Drew/morehouse/howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

novangel81

cali for life....I HOPE??
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten in? Did youhave other choices? What is making you choose one over the other? Let me know!

Right now it looks like I am off to Morehouse unless Drew follows suit but I didn't choose Howard because the interview day was horrible...but I guess that is how things go. Let me know wassup.

I really also want to find out who's going to each of the schools just for reference...especially Drew and Morehouse since I am looking at them more closely.

Alright hope to hear from everyone soon

Peace

Members don't see this ad.

I am a first year at howard.... not trying to change your mind, but what made your interview day so horrible here? Just curious.

I came at about 8 or 9 and didnt get interviewed until later afternoon almost 6. I was not pleased with that. I felt everything was super disorganized so I guess I just wasn't happy with that experience. I was actually surprised I got in because I had an interviewer who kept trying to make me feel bad about myself and making me feel like I wasn't worthy..but I stood up to him and I guess it worked because I got in.

I did not send in the money to save my spot so howard is out..but hey I don't know. The school itself I have nothing against it is just that I was not pleased that day. I mean some of my good friends have come out of Howard and my cousin is in the Physical therapy program now so I know it has it's pluses trust me..but I guess I was more pleased with my visiting experience at Drew and Morehouse.

Alright well I would like to hear any thoughts you may have.

Peace

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard about and seen for myself just how disorgnazed