You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CHOOSE YOUR OWWN II - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don’t think it really changes how many lies they’d have to make about their actions. They already have the problem of lying about their actions because PR scum use PRs scummily so if they come into a situation where they have to claim an ability it’s always gonna be tough. I don’t see how doing this would make them more likely to have to claim an ability later.
This is multiball , so PR scum might as well use their PRs to actually scumhunt.
Besides lying about actions or targets is a bit easier than lying about your whole role isnt it? Also this is a heavily mechanic oriented theme so lying here is a bit trickier , you never know what sort of PRs you have targetting you.
I have once been ousted by a damn vanilla cop (Thats a role that tells you whether your target is a vanilla role or not)
Cubs can you restate what you’re saying here? I don’t get your point
I was making a point that cray failed to make in her own post, then came back later and said the same thing, then asked me why I was saying the same thing she already had. Its a moot point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Something about some of Zenge's posts on discard logic have rubbed me wrong. Keeping an eye on him.I mean, I’ve gone back and forth about it. Not Chaos specifically, I am getting village vibes from him.
But the idea in general of choosing a 1x affiliation role to fake claim as scum, is it really that bold?
The thing is, it’s an enormous list of potential roles, so idk what the odds are but if you’re picking randomly, there’s a good chance that you might not hit something someone else has. Even if you do, there’s a decent chance that it might get ignored or overlooked by a player who simply isn’t paying attention to catch it.
Couple that with the fact that maybe your ability role, was a 1x village role And you’re fake claiming your affiliation as the ability role you choice. Plus a scum pack could pool their collective roles to help each other mix and match.
All this to say, I think claiming a 1x affiliation role is something I don’t think village should give too much weight to.
Feels like a reachsomething's bothering me about chaos's tone and im not super sure what it is. I remember last time i played w them being pinged by their town and i think they ended up town so i think it's a symptom of a different website. but "you have my sheep" and then basically paraphrasing what shorty had said not 45 minutes earlier rubbed me wrong
yeet cubs
His confusion and reluctance to reveal his aff role is feeling manufactured to me
I'm at work for most of today so I'll be on later
Im confused because Chaos clearly has some verbage mixed up. I know what he's trying to say at this point, but his terms are completely backwards. The first option of the role description is the alignment/affiliation (ie town mafia, etc). Then the second option is the actual ability.
I am not reluctant at all. I wanted clarification on what chaos was saying, no one talked at all last night, and I literally havent stopped since 8am this morning. You just made your statement about work so you should understand. Now I have a 2 part class reunion to attend so my ability for contribution after the next hour tonight will likely be limited also. Although honestly at this point after todays happening, tonights reunion portion may be looking like a cancel. My role option for affiliation was Town Lover.
Eh, I think it's highly likely for experienced players to self identify sheeping. Sheeping is discouraged but sometimes it's almost impossible not to just really agree with someone and have that be a major part of one's basis for placing a vote. It's especially less problematic when an experienced player acknowledges this because when you know you're sheeping you know what you need to do (watch the sheeped player and the player you voted for for anything that contradicts following/voting that player, and continue to analyze for new insights).I get what you’re saying, but this also just sounds like chaos’ “normal” tone to me? I remember him sounding like this in previous games. It did ping me a bit early on, but now I have kind of gotten used to it. However, the “you have my sheep” was weird phrasing imo. It’s usually encouraged to not sheep people, and that was an odd thing to say.
E
Eh, I don't give it town points because it sounds like a good way for scum to stall about revealing any info until they can check in with the pack, ans something I do as scum constantly in any caseBtw , I think Viscernable is most likely telling the truth about her alignment coz of this line , so thats probably town
@Chaostrodon
So the language has been screwing me up and confusing me. Normally when we talk about “role” it’s a character or non-consistent thing. Like last game my alignment was village, my ability was seer, and my role was Donut (character from Red Vs blue). Calling a vig/vanilla/whatever ability a “role” was throwing me off.
