CCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard any updates on when the admissions committee is meeting this month and when we might be able to call to find out our status if we interviewed early this month? This wait is killing me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard any updates on when the admissions committee is meeting this month and when we might be able to call to find out our status if we interviewed early this month? This wait is killing me!!!
Hey! I called on Monday and the lady I talked to (Mary I think) said the adcom already met and we can call at the end of the week. I'm too scared though. I think I might just wait for the letter loll

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I thought at my interview that the Dean said there was only 180 seats not the 200 that everyone said. Can someone confirm this? I am almost 90% sure she said it was 180-185 seats and not 200, because I asked her if it was true that there was going to be 200 seats and she said no only (blank) and I think she said 180-185.

Just trying to figure out how man classmates I will have.

Thanks,

Nick

Hey does anyone have the residency match list for 2009?

i have still yet to receive a rejection letter from ccom although i have heard diddly squat from them

Hey! I called on Monday and the lady I talked to (Mary I think) said the adcom already met and we can call at the end of the week. I'm too scared though. I think I might just wait for the letter loll

Oh my gosh, that scares me too! :eek: Did anyone call and find out? Any updates? Best of luck to everyone!

I interviewed on March 16 and at that time, adcom said we would not find out until the first part of April...has anyone else heard something different? Someone said that 'Mary' told them they could call and find out. Also, I was accepted to AZCOM so will my user account show a separate icon for CCOM matriculation? Does anybody know?

I interviewed on March 16 and at that time, adcom said we would not find out until the first part of April...has anyone else heard something different? Someone said that 'Mary' told them they could call and find out. Also, I was accepted to AZCOM so will my user account show a separate icon for CCOM matriculation? Does anybody know?
I called Wednesday and was told my decision =D. Call the admissions office!

A separate matriculation agreement will show up for each one you are accepted to...

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Wednesday and was told my decision =D. Call the admissions office!

Has your status changed or have you received your matriculation agreement on the CCOM website yet?

Thanks. I haven't received a matriculation agreement from them...i am hoping the decisions have not been made. CHI786, When did you interview? Was it march?

Hey everybody, I'm still looking for a place to live and a roommate(s). Is anyone else in this same position? I have 2 kitties - so I need pet-friendly people!
Send me a PM if you want to talk about housing!!!

hey i interviewed on March 13th, Has anyone heard back from CCOM? (either accept, reject or waitlist) The wait is killing me! (and yes I wanted to be a ghostbuster when I was little) :)

I just called the admissions office and she told me that letters have been sent out and should be there by the end of this week, depending on where you live. She didn't volunteer to tell me my decision over the phone which worries me but at least the wait will be over soon. I interviewed on March 16.

Thanks. I haven't received a matriculation agreement from them...i am hoping the decisions have not been made. CHI786, When did you interview? Was it march?
Yeah I interviewed on March 10th. I received my letter in the mail this morning so I'm sure you'll be getting it soon. Good luck!

When did your matriculation agreement show up in your MWU portal? Or hasn't it?

Ghostbuster, have you had a matriculation agreement show up on your MWU portal yet. We interviewed the same week. The stress is killing me.

I've got an interview on the 13th, does anyone have any advice or perks/bummers about CCOM?

I've got an interview on the 13th, does anyone have any advice or perks/bummers about CCOM?

I would read over the interview feedback on SDN and just go over the popular questions....especially think about some of the ethical questions and just have a solid, decisive answer. There is not a right/wrong answer so don't worry about what you say. During the interview day talk to the rest of your group and get used to conversation. I always learn a lot from others in my interview group even it isn't about the school we're at. Other than that I think CCOM is pretty squared away, except the tuition/fees are real high, but not unacceptable. Just relax and enjoy the experience...and it shouldn't be real cold there now!

Anybody know what their interview schedule is like? Are they still offering interviews for the upcoming Fall class?

I haven't heard anything from this school since completing my secondary. Has anyone been able to get a status update either over the phone or via email?

Anybody know what their interview schedule is like? Are they still offering interviews for the upcoming Fall class?

I doubt it. The AD told me they were going to interview a few days in early April.

