California Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not sure where they are in their process, but I never had an interview. A friend of mine told me that they do not hold interviews. Good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Western U. yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet! Such a long waiting game
Yup it is :( just seeing if any word has gone out yet since they said they would be sending interview invites early November. Crossing my fingers good luck!

I haven't received an interview invitation. However, I did get an email saying my application is complete and is now being looked at to see if I fulfill the volunteer hours.

When I applied to CSU SAC, they notified me that I had an interview in late Feb and had my interview in early March. The applicant pool is just crazy. Last year they had about 1000 applicants and picked about 70 to interview. They really spend time looking over the applications. Hope this helps.

I'm curious why CSU Sac receives so many apps compared to UCSF/SFSU (~275). Just checked the difference in tuition. Sac is ~14K cheaper and obviously living expenses are much cheaper in Sac, but is there some other reason why they receive so many more apps?

I'm curious why CSU Sac receives so many apps compared to UCSF/SFSU (~275). Just checked the difference in tuition. Sac is ~14K cheaper and obviously living expenses are much cheaper in Sac, but is there some other reason why they receive so many more apps?
UCSF/SFSU requires a supplemental app with two additional personal statements. I didn't apply to CSU Sac so I don't know if they had a supplemental app but I'm guessing they didn't?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied on 10/15 and still have received anything, not even a confirmation email from MSMC. Emailed them today to see what is going on. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hey for those who applied to Sac State I had a question about the Statement of Purpose. I was wondering if it is a separate essay that we have to complete in addition to the PTCAS essay or if the PTCAS essay satisfies this requirement?

sorry accidentally double posted

Guessing no one has any news from Western U. either? They did say they would be sending out invitations in Nov. for the Dec. interview right?

Guessing no one has any news from Western U. either? They did say they would be sending out invitations in Nov. for the Dec. interview right?

I went to "Preview Day" and asked when they will be sending out invites.
They said they will begin during middle of December!

Hope this helps!

I went to "Preview Day" and asked when they will be sending out invites.
They said they will begin during middle of December!

Hope this helps!

Just had my interview today. It went very well. From the feedback that I am getting from everyone that had their interview, the faculty members (interviewers) were very friendly. Personally, my interviewer made me feel at ease and talked to me in a manner that was very comforting.

It was more like a casual conversation than a formal interview, in my opinion.
We ended up talking about the Lakers and other sport related topics.
Anyways, my advise to the next batch of interviewee is to be yourself. Tell them some memorable moments or experiences that you have come across during your clinical hours. Tell them why you want to be a physical therapist and why you chose this profession as opposed to another health profession (i.e doctor, OT, dentist)

Last edited:
I got an acceptance email from CSUN on 11/14/2013!!

Here are my stats:
University: UCLA '13
Major: Biology BS
Overall GPA: 3.81 (PTCAS), most of my pre-reqs were completed at CC
Pre-Req GPA: 3.76 (PTCAS)
GRE: Verbal:155 Quant:159 Writing:3.5

Extra-Curric: Work (Non-PT related); Church ministry
Volunteer: Around 200 hrs at 2 outpatient settings
Schools Applied: UCSF, CSUN, USC, Western University of health science
Acceptances: CSUN!!
Rejections: N/A
Interviews: N/A

Here are my stats:

Congratulations! You have very nice stats!
You are going to love the traffic on Reseda in the mornings/afternoons if you plan on commuting :)

Here are my stats:

Wow, I thought they weren't sending out acceptances until December, congrats! Good to see a fellow Bruin on here - also a Biology major, but graduated in '12 :) hoping to join you at CSUN!

Got Interview Invitation to WesternU! For either Dec 17 or Jan 14.

Got Interview Invitation to WesternU! For either Dec 17 or Jan 14.
Did you receive an email or a call? I am hoping to get something from them. Also when did you apply if you don't mind me asking.

