BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I probably would have pushed AM next just because she was annoying me.
No pls :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Bowling Points
Correctly yeet a wolf: +10 (+4 in dead chat)
Incorrectly yeet a villager -5 (-2 in dead chat)
No posts/Posts but No vote -10
1-2 posts in a cycle -2
2-5 posts in a cycle 0
5-10 posts in a cycle 2
10+ posts in a cycle 4
Shout out to any mod +10
Night Interact with designated wolf -3
(Dead players may only accumulate points based on vote/lynch results)
Make the F7 +10
Vig kill wolf/villager +10/-10
Successfully protect a player +7
Dont use night action (unless strategically entered as No Action) -5 (MEAAAATS!!!!!!)
Starting averages:
Strike 130
Spare 125
All others 120
Gutter 115

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
oho oho! Yay good job village!

Also props to wolves for putting up a good fight… especially since i was village reading 3 of you :dead::hungover:
Genuinely wasn't going to wolf read PShels until her reaction post to Mel's death. Until then it was like "your objection to this villager is noted but... What why?"

Gg wolves!

Final Standings!

Let's give it up for our best bowler of the game: @youngkal!!! With a final average of 188 (+63) you are the Village Bowling Champion!!!

Also, I was not perfectly tallying points based on number of posts, so there was probably a missed point here and there. It happens!

2. Sportponies 183(+58)
3. Lawper 176 (+51)
4. Puppydogtor 170 (+45)
5. Animal Midwife 168 (+38)
6. Justafluff 165 (+50)
7. Alleycat03 162 (+42)
8. Violetvet 157 (+27)
9. Bluestoat 156 (+26)
10. Melchizedek 151 (+26)
11. Aprilthearab 144 (+24)
12. genny 134 (+4)
13. Truenamer 129 (+14)
14. zurburi 128 (+3)
15. Vetmedhead 124 (+4)
16. WildZoo 123 (+8)
17. OcotpusDoctorpus 117 (-8)
18. WorthlessO2 116 (-14)
19. IvyMoose 103 (-22)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
If there were a fifth, I still think Kal is more condemning because she kept redirecting attention off of shelter + was only wagoned when up against a wolf counterwagon.
AM i was targeted from day one because of literally “???” ☠️

@youngkal who was barely in anyone's village reads and targeted the whole game, made it to end game and WON the whole damn game. Woooo!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope this wasnt too bad and that there was some fun had. The number of players slightly altered the balance but I didnt want to exclude anyone...but then they got modkilled anyway. The whole basis of the game were the extra kills to make it more exciting. I had no idea there would be that much posting so I apologize to the people who felt like they couldnt keep up and started giving up.

Wolf mechanics:
Vis: The Lilith is a 5-7-10 split. She could not block those players, but her Wild Card advantage was that if they managed to kill those players off they would receive additional abilities. The catch was they couldnt directly kill all 3, they needed to yeet one or have the village vig kill one. (Thats where the huge push against fluff came that one cycle.) They would have received a 1x strongman, 1x additional strike shot, and a 1x spare shot.

As it were, Vis died first. So the mechanics shifted into each wolf "teaching something" (ie bowling coaching) to the wolves remaining, giving them one advantage as certain wolves died. When Zenge died as the intimidator they got the 1x strongman, and when samac died as the strike hunter they got the 1x additional strike shot.

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Pretending to be village is honestly super tiring. I'm just gonna be a chill, casual open wolf for the time being. Wolfing is fun until you PM with someone and start secretly rooting for village... Oops.
Curious, all: if alley hadn't happened to track samac that night, would any of you have thought me and samac were wolves?
I had both of you in my just below sketch category but complained to mods that I had to vote samac bc of how it would look if i didnt even though thats not where i wanted to push (obvi i was wrong) but still

Dying on N1 and N2 really shot Dubz and I in the foot when it comes to winning, huh

Turns out, it's hard to bowl posthumously :D

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I hope this wasnt too bad and that there was some fun had. The number of players slightly altered the balance but I didnt want to exclude anyone...but then they got modkilled anyway. The whole basis of the game were the extra kills to make it more exciting. I had no idea there would be that much posting so I apologize to the people who felt like they couldnt keep up and started giving up.

