Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys, there is a "sunshine committee" on our class council :laugh:

Obviously, my friend and I decided we needed to be this and are running for it together hahaha

Reactions: 5 users
You guys, there is a "sunshine committee" on our class council :laugh:

Obviously, my friend and I decided we needed to be this and are running for it together hahaha
I don't remember which school you go to but I remember @Abnerrs mentioning being sunshine chair at hers!

So, I'm exhausted, and therefore when it comes to that physio final...
CRONsQ1UwAANbqq.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Weren't we talking about making it more fifty shades of grey in another thread?

Yea, pretty sure it was my SDN love story about to unfold which included another forum member I won't name and her shameless advances :smuggrin:

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like a good majority of vet schools will be done with finals before us, while they started two months after us.

:boom:

I just gotta make it through a week and a half, two presentations, four papers, a project, some homework, and a final (and a partridge in a pear tree) and then I'm home free for break!

If only time could go by just a teensy bit faster.

Reactions: 2 users
WSU! Same as Abnerrs :) I actually met her a few weeks ago at the hospital randomly!

Hey, does your class ever have wet labs in the necropsy auditorium? Wherever they have labs I wonder if anyone I know is in there. I don't know what year they are though, so it might not be the first years.

Hey, does your class ever have wet labs in the necropsy auditorium? Wherever they have labs I wonder if anyone I know is in there. I don't know what year they are though, so it might not be the first years.

None of our classes do this semester. I think one of the classes we take second or third year might? Or an elective. I'm not really sure.

I want to go wander into necropsy to watch things but it seems so much more serious than the rest of the hospital and I'm afraid, too :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just gotta make it through a week and a half, two presentations, four papers, a project, some homework, and a final (and a partridge in a pear tree) and then I'm home free for break!

If only time could go by just a teensy bit faster.

Four finals and two practicals for surgery for me! I'm done the 14th. So ready to be done, but feel like there is so much left to do before then.

None of our classes do this semester. I think one of the classes we take second or third year might? Or an elective. I'm not really sure.

I want to go wander into necropsy to watch things but it seems so much more serious than the rest of the hospital and I'm afraid, too :laugh:

All the path people are so nice though! I feel the opposite about the hospital. Whenever I have to wander out of my little realm I feel like everything becomes more intimidating.

You wouldn't be the only one coming to just hang out. We have a 4th year who's interested in pathology, and he comes in every now and then when he has some time even though he already had his rotation. I think they like to give the pathologist on the floor a heads up before shadows come in, but that might just be a non-student thing.

You should come hang out with us, we're fun!

I feel like a good majority of vet schools will be done with finals before us, while they started two months after us.

Is your school one of the ones with extra time in clinics?

I have found that in general pathologists are a lot less serious than everyone else, and also awesome in every way :D we have a viewing balcony that anyone can hang out on at any time, and necropsy rounds most days, more than anything it seems that here at least they want to get people more interested in it. I'm almost certain if you asked they'd be cool with you observing.

I felt the exact same way the last two years when my school started Jan 2 and went until July....

Hang in there, break is almost here!

Exactly two weeks from today is our last final, and then I'll be free...

Really nervous about how my grades are going to turn out for anatomy, nutrition, and histophys. :scared: Upperclassmen tell me that I'll be fine and that they also thought they did very poorly in these classes only to be pleasantly surprised (especially in nutrition, which I guess a good third of the class usually technically fails but gets saved by the curve), but I can't help but worry.

There goes all chances of specializing, haha. I'm just not smart enough for that ish (or vet school in general, it seems)!

It's your first semester. It's a huge adjustment. Don't sell yourself short with what you can accomplish of the next 3.5 years! You are very smart! Get through the next two weeks. You can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I need an 11% to pass histology on my final and around a 60% to keep my B in the class.. so should be doable. But I had a dream last night that I got a 10% because on the practical they made me cut, fix, and stain my own slides and then identify cells on them without a microscope. So then I got kicked out of vet school for failing.
:barf:

Is it next Friday yet so finals can be over?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

When are you done?

My last final is December 16th, I have four more regular tests (one of which is tomorrow and I should really be studying for it right now...) and three finals to get through! Along with a paper final draft and a PowerPoint to turn in for my history elective, but that shouldn't take long. Then after finals I have to stick around for the weekend to help with c/o 2021 interviews, but that should be fun!

I need an 11% to pass histology on my final and around a 65% to keep my B in the class.. so should be doable. But I had a dream last night that I got a 10% because on the practical they made me cut, fix, and stain my own slides and then identify cells on them without a microscope. So then I got kicked out of vet school for failing.
:barf:

Is it next Friday yet so finals can be over?