Hey for those who applied to Sac State I had a question about the Statement of Purpose. I was wondering if it is a separate essay that we have to complete in addition to the PTCAS essay or if the PTCAS essay satisfies this requirement?

I contacted Sac State and they told me to just put "See departmental application." So no you don't need a separate essay.

Did you receive an email or a call? I am hoping to get something from them. Also when did you apply if you don't mind me asking.
I got my interview notice from Western thru email.

I got an email. I submitted everything on PTCAS in July.

Thank you both for the reply and congrats! It sounds like they are going in order of when received so I probably wont hear this week (or maybe this month) because I submitted everything at the end of Sep. Hope to hear something soon, and thanks again! Good luck!

I got an acceptance email from Chapman today!

My stats:
University: UCLA
Major: Sociology/Women’s Studies
Overall GPA: 3.30 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.68 (PTCAS)
GRE: Verbal:154 Quant:156 Writing:4.5
(PTCAS sent apps out 9/10)
Extra-Curric: Work t/o college, sorority, Special Olympics, RMHC, Clinical Care Extender-OC, LA food bank, American Red Cross, Venice home and garden benefit, LA Aids Walk, ++.
Verified PT hrs: 575 outpatient as a PTaide, 40 inpatient as a volunteer. 122 unverified hrs.
Schools Applied: SDSU, CSUN, Regis, Pacific, Chapman, UCSF, LLU, MWU-Glendale, Western U, USC, TUN, Temple (withdrew), Rosalind Franklin, RMUoHP, Saint Augustine-SD (withdrew)

Acceptances: TUN (9/24), Midwestern Glendale (11/01), Chapman (11/21)
Interviews: Midwestern Glendale (10/25), Rosalind Franklin(10/16)-declined, RMUoHP (11/12)- declined, Western (1/14)- maybe decline

I got an acceptance email from Chapman today!

My stats:
University: UCLA
Major: Sociology/Women’s Studies
Overall GPA: 3.30 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.68 (PTCAS)
GRE: Verbal:154 Quant:156 Writing:4.5
(PTCAS sent apps out 9/10)
Extra-Curric: Work t/o college, sorority, Special Olympics, RMHC, Clinical Care Extender-OC, LA food bank, American Red Cross, Venice home and garden benefit, LA Aids Walk, ++.
Verified PT hrs: 575 outpatient as a PTaide, 40 inpatient as a volunteer. 122 unverified hrs.
Schools Applied: SDSU, CSUN, Regis, Pacific, Chapman, UCSF, LLU, MWU-Glendale, Western U, USC, TUN, Temple (withdrew), Rosalind Franklin, RMUoHP, Saint Augustine-SD (withdrew)

Acceptances: TUN (9/24), Midwestern Glendale (11/01), Chapman (11/21)
Interviews: Midwestern Glendale (10/25), Rosalind Franklin(10/16)-declined, RMUoHP (11/12)- declined, Western (1/14)- maybe decline
Congrats fellow Bruin! I have similar stats (lower pGPA but higher cGPA and GRE), hoping that I get an acceptance from them too sometime! I'm guessing my outstanding pre-reqs aren't doing me any favors :/

Congrats fellow Bruin! I have similar stats (lower pGPA but higher cGPA and GRE), hoping that I get an acceptance from them too sometime! I'm guessing my outstanding pre-reqs aren't doing me any favors :/
Thanks!

I have outstanding prereqs too. I am taking the second physics class this semester and have one bio class planned for next semester. Definitely check your status link on webadvisor. When that changes, an email will come ~15mins later. I almost died during those 15 mins. haha. Good luck! hopefully we'll be classmates.

I contacted Sac State and they told me to just put "See departmental application." So no you don't need a separate essay.
Thanks mishmish26 I appreciate it. Have you submitted your app yet?

Just got an email from Western U. saying I was placed on "hold." They said that it will remain like this until otherwise notified (which I will be supposedly updated monthly) in regards to whether I will be invited to an interview. Does anyone know what this means? They make it sound like they are still reviewing my application to see if I will be invited to an interview...any insight is much appreciated!