I was assuming for his game that role = affiliation + ability. But it looks like ability and role are being used interchangeably?
I guess with the understanding from my previous post and above I got my affiliation from town vanilla. Although I though I was just picking the role (aff + ability) that I actually have now.
This explains what Ive been trying to say about chaos.
I have cubs and coops as scummiest so far. Also see the points on WonderingStudent and could go there too.
For now
##### yeet Cubs ####
WonderingStudent yeet might give some data on Dubz and Shorty though.
For now
##### yeet Cubs ####
WonderingStudent yeet might give some data on Dubz and Shorty though.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
But not Chaos?WonderingStudent yeet might give some data on Dubz and Shorty though.
I don't know how I would read a flip if Wonder for Chaos when I thought about it.But not Chaos?
supershorty- Village lean. Her recent posts feel very village. I have a hard time believing she would willingly pick a scum role. She loves vanilla villager so I could see her picking a PR or vanilla townie but I definitely have a hard time imagining that she would pick a scum role (especially since she discarded a village role, so she could have been village affiliation with the discard).
Crayola227- neutral. Liked our earlier discussion and her thread contributions.
vetschoolsletmeinplease- neutral, slight village lean. So far, sounds like her village tone. Haven’t seen a whole lot from her but she is another person who I would be SHOCKED if she willingly chose to be (edit: scum/NOT) village.
Viscernable- neutral. She was very analytical with the discards earlier, and I followed her logic there. Also, when she and chaos kind of got into a disagreement, her tone sounded genuine. I think she’s a very strong wolf and I could see her picking a scum affiliation.
sunshinefl- MIA
WildZoo- neutral. I think she would pick 3P if she had a choice, and she’s so good at wolfing that she’d actually be a great scum choice. Haven’t noticed a lot from her tone wise, but she sounds identical to me when she’s wolfing and when she’s village.
Stagg737- wolf-lean. The whole “I forgot to pick” and not understanding the role selection seemed legit, but I agree with shorty that he had plenty of opportunities to ask for clarification. I fully admit that I suck at reading him, so I’m probably biased because I always think he’s sketchy.
Zenge142- Neutral, slight village lean. He sounds village so far, but his early defense of me from the salt votes felt kind of like pocketing. He’s a terrifying wolf player, but right now I do like his contributions and he seems pro-village.
Dinashadow- Neutral. I need to see more, but I find myself nodding along with her posts and agreeing with her logic. Thought her Cubs vote makes sense.
Coopah- neutral, leaning wolf. Her frustration seems genuine, so maybe she truly didn’t pick her role. As far as I know I’ve never played with her before. She’s on the same level as Stagg right now when it comes to me not fully understanding what/why she was so confused.
WonderingStudent- wolf-lean. I get sketchy vibes from her. At first I appreciated the analysis she gave of the discards, but it seems like she is being purposely confusing and I get why Dubz and shorty have said she’s sus.
Chaostrodon- neutral, village-leaning. If he’s scum, he’s an incredibly bold scum considering he claimed an affiliation role that only 1 person could have. Maybe he’s a wolf/mafia vig or something (and he used the vig for ability and not for affiliation) but that also seems way too bold/risky.
cubsrule4e- neutral. my judgement is semi-clouded right now because of his saltiness directed towards me, but I think he has more of a village tone. He seems more upbeat and playful? Like as opposed to the serious vibes I got from him during Madagascar.
I think this may have been stated earlier but to say it again/agree with prior sentiment, I dont think you can rely heavily on "what someone likes to be." The whole point in a game like this is to do what people wouldnt expect, especially if youre usually a hardcore village that hates being a wolf. Thats how you easily get a village (not even meta?) read just for existing as a player who doesnt like wolfing. On the other hand, the reverse for someone like myself, who the general consensus is that i "like wolfing." Actually I find it stressful as hell, although I do enjoy it when it happens. That doesnt mean I always want to do that, especially when im non stop read as wolfy. Same for Stagg or whoever else. Im not trying to discredit anything youve said, but like shorty for instance is basically getting an automatic early pass from you because you just dont believe she'd ever pick a scum role. You also never thought samac would betray you (not saying that to bring up salt, using it as a legit example) and look what happened. That long Cray post from yesterday also, a perfectly believable thing for her to say (and it may be the truth 99% of the time), but it gives her a leg up if she did want to pick a scum/3P role.