Wolf mechanics:
Vis: The Lilith is a 5-7-10 split. She could not block those players, but her Wild Card advantage was that if they managed to kill those players off they would receive additional abilities. The catch was they couldnt directly kill all 3, they needed to yeet one or have the village vig kill one. (Thats where the huge push against fluff came that one cycle.) They would have received a 1x strongman, 1x additional strike shot, and a 1x spare shot.

As it were, Vis died first. So the mechanics shifted into each wolf "teaching something" (ie bowling coaching) to the wolves remaining, giving them one advantage as certain wolves died. When Zenge died as the intimidator they got the 1x strongman, and when samac died as the strike hunter they got the 1x additional strike shot.
This is very cool and I would be open to more games with this kind of mechanistic madness.

Reactions: 2 users
how many in dead chat wanted to yeet me??

• Hmm
Dying on N1 and N2 really shot Dubz and I in the foot when it comes to winning, huh

Turns out, it's hard to bowl posthumously :D

I thought it would at least be something to keep the interest, especially for the people dying early. It went in 2 directions: genny disappeared and dubz powered the entire dead chat from beginning to end lol

• Haha
  • Love
But a salt balm for MY covidy soul pls
Good news, in Farsi "with salt" means something is extra good (salt is very valuable in arid climates, water loss you know!)

So by grace of your salt balm, you too are a winner on this gracious day

• Love
  • Care
Thanks for the game mods! Lots of fun even being dead for most of it.

And GG wolves!! No hard feels though I might still salt yeet you for fun since I didn't get to do it this game ;)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
omg hahaha i have been in tot chat all week saying fluff and shelty are the final 2 wolves 😅😅😅 looks like i was half right!! congrats village!!!!!!!!!!

• Care
Ohhhh we won! 2nd time I made it to endgame niiiice 😃😃😃

• Love
*********************************************************************************
There are also reasons that I can't explain being dead and all. You'll figure it out. Good luck village!
*********************************************************************************
Coming back to this. I rolled with it because I figured at least one of the wolves would try to drive my vote that day on the off chance that I DID have the vote protection and they could waste a cycle. That’s why I kept re-tagging and asking people for their reasons. I was hoping someone would pick out the interactions later.

#5DChess

• Haha
  • Care
Also @potentialsheltervet honestly props to you for subtly revealing April’s secret without making people suspect you for a while! I felt you were really trying to not reveal her secret good job 🥲🥲🥲

• Love
My noob @potentialsheltervet was amazeballs!!! So proud coming from a wolf lineage and killing it in her first wolf game! Then she even cold-killed her grandma at endgame just for good measure. Another great family lineage trait!!!
And killed her great-grandma night 1 🥲

• Care
My noob @potentialsheltervet was amazeballs!!! So proud coming from a wolf lineage and killing it in her first wolf game! Then she even cold-killed her grandma at endgame just for good measure. Another great family lineage trait!!!
@SportPonies I killed you so you could sleep!!
Same with @Aprilthearab. I was against killing you but we wound up doing it so you could rest.
I tried to be a relatively benevolent wolf.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
Went back to the beginning of the game, and man, there are some prime quotes.

I mean that tends to get you eated. You gotta have a little sketch to survive

Better to be eated than yeeted

I do prefer to die eventually. Endgame is for non-chokers.

And of course, the one for which I got into so much nonsense:
Not much data to go on yet, so it makes sense that there isn't too much conversation yet.