I have't even gotten a single e-mail from Western yet.
I really hope it's because they sort through the applications in the order it was received...

I have't even gotten a single e-mail from Western yet.
I really hope it's because they sort through the applications in the order it was received...
When did you get everything submitted? I am going to email them tonight asking about this "hold." Hope you hear good news soon!

When did you get everything submitted? I am going to email them tonight asking about this "hold." Hope you hear good news soon!

I submitted it around mid-September, but they had an issue with transferring my letter of recommendations from PTCAS to the secondary application, which then delayed my completion of the application.
Not sure what the "hold" is referring to. I am curious to know and would appreciate it if you updated us or me about it.

I submitted it around mid-September, but they had an issue with transferring my letter of recommendations from PTCAS to the secondary application, which then delayed my completion of the application.
Not sure what the "hold" is referring to. I am curious to know and would appreciate it if you updated us or me about it.
I had everything in by late September (the 27th I believe), so maybe you will hear something soon! Also I just emailed them asking about the "hold" situation and will update everyone/you when they get back to me.

Just got an email from Western U. saying I was placed on "hold." They said that it will remain like this until otherwise notified (which I will be supposedly updated monthly) in regards to whether I will be invited to an interview. Does anyone know what this means? They make it sound like they are still reviewing my application to see if I will be invited to an interview...any insight is much appreciated!
They put me on hold last year, and I was never invited for an interview. BUT I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT IS ALWAYS THIS WAY! Just what it was in my case. And yes, they sent me the same "on hold" note every month. I hope they will come back to you later with an invitation!

They put me on hold last year, and I was never invited for an interview. BUT I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT IS ALWAYS THIS WAY! Just what it was in my case. And yes, they sent me the same "on hold" note every month. I hope they will come back to you later with an invitation!
Thank you for the reply! I guess all I can do is stay positive since it is technically not a rejection...

I received the same email on November 11, I submitted everything pretty much the same time as you. On the 20th of, they just sent me another email saying my application is complete and now is under review. The december interview is soon, so if i dont hear anything soon, then i dunno.

Am I reading it correctly that Fresno St required Organic Chemistry? So would that mean that Chemical Principals I and Chemical Principals II would not count?

I submitted to Western the first week of September, had everything confirmed complete by Sept 12, got an email that my application was complete October 9th, and haven't heard from them since. No hold, no rejection, no interview invite. Just nothing.

Mount St. Mary's I haven't heard a peep out of, I submitted to them the first week of September as well. They replied to my email in late September confirming that my application is complete but that's it.

I submitted to Western the first week of September, had everything confirmed complete by Sept 12, got an email that my application was complete October 9th, and haven't heard from them since. No hold, no rejection, no interview invite. Just nothing.

I've had the exact same experience.

same boat on WesternU! just gotta stay patient.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Everyone,
Just received an acceptance letter from MSMC!! Came in the mail, so be on the lookout!!

Finally found someone! I received an acceptance letter from MSMC in early November. Had been looking through the forum for someone else.

So it seems someone tried to post what it means to be on hold at Western U and for some reason it was showing up in the app for me when I tried to compose a draft, which is strange. Now that I opened up the forum on my computer to type it out for you guys, of course I can't get it to come up again haha no idea why it's not showing up as a post in here... in any case, they said that being on hold means they have some kind of reservation about inviting you for an interview but they don't feel you warrant a rejection, so they put you back in the pile of applications to be reviewed and they'll try and make a decision on you the following month. It's kind of an awkward limbo situation, which sucks.

Did anyone hear anything about Chapman's new Irvine facilities? Are there going to be study spaces, a library etc comparable to their main campus? I know that the buildings previously housed offices/labs. The entire PT department will be moved there next summer, so I am curious as to how the new facilities will accommodate students.

I really like the idea of having a campus to go to rather going to an office building to take my classes.

Has anyone heard from CSUN?