Do not like. Why have you decided who you’re yeeting D2 with so few posts? Yes, I know this is a joke, but it feels like there’s some level of sincerity to it, plus flippancy about deciding who to vote.
It was a joke.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@cubsrule4e, are you still sitting on a salt vote, or are you scum-leaning alley?
Still reading. I really dont like chaos coming right out of the gate first thing trying to control the thread and spread of info. Also while Im not totally convinced the mixing of terminologies is intentional to be misleading, there is definitely that possibility. He keeps talking about what scum would do vs village etc., like people have never played the game before and cant form their own opinions. And if he is scum, thats a deflection tactic to take attention off of him and follow along with what hes saying about someone else. Maybe its just play style, but based on gut, which is what im going on D1, im moving here for the moment.
unyeet alley
yeet chaos
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Is it, though? I looked at it as an opportunity to have some control over what I am and play what I want to play as the most, not look at it and go "how best can I trick people in this game?"The whole point in a game like this is to do what people wouldnt expect, especially if youre usually a hardcore village that hates being a wolf.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Bit busy but popping in to say that if y'all pile on my d1 vote and it ends up killing a villager again, you have no one to blame but yourselves
Making note that I really like this post from Vis. In the past she’s been known to make “wall posts” when she’s wolfing to look like she’s wolf hunting, but this analysis seems pretty solid.
I also agree with this. The edit she made that i pointed out was exactly for this purpose. Although in this particular situation, with having not played in so long I can see anything she does D1 as just getting back into playing jitters and banter regardless of affiliation. Slight scum feels but not close to voting there at this time.
Yeet wonderBit busy but popping in to say that if y'all pile on my d1 vote and it ends up killing a villager again, you have no one to blame but yourselves
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Hmmm I don't like 2 of my scum leans being on the same vote I am.
@Coopah why are you voting Wonder?
@Coopah why are you voting Wonder?
How do you feel about Wondering and Coops?
Neutral on Wonder, I didn't think her early posts seemed wolfy when I read them, but now I feel like I missed something. Coop is scum lean, but it's been a while since she played AND she modded last game so I'm tabling it for now. Dubz and stagg are also pinging me.
I’d like to know that too. I think the Cubs vote is an interesting choice.
What's interesting about it?
Oh damn, that’s a good point (not that I think Chaos did this, just in general). Scum can claim the rolecard they took ability from as the card they took affiliation from with very few repercussions (there’s few situations where as scum you want to sincerely reveal ability, since you don’t want to limit yourself to town-looking uses of that ability), with no risk that someone else rolled that card.
This is a good point
Also can see scum claim an aff role like "vanilla town" or something that has multiples possible to play on the safe side
Im confused because Chaos clearly has some verbage mixed up. I know what he's trying to say at this point, but his terms are completely backwards. The first option of the role description is the alignment/affiliation (ie town mafia, etc). Then the second option is the actual ability.
I am not reluctant at all. I wanted clarification on what chaos was saying, no one talked at all last night, and I literally havent stopped since 8am this morning. You just made your statement about work so you should understand. Now I have a 2 part class reunion to attend so my ability for contribution after the next hour tonight will likely be limited also. Although honestly at this point after todays happening, tonights reunion portion may be looking like a cancel. My role option for affiliation was Town Lover.