I feel ya. Last night I had a dream that I somehow ended up with a D- in one of my classes and was in trouble with administration because of it, on the brink of failing out of vet school, etc. :scared:

I feel ya. Last night I had a dream that I somehow ended up with a D- in one of my classes and was in trouble with administration because of it, on the brink of failing out of vet school, etc. :scared:

I'll join this dream group, had a dream last night that I got a 6 on my anatomy exam that I had Tuesday.

My dream last night was that I dropped out and became a football cheerleader. I have never danced or cheered in my life.... nor do I have any interest to. But hey-- at least my brain is working on back up plans.

Reactions: 6 users
I had a dream that the microanatomy exam was just getting longer and longer, and time kept speeding up. They gave me an extra 30 minutes, I still wasn't even close to done, but everyone else had finished hours beforehand. I failed and my favorite anatomy professor couldn't look at me. Just shook his head in disappointment. So sad. lol.

I had a dream that the microanatomy exam was just getting longer and longer, and time kept speeding up. They gave me an extra 30 minutes, I still wasn't even close to done, but everyone else had finished hours beforehand. I failed and my favorite anatomy professor couldn't look at me. Just shook his head in disappointment. So sad. lol.
Vet school stress dreams are the worsssst. I once had a dream that I was dissecting alone late into the night but when I tried to leave anatomy lab it was locked. Turned around and I found a zombie professor that wouldn't let me leave until I identified a cut nerve that I had no idea what it was. Scarred me for weeks :p

Reactions: 2 users
They don't end when you graduate. I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was on call..... got called in to massive chaos and multiple surgeries. It has taken a while for me to not think phone ringing at night = being called in.

They don't end when you graduate. I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was on call..... got called in to massive chaos and multiple surgeries. It has taken a while for me to not think phone ringing at night = being called in.

Agreed. The number of times my dreams have been me dealing with emergencies or managing cases I don't even have in the hospital is ridiculous.

last biochem lecture EVER was today :soexcited:

.... now to study biochem....

The only time I dream is when I'm completely caught up on sleep.

Thankfully(?) that doesn't happen very often...
I'm with Trilt. I have no idea when the last time I had a dream was

Y'all need to sleep more then!
Ha!

I think I can get more sleep in like 17 years, depending on when these kids leave the house

Reactions: 1 users
Ahhhhahahahahaha.

You do know that it's never really over, right?

What I meant by that is I'm done with having it beaten into my head for a whole month. Then it's back to the old grind. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
I used to have recurring nightmares that I had signed up for a math class and then proceeded to skip class and miss tests. At that point, it would be the day of the final exam, and I knew nothing. Haven't had one of those dreams this semester, thankfully.

I used to have recurring nightmares that I had signed up for a math class and then proceeded to skip class and miss tests. At that point, it would be the day of the final exam, and I knew nothing. Haven't had one of those dreams this semester, thankfully.

Oh my gosh, I had the same problem throughout undergrad. my dreams always involved math classes too. so weird!

First final is Friday for Anatomy. Had plans to study micro and surgery today since I will be neglecting them until after Anatomy for the most part. Got up at 8. Cleaned, did laundry, etc. Sat down at 12ish to start studying, and passed out till 6pm. It's now 9, stil haven't started studying.

Today's been productive.

12 days and I'm free till January.

Or forever at the rate my studying for finals is going :p

Reactions: 5 users
I'm now eating ice cream and watching Big Bang.

Progress!

Reactions: 4 users
Anatomy final tomorrow. The skull?? Cranial nerves??? Arteries????
But at least I know the hindlimb nerves and vessels real well. That will take me far. /s

We have ours tomorrow too.... transverse sections of the brain... nope nope nope.

We have our lab/practical final for anatomy this Thursday, and the rest of our finals next week. I really wish that we could have just knocked out the lab and lecture finals on the same day. Blah. Not looking forward to that at all. I understand the nerves of the limbs fine, but cranial nerves and all of their branches are just... urgh. Our professor really emphasized knowing the more "practical" aspects of the anatomy---where to perform various reflex tests, how to interpret them, which ones are best when certain injuries are suspected, etc.---so I'm really hoping that that sort of thing makes up a good chunk of the test.

Anatomy final tomorrow. The skull?? Cranial nerves??? Arteries????
But at least I know the hindlimb nerves and vessels real well. That will take me far. /s

Pubicothoracic circumflex fibular ganglion. That's the important one.

Reactions: 3 users