VMCVM Class of 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
you dont have to do anything if you want to stay on the waitlist right? only if you want to be removed?

Virginia (IS) alternate. Currently very frustrated at yet another alternate status.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
IS VA Acceptance!! Looking forward to meeting all my new classmates and best of luck to those on the waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I don’t know if anyone knows. This year they said they weren’t putting everyone on the waitlist because the Dean wanted to put the number of people it typically moves in the waitlist. So I guess we’ll find out in April?

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t know if anyone knows. This year they said they weren’t putting everyone on the waitlist because the Dean wanted to put the number of people it typically moves in the waitlist. So I guess we’ll find out in April?
Thank you! I know other schools give out the exact number and ranking right away so I didn’t know if they’ve done that in years past

How many people are usually on the waitlist?
so you’re either accepted or placed on a waitlist, so they usually accept about 40 OOS students, everyone else who interviews was placed on the waitlist :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations everyone!! reach out if you have any questions!!

so you’re either accepted or placed on a waitlist, so they usually accept about 40 OOS students, everyone else who interviews was placed on the waitlist :)

They said they were not putting everyone on the waitlist this year as they have done previous years

Does VMCVM give out offers immediately if someone declines there seat, or do they wait till April to offer these seats?

Reactions: 1 user
So no real rejections - just waitlisted?

IS rejection.. congratulations to everyone who applied!

• Care
So no real rejections - just waitlisted?
that’s how it as usually been in the past, but i’m unsure- edit just saw the person saying they weren’t putting everyone on the waitlist this cycle. I wasn’t aware of that!

I thought this year they were doing things differently and only placing a handful of students in the waitlist?

yes that’s correct. Shelby said that they didn’t not want such an extensive waitlist this year compared to years past.

yes that’s correct. Shelby said that they didn’t not want such an extensive waitlist this year compared to years past.
I guess that’s slightly more assuring. I just wish we would find out ranks before April

That's what I heard them say during the interview orientation. They mentioned that the Dean didn't want to have a long waitlist like in the past.

I guess that’s slightly more assuring. I just wish we would find out ranks before April

Yeah. I wonder if they send out acceptance invites to alternates as people decline or if they wait to some degree? It’s difficult not knowing how many were waitlisted and what your ranking is

Although to be honest, I’m an In-state VA alternate so I don’t foresee much movement happening there. Are the VA and MD alternate waitlist together or are they each their own separate waitlist?

Although to be honest, I’m an In-state VA alternate so I do foresee much movement happening there. Are the VA and MD alternate waitlist together or are they each their own separate waitlist?
separate waitlist!

In the pre-interview zoom, they said the dean wanted to shorten the waitlist this year!!

VA IS acceptance! Can't believe it, so excited to meet all my future classmates :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS waitlist. Super frustrated and disappointed. Feels like a rejection

• Care
IS acceptance! I also have an offer from Penn. I’m have no idea which to choose. How are you guys with multiple offers making these decisions?

• Love
IS rejection… I don’t even know what to do this was my 3rd time applying. Waitlisted the past 2 years and rejected this year. I truly feel my interview performance would be better with an in-person interview, I wish they would go back to that interview style.

• Care
For everyone asking, they notify the waitlist candidate immediately when someone declines a seat.

VA usually moves a few seats. MD a few more. OOS variable, in the range of 25-40.

COVID made things weird though the last few years, as did more schools going to online interviews compared to in person interviews. You might get more movement compared to previous years.

For everyone asking, they notify the waitlist candidate immediately when someone declines a seat.

VA usually moves a few seats. MD a few more. OOS variable, in the range of 25-40.

COVID made things weird though the last few years, as did more schools going to online interviews compared to in person interviews. You might get more movement compared to previous years.
Thank you! Very helpful!!

Yeah, one of the vets I shadow actually got into VA-MD his first cycle of applications, but had initially been on the waitlist. I think he was position #2? And wound up getting in so at least a few waitlisted people should hear good news later!
I am feeling a little panicky, tbh, since this is my IS school and I've yet to get any good news from other US schools I've applied to, so just have to cross my fingers and PRAY the OOS interview I had today went well enough 😭

Yeah, one of the vets I shadow actually got into VA-MD his first cycle of applications, but had initially been on the waitlist. I think he was position #2? And wound up getting in so at least a few waitlisted people should hear good news later!
I am feeling a little panicky, tbh, since this is my IS school and I've yet to get any good news from other US schools I've applied to, so just have to cross my fingers and PRAY the OOS interview I had today went well enough 😭
Ya I figured at least a few who got accepted would end up going somewhere else. I guess it just depends on how many and where we all are on the waitlist

Do they start offering seats as people decline or they do they wait till april?

Do they have an accepted student day or any information sessions between now and the deadline?

Do they start offering seats as people decline or they do they wait till april?
I believe they notify people as seats open (and if we haven't moved off the waitlist by April 3 we are told our rank at that point), but I could be mistaken

1st time application got rejected, don’t know if i will even get a interview again next cycle. Congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist!

• Care
IS acceptance! I also have an offer from Penn. I’m have no idea which to choose. How are you guys with multiple offers making these decisions?
I was in your same predicament. Really loved Penn but also really loved VMCVM. It was significantly cheaper for me to attend VMCVM in both tuition and living expenses, so here I am! I have no regrets, I still mostly love this school :)

Has anyone done the interview review and gotten in the next cycle. I remember during the preinterview zoom session she said you have higher chance of getting I think?