lol I'm not voting for you for being busy today. It's about the way you were questioning chaos' idea about it felt off to me. It started to feel more and more manufactured (as I mentioned). I interpret that as reluctance to role reveal because you have something to hide or that you're attempting to throw shade/confusion on the idea and hoping others agree and not want to reveal so you don't have to either
Overall have gotten a scum feeling. Vague shade at cray and alley for reasoning that seems completely absent (with cray, just repeating the natural conclusion of what she said in a way that implied it was accusatory. I don’t understand that post) or weak (alley discarded town = 1 less chance at choosing town aff). Then there was that joke about yeeting Stagg next that felt like he was semi-serious about deciding already to vote stagg next, too flippant about using your vote
lol shade? My alley vote was salt, as we say, and I dont remember shading cray anywhere at all. Ive interacted with her literally one time to elaborate on a point she made, that she clearly assumed had come across well enough in the post I quoted. So again, my comment there became a moot point anyway.
You clearly have a way different playstyle than me. The "youre next" thing was directly after me joking about voting coop because she couldnt spell ophthalmology correctly. Hopefully that wasnt interpreted as something Id actually do either.
Because she said not toHmmm I don't like 2 of my scum leans being on the same vote I am.
@Coopah why are you voting Wonder?
Hmmm I don't like 2 of my scum leans being on the same vote I am.
@Coopah why are you voting Wonder?
Just keep in mind there are multiple scum factions at play. Makes VCA like this difficult.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
@Dinashadow what's pinged you with Stagg so far?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I know. It's why I was willing to get on a vote that Dubz was on in the first place. But I still don't like it lolJust keep in mind there are multiple scum factions at play. Makes VCA like this difficult.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Coop seems ok to me so far, from my skimming
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Do you have any early reads on the game that you'd like to share?Because she said not to
NopeDo you have any early reads on the game that you'd like to share?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Why? You've softly defended cubs twice now.More interested in a Wonder flip than a Cubs flip.
I had him on the villagey side of neutral, but it seems like most people disagree with me, and his recent posts haven't really made me feel great about my tone read of him. I don't want to vote there yet, but I'm sliding him down in my neutrals.
this vote feels ickyYeet wonder
![]()
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Cool thxNope
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
She's messing with me. So it probably shouldn't feel like anythingthis vote feels icky

She's messing with me. So it probably shouldn't feel like anything![]()
Is it, though? I looked at it as an opportunity to have some control over what I am and play what I want to play as the most, not look at it and go "how best can I trick people in this game?"
And thats fair. But you dont think at all that someone who usually plays village well and is village read couldnt also want to shake things up and be something else? I was only making the point that you cant necessarily use that one thing to automatically give a village read.
but like if she keeps it there it's not like.. greatShe's messing with me. So it probably shouldn't feel like anything![]()
doesn't feel provillage
i get joking w friends bc i do it all the time but like a whole vote feels extreme but i could just be on edge
It was just unexpected.What's interesting about it?
Neutral on Wonder, I didn't think her early posts seemed wolfy when I read them, but now I feel like I missed something. Coop is scum lean, but it's been a while since she played AND she modded last game so I'm tabling it for now. Dubz and stagg are also pinging me.
What's interesting about it?
This is a good point
Also can see scum claim an aff role like "vanilla town" or something that has multiples possible to play on the safe side
lol I'm not voting for you for being busy today. It's about the way you were questioning chaos' idea about it felt off to me. It started to feel more and more manufactured (as I mentioned). I interpret that as reluctance to role reveal because you have something to hide or that you're attempting to throw shade/confusion on the idea and hoping others agree and not want to reveal so you don't have to either
Do you not agree with myself and Stagg that the way he has presented all of this role vs alignment vs ability vs affiliation is not confusing? Or couldnt be for someone who is new or has never played with them like myself?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I agree with this. I just also think it's oversimplifying the content of alley's post to say she was doing that. The reads where I saw her doing that the most, she had as neutral because they hadn't posted much yet.And thats fair. But you dont think at all that someone who usually plays village well and is village read couldnt also want to shake things up and be something else? I was only making the point that you cant necessarily use that one thing to automatically give a village read.
