Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pippy can verify there is sound reasoning there. Or at least I think they will agree on it after explaining myself in pm.
Can it be explained to me through Miz, or is that too much of a trust leap for you and Pip?

Members don't see this ad.

Can it be explained to me through Miz, or is that too much of a trust leap for you and Pip?

I will be honest right now, you are in my top 3 for wolves, at the lower end of that, but looking back on coopah’s interaction, I feel good about dubz, feel pretty danged good about cubs, have felt decent about pippy (and will admit that I feel this can be a good walking into the sunset moment). So it’s not necessarily that I find you sketchy, because I don’t, more that I find people more village than you at this point. I am feeling good about my dolphin vote, and it could just end on that today. But I promise that there is a logical thought process for doing this tomorrow instead of today with only one wolf left, as wolf is going to have to play some odds tonight since their can be a lot of true seering methods tonight and tomorrow since only one wolf is left.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was quite a lack of separation among that pack in general, outsiders and people within the pack all commented on it :)
Okay well I’m not the whole pack so like don’t comment it as my wolf play because the WHOLE pack sucked at staying separated.

Pippy can verify there is sound reasoning there. Or at least I think they will agree on it after explaining myself in pm.
I also think there is sound reasoning on the side of doing some reveals as I said like 2 hours ago, so I am not going to help your cause too much there

I also think there is sound reasoning on the side of doing some reveals as I said like 2 hours ago, so I am not going to help your cause too much there
At the very least, it might be helpful to coordinate some actions and then look for where things break down. Wouldn’t have to role reveal if we’re just discussing actions and how a villager might best work with the team.

Okay well I’m not the whole pack so like don’t comment it as my wolf play because the WHOLE pack sucked at staying separated.

You really need to cool it on the frustrated wolf front, it became quite obvious in that game, and is coming out strongly now :)

I still find it slightly funny that we went through that WHOLE plan yesterday and now since it somehow netted a wolf we’re figuring out how not to reveal any information...

At the very least, it might be helpful to coordinate some actions and then look for where things break down. Wouldn’t have to role reveal if we’re just discussing actions and how a villager might best work with the team.
I think if it's that generic, it should be on the thread, like what I did yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You really need to cool it on the frustrated wolf front, it became quite obvious in that game, and is coming out strongly now :)
You guys need to learn that just because I put something in capital letters doesn’t mean that much except emphasis. You said the same last game we played that I was playing too emotional so must be a wolf and I turned out village..

Sorry lol

I actually had you at a pretty village lean, but that middle step is concerning to me for reasons that I think Nav is not considering
I can see that. Especially since her role reveal to me came fairly early and then she kind of just broadcast it on the thread like it wasn’t something that would best be kept secret.

I think if it's that generic, it should be on the thread, like what I did yesterday.

I agree on this, we should talk about how roles should approach things, but not who has what roles.

I can see that. Especially since her role reveal to me came fairly early and then she kind of just broadcast it on the thread like it wasn’t something that would best be kept secret.
I have similar concerns about her posts this morning.

If people still have unused actions and there is no sense of fear there about making that obvious, that is extremely worrisome in my mind.

My role is next to useless and I am incapable of seeing a way to use it that is more beneficial to village. We were all talking about role revealing today anyway. Whatever guys. Do whatever. I’m mostly out for the day. Peace.

Let’s ignore the fact that Coopah was pretty strongly going after me for the shoot. **** me. I’ve been doing the best I ****ing can and I’m getting really aggravated. My play style has remained consistent across all the games I’ve played and I’ve been village all three games.

Let’s ignore the fact that Coopah was pretty strongly going after me for the shoot. **** me. I’ve been doing the best I ****ing can and I’m getting really aggravated. My play style has remained consistent across all the games I’ve played and I’ve been village all three games.

Only she was going after me, not you.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you follow any of the last game after you died?

Because some of the things you are doing look like dead ringers for things wolves did in that game.

Re: your last point, I don't know how you would act as a wolf, maybe you are aware of your village tone and are actively trying to replicate that :shrug:

Read my above post lol
I read it. I am seeing myself in your low tier village reads and I'm not sure how that translates into a "walk into the sunset moment" in the same sentence. If anything, it gives me pockety vibes, and you're going to have to do better than that if you're going for the full pocket ;)

For example, I don't think you commented once on my idea yesterday, or if you did, I missed it. I will still accept compliments towards pocket credit after the fact :p

But in all seriousness, typically I feel like you have strong opinions about that sort of thing, and are usually trying to be in the role I was occupying yesterday. Sidelining yourself is hugely sketchballs for you specifically, and we both know it.

You also said something at the beginning of the game to me about role design and functionality, and I feel like I almost have to remind you to take your own advice right now.

@Navilly

PS: I do think there is a chance you're doing what I think you might be doing, but in that case, I would say let it go because I don't care enough about it at this point to muddy the waters in what should be more of a straight forward game-solving situation.

Did you follow any of the last game after you died?

Because some of the things you are doing look like dead ringers for things wolves did in that game.

Re: your last point, I don't know how you would act as a wolf, maybe you are aware of your village tone and are actively trying to replicate that :shrug:
I didn’t, actually. What specifically.

I switched genny and coop last night (hi yes I am bus driver) but I have no idea if that's what caused this to happen

That pretty much clears genny. So that leaves miz and dolphin in my bottom two, with dolphin much more Wolfy than miz for me.

I switched genny and coop last night (hi yes I am bus driver) but I have no idea if that's what caused this to happen
Lol

Remember that time when I said I would be mad if you went off script again?

I'm less mad than anticipated.

But also, I am mildly offended that you think I'm oblivious enough not to pick up on you waving your free spirit around on the thread like a hippie ribbon dancer in dolores park lol

My current reads revolve around nav and Miz. Nav did switch to cubs at the last moment so maybe not a pair but I'd like one of them to flip because both be sketch. And mix because all her reads seem half-grown. And she admitted to grasping at straws. I'm honestly not sure because Genny seems ok with her. So that's my immediate focus.
I'd prefer cubs to nav and nav to Miz but I could get on board with any of those three
These are the two I found on quick scan, @cubsrule4e

Did you read my response to your response?

But did you read my response to your response to my response.

With how you are acting on here, I would be surprised if it was you, which leaves only dolphin in my reads. Feeling better and better about game ending today

o_O

Is the implication here that you know for certain you were not also shot because you are still alive?

Well either that or the vig was blocked somehow, and the consensus in the plan is that the blocker wasnt going to act. Wouldnt the vig have also gotten a message that their kill attempt on me failed if they had acted? I also received no notification that I was attacked but it failed.... or I guess maybe we just arent getting action notifications. The Coop kill looks pretty clearly related to the genny/coop switch.