Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As one of the forum's resident old farts (and, a foreign language major - which, admittedly, isn't English), I have a suspicion the variation in ellipses stems from pre- and post-computer era. Similar to the debate about whether McKenzie is alphabetized before or after Madden.

I believe the "..." (no space version) is computerese and the ". . ." is handwrittenese/typewriterese.

And, of course, I'm slow and you're onto a new topic. Ignore me! I'll go sit in my rocking chair.
Actually, the second version used to be the version we used on computers back in the day. I remember using it with MLA in junior high/high school (let's just say that this was before the turn of the millennium). But now it seems like either may be acceptable, depending on the format.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm. I'll just blame Archer if it is.

(If it was a slur would TLC or whatever be allowed to have My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding as a show name?)

Good point, I tend to kind of let that one slide because I feel like unlike most racial slurs, the vast majority of people that use it aren't doing so maliciously, and may not even be aware it refers to a specific ethnic group.

Plus Archer isn't exactly the most politically correct show in the first place. :p
I honestly don't know, haha. I'm scared to call anybody anything now because in RA training they taught us about so many things that they considered slurs that I honestly had never even heard of before so now I just don't know what I'm doing anymore.

I remember somebody got called out in training once because they said "that's crazy" and that's offensive to mentally ill people... but also, as the resident crazy person in training I feel like that's not exactly the hill I want to die on, from a mental health rights perspective. There were similar, freaking exhaustive conversation about saying "you guys" to refer to large groups of people.

Wow. This thread something like quadrupled in less than a day. We haven't even begun vet school yet guys! :corny:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hahahaha yes! Yes we are!

I'm not!
I fit right in I think. I am quite happy to call myself special and unique. Woohoooo!!!! :welcome:

Reactions: 1 users
No but really, I love the humor. I hope you guys are like this in class. It's gonna be a blast!

Reactions: 4 users
Have I met you? I'm just going to point to my location and leave you to think about what a ridiculous question that is.

Fine, no one is sorry. We're all just weird and proud. Better?
I love that your location is snuggling with VMH.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have I met you? I'm just going to point to my location and leave you to think about what a ridiculous question that is.

Fine, no one is sorry. We're all just weird and proud. Better?

I love that your location is snuggling with VMH.
Man, I forgot about her location. You've definitely met me Finny, we're snuggling right now as we speak.

Maaaan I'm gonna get serious FOMO if I get bad news. All of my weird internet friends are in this class.
You have to be in this class! It wouldn't be the same without you! Crossing my fingers :).

@vetmedhead how do you possibly keep up with us all and get all of your studying done? You are in vet school, right?

Night people, keep up the crazy, I'm sure most of you don't sleep anyways. Do me proud!
Hey, some of us are still in daylight times... or at least it is still Monday!

Reactions: 1 user
You have to be in this class! It wouldn't be the same without you! Crossing my fingers :).
You know, if you wanted to tell that to OkState it might expedite the process. ;)

(actually, no. don't actually do that)

@vetmedhead how do you possibly keep up with us all and get all of your studying done? You are in vet school, right?
raw

a7326cef2f279a07bd7767a8153f16a1.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Ironically I am currently a straight A student (and the fact the only participation and homework grades have been entered has nothing to do with it, I promise :whistle:).

But also I did just spend the last several hours watching nutrition lectures and SDNing at the same time. Someone send help.

You know, if you wanted to tell that to OkState it might expedite the process. ;)

(actually, no. don't actually do that)
What's the number? No, I won't!!!! I have to say that my grandma told me that if I didn't get in she would call some political people like the senator and make them understand I needed to get in. You can imagine the stress. I told her NOOOOOO and thank goodness I got in because she told me she would not back down. Oh my, thank goodness I got in without her getting involved!

Ironically I am currently a straight A student (and the fact the only participation and homework grades have been entered has nothing to do with it, I promise :whistle:).

But also I did just spend the last several hours watching nutrition lectures and SDNing at the same time. Someone send help.
:help:

What's the number? No, I won't!!!! I have to say that my grandma told me that if I didn't get in she would call some political people like the senator and make them understand I needed to get in. You can imagine the stress. I told her NOOOOOO and thank goodness I got in because she told me she would not back down. Oh my, thank goodness I got in without her getting involved!
If I were an adcom I woulda let you in if your gma is scary enough.

2vx8KNA.gif
tumblr_m0f6yepMN51r7o9gdo1_250.gif

(P.S. in my search for these gifs I made the huge mistake of searching the term "granny gang gif" and DID NOT SEE WHAT I WANTED TO SEE OH MY GOD.
tumblr_nnxrh2WXo41tq4of6o1_500.gif
)

Reactions: 6 users
OMG you guys. I can't even see my normal emails. They are all alerts from SDN! :laugh:

2vx8KNA.gif

(P.S. in my search for these gifs I made the huge mistake of searching the term "granny gang gif" and DID NOT SEE WHAT I WANTED TO SEE OH MY GOD.
)
WHAT THE 29:)$22@'cksow IS THAT. I NEED TO GO SOAK MY EYES IN BLEACH NOW. WHY DID I NOT LISTEN TO VMH. OMG I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH NOW

2vx8KNA.gif

)
My grandma will be 95 next month. She isn't scary. But she can be pretty stubborn. That quality might run in the genes. I would say determined. I wouldn't be here if that wasn't in my makeup LOL! But no, she just loves me. And she knows I have worked really hard to get here. But I am SO HAPPY I got in on my own :D. You guys are making me laugh OMG.

I was once looking for the Calvin and Hobbes comic where he's running through the neighbors' yard without clothes on, so I typed 'Calvin and Hobbes nude' into an image search and please, please, no one ever do this. I was not prepared.

Seriously, you couldn't figure out that "granny gang" was a bad idea? Seriously? You guys are much too wholesome. :p
I would say that curiousity killed the cat, but in reality curiousity skinned the cat alive and is laughing and the mangled carcass.

I would say that curiousity killed the cat, but in reality curiousity skinned the cat alive and is laughing and the mangled carcass.
. . .

You just took the weird level of this thread and turned it ALL the way up and broke the dial.

I tend to do that a lot. If VMH contributes 50% of the weirdness in this thread, I contribute to 48% more (still trying to get to that 50% mark.)
I feel like you haven't quite contributed enough to this thread to claim that yet. Gotta talk about dreams more :D

true, mom, true... hmmph okay then.

One day I'll get to 50%, an egg can dream, right?
You can dream but that doesn't mean it'll become a reality. Or, I mean, it might. We're still waiting to see what's going to happen with the last one :p

You can dream but that doesn't mean it'll become a reality. Or, I mean, it might. We're still waiting to see what's going to happen with the last one :p
That might be illegal though. Not sure about the age of consent when it comes to eggs. And there's nothing after part 5. I think it ended a wonderful way, no need to delay the process.