I agree with this. I just also think it's oversimplifying the content of alley's post to say she was doing that. The reads where I saw her doing that the most, she had as neutral because they hadn't posted much yet.
Right, I used you specifically because it was the most obvious statement she made. I was just using that to my make point, and again, not discredit her entire list because of that.
Because I feel better about my wonder pings than my Cubs concerns.Why? You've softly defended cubs twice now.
I had him on the villagey side of neutral, but it seems like most people disagree with me, and his recent posts haven't really made me feel great about my tone read of him. I don't want to vote there yet, but I'm sliding him down in my neutrals.
Have I defended Cubs? I don’t think that I have, I’m just not keen to vote there and more cautious about a Cubs flip.
I spent most of RvB scum reading Cubs because he comes off super scummy. So with people saying “hey he seems scummy” I’m hesitant to immediately think it’s because he actually is scum.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aw man, cubs quoted me before I could fix my grammatical errors.
I know the vote was salt, but was this post purely a joke out of salt from last game? It didn’t read that way to melol shade? My alley vote was salt, as we say, and I dont remember shading cray anywhere at all. Ive interacted with her literally one time to elaborate on a point she made, that she clearly assumed had come across well enough in the post I quoted. So again, my comment there became a moot point anyway.
You clearly have a way different playstyle than me. The "youre next" thing was directly after me joking about voting coop because she couldnt spell ophthalmology correctly. Hopefully that wasnt interpreted as something Id actually do either.
Apparently not alley. So there's one of her possible 3 chances at town gone.
Why? You've softly defended cubs twice now.
I had him on the villagey side of neutral, but it seems like most people disagree with me, and his recent posts haven't really made me feel great about my tone read of him. I don't want to vote there yet, but I'm sliding him down in my neutrals.
My "tone" may have a lot to do with my IRL today (not that you have to believe that or not use that for your info gathering) combined with me trying to do a complete catch up and respond to all of the developments with concise answers so people know where I stand before I have to go out for the evening.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aw man, cubs quoted me before I could fix my grammatical errors.
We'll add you in with "Coo" for the wolf post editing points. (Joke!!!)
@Dinashadow what's pinged you with Stagg so far?
Similar to cubs, 'confusion' is starting to feel manufactured. He finally revealed his aff role and it was vanilla town which would be a super safe option to pick if you don't want to reveal your actual aff role
Cray vote seems kinda weird too. His reasoning is based on things she said pre-game. I don't know what he's referring too (@Stagg737 would you clarify?), but I'm also town-leaning cray atm.
have coop, cubs, stagg, or wonder put their affiliation claims up yet?
if y'all haven't, why not?
(i know sunny hasn't bc literally just got here)
I threw away vanilla, kept town affiliation.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Here's the current affiliation claims:
shorty: town mason
Cray: town godfather
please: town doctor
Vissy: town conspiracy theorist
sunshine: _______
alley: vanilla town
Dubz: vanilla town
Stagg: vanilla town
Zenge: town hero
Dina: town persona non grata
Coop: vanilla town
Wonder: _________
Chaos: town vig
cubs: town lover
shorty: town mason
Cray: town godfather
please: town doctor
Vissy: town conspiracy theorist
sunshine: _______
alley: vanilla town
Dubz: vanilla town
Stagg: vanilla town
Zenge: town hero
Dina: town persona non grata
Coop: vanilla town
Wonder: _________
Chaos: town vig
cubs: town lover
My main point with that was that some people definitely have preferences. I know shorty and Pleasy both prefer village roles significantly, but I included other things in my reads of them besides knowing their personal preferences. I do not want to village read anybody based solely on their likelihood of whether or not they would pick a scum role. It’s just a piece of the puzzle to me.And thats fair. But you dont think at all that someone who usually plays village well and is village read couldnt also want to shake things up and be something else? I was only making the point that you cant necessarily use that one thing to automatically give a village read.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 159K