April 06: (last month for interviews)
- 4 interview invitations
- 29 interviewed
- 26 alternate list
- 3 denied

May-Aug 06:
- 31 given acceptance

There are only 2 days left for interviews: April 10 and April 13. Also, the class is full but they are interviewing for spots that students decline after acceptance. Hope that helps.

Unlucky 87,

i was just wondering..how do you know that the class of 2013 is FULL.

Considering that they started interviewing in September, it is quite likely that the class is full by now. I think they were planning on filling the class by Christmas holidays. Of course, people decline acceptance offers, even after they paid the $1000 deposits. Even now there are people who will withdraw before classes begin. So, folks will be taken off the waitlist.

Someone at CCOM told me be this in the fall. I don't remember who, but it wasn't very official.

My point is, it doesn't mean much that the class is full. The acceptance list is not totally viable; people will withdraw.

I just had an interview yesterday (which they said was the last day of interviews) and they said the class was not full yet. So everyone cross your fingers:xf:

I'm sure that many people will get accepted between now and the beginning of classes. 200 is a big class size, with a lot of flexibility. Good luck everyone.

Hi guys, just wanted to clarify my previous post. I interviewed on april 7 and they said that the class is full BUT as the accepted students decline, they continue to add more students to ensure that the class remains full. Sorry if my previous post freaked you out.

any acceptances lately? everyone that I have been talking to are getting waitlisted.

Of those accepted months ago, did anyone hear from the Fin Aid office or the Housing Office?

I got my financial award viewable online but nothing back from housing and I submitted that on 1/28. What about you?

I am getting the "No Financial Aid Award Letters were found." I applied for fin aid in January and sent my promissory note early Feb. When did you complete your fin aid application?

Nothing from housing but Catherine Rent said she's working on incoming students' housing applications now. We should hear soon. I applied for housing in January.

I am getting the "No Financial Aid Award Letters were found." I applied for fin aid in January and sent my promissory note early Feb. When did you complete your fin aid application?

Nothing from housing but Catherine Rent said she's working on incoming students' housing applications now. We should hear soon. I applied for housing in January.

Hmmmm I completed my financial aid and sent in my MPN about 2-3 weeks ago. I went with Discover, maybe it depends on who your lender is....

i got "randomly" selected so now i have to turn in my W-2 forms and tax return. Seems like I must of screwed up somewhere. Check your ccom email, thats where i was notified that I have more paper work to do.

I got my FinAid letter the other day. Still no word on housing contract. They said they will send them out in the next few weeks. God CCOM is so damn expensive. I have to take out a grad plus for at least $9000-10,000 since my stafford didn't cover all expenses. Anyone know of any Grad Plus lenders that don't charge for origination & default fees? Or better yet-any scholarships for incoming students?

Is it posted anywhere (on the website for example) how much tuition will be for '09-10?

Discover doesn't charge origination fees for the Stafford loans and has the lowest fees for the Grad Plus loans...

On my award letter it has tuition listed as $46,875 for this year. (I'm OOS)

The tuition hasn't been posted on the main website yet. You can only find out by either calling FinAid or checking your award letter. Team Ziss is correct about the tuition

Actually right after I posted that I checked the website and its now posted as the amount TZ lists above. Man that's expensive. Anyone know if their is still a difference for IS and OOS? And how long does it take to apply for FA?

Actually right after I posted that I checked the website and its now posted as the amount TZ lists above. Man that's expensive. Anyone know if their is still a difference for IS and OOS? And how long does it take to apply for FA?

No difference anymore because of the CORRUPT legislation here in IL..they cut the grant the school was receiving that provided the IS tuition. If you haven't applied for FA apply now cuz it takes some time for all the processing to get through..prob. 2 months or so..

Whoa!! It takes a couple months? I better get on that ASAP. I thought they said it only took a couple weeks.

Whoa!! It takes a couple months? I better get on that ASAP. I thought they said it only took a couple weeks.

Well considering most people probabyl start applying now or later on FAFSA and then MWU will have more applications to process than if you applied early in Feb...maybe 2 months is pushing it..prob a month then..

Well considering most people probabyl start applying now or later on FAFSA and then MWU will have more applications to process than if you applied early in Feb...maybe 2 months is pushing it..prob a month then..

My FAFSA was submitted in January. Other forms were done in February. Still no news on the website for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.