Though if we want hot takes, I can say that Animal Midwife is 85-90% likely to be village.
:D

Was it pure luck? Sure. But I'm going to claim I have an AM reading card until someone pries it from my furry hands 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Sure, Pshelty, sure. Or you were just trying to destroy the village bloc lol 😢
I mean, that was part of it. Once my packmates were dead though wolfing just got really lonely. You really miss the village camaraderie once you don't have your wolf buddies to bounce off of.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I mean, that was part of it. Once my packmates were dead though wolfing just got really lonely. You really miss the village camaraderie once you don't have your wolf buddies to bounce off of.
I bet it must've been so lonely not having your buds in wolf chat

All right, I can finally post my salt-encrusted dead sea scrolls and stop screaming to shorty and in dead chat.

There was literally zero actual bussing this game (LOOK AT THIS TALLY!!! GAZE UPON IT. MY GOD), tons of village-reading each other, minimal distancing, and ffs, certainly no damn deepwolf. Wracking my brains, the four reasons I can think of people were losing their **** over the disgusting and egregious deepwolfing: 1) samac had Z block her D2 vote; 2) samac and Z “voted” for me after close when I was outed and shelty voted for samac after she was outed; 3) Z put me in wolf reads the day I was voted out and samac put Z in wolf reads the day he was about to be voted out; 4) free square for “Vis is wolfing”
1) It’s not bussing, as it’s not implicating anyone in the pack. samac didn’t start screaming “I saw Zenge intimidate me” or smth, so it’s impossible to classify it as “throwing someone under the bus”.

When it comes to it being deepwolfing in that it mechanically works against wolves… I just disagree that it works against wincon in the context it was used. Purely mechanically it statistically does, but the game isn’t played on mechanics alone, and the statistical disadvantage of allowing the possibility that, on D2 when there are tons of misyeetable villagers around, a wolf would be pushed over the edge in votes exactly because the voteblocked wolf couldn’t vote to preserve them, AND that the blocked wolf would have been in a position to preserve the other without outing themself, AND the villager that would have been voteblocked instead ended up voting for the wolf, AND it wouldn’t have been completely damning for the wolf to for someone who was hardcore pushing them to be voteblocked (as would be necessary if you wanted to be certain to block a villager who wouldn’t waffle onto a villager and save the wolf)… definitely does not outweigh the advantage of some village cred and avoiding giving village more VCA data. Wolf votes are actually verging on negative utility early game since who is yeeted is so random and they just provide VCA fodder.

It’s similar to killing someone who’s not the absolute best choice mechanically, because NKing someone with their reads puts suspicion on villagers, and the overall gameplay advantage of that outweighs the small mechanical advantage of killing someone slightly more likely to vote a wolf or slightly less likely to be misyeeted. Another analogous situation is choosing not to kill for fakeclaim purposes, though less analogous because that is a serious mechanical handicap vs the very mild one here, yet I’ve never seen anyone kick up a stink about that being deepwolfing and never being able to trust anyone in that pack ever again.

2+3) samac, Z, and I did minimal amounts of distancing and bussing as needed to not be outed for wildly out-of-sync-with-thread-consensus reads, weird resistance to voting each other (and even here, Z made sure not to actually vote me and only “just miss deadline”), and being damned by interactions with flipped wolves.

Anyways, as I’ve said many times, IDGAF if I’m a Known Busser and people kick up a fuss about how I can never be given village points for voting a wolf or whatever. I’m sketchy and people are gonna vote me regardless. And I’m contrary enough that the more people moan about bussing, the more I’m gonna play up loving it. But it does matter to Z that he doesn’t bus and gets credit for voting wolves, and it matters to samac that she doesn’t deepwolf, so I’m mad that people are screaming that they did when they Factually Did Not. If anyone tries to bring up “ohhhhh but there’s precedent for Z bussing/samac deepwolfing” in a future game to wolf read them, please :slap: some sense into them for me :laugh:

Finally, no one is gonna be doing that whole “ohhhh shelty is a Known Deepwolf we need to bring it up every game to caution people against village reading her even when the question of ‘can we rule out shelty bussing?’ is completely irrelevant” thing. I can’t quote Pippy’s “stop hazing my noob, boob” because poppa bear cubs would come after me for kidnapping, but: no hazing my pup, buttercup.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users