paws because our role kind of demanded that....

@genny did you see anything about your earlier concern of that pair?
^so this is in reference to Pip and Dubz. I think Coop felt like she had me pocketed, and was feeling out whether she could start throwing shade at those two and have me follow along with it. It makes me lean Pip and Dubz village, which I was already inclined to do anyway.

...uhm actually no. As I’ve said before the only wolf I really defended last game was Stagg. And I defended Paws because our role kind of demanded that....

There was quite a lack of separation among that pack in general, outsiders and people within the pack all commented on it :)

I don’t like this idea at all. With only one wolf left, let’s get the info on the table and find that wolf. Having village stumble along blindly for another cycle is just going to benefit that lone wolf.

Do you think this type of game necessitates both wolves living a long time?? To avoid tracking mechanics to become seering?

I don’t like this idea at all. With only one wolf left, let’s get the info on the table and find that wolf. Having village stumble along blindly for another cycle is just going to benefit that lone wolf.

Pippy can verify there is sound reasoning there. Or at least I think they will agree on it after explaining myself in pm.

Also I feel like a badass today. I always feel that way after unblocking a cat, it’s so gratifying. Plus the badass feeling offsets the scent of cat urine that seems to linger for the rest of the day.

Reactions: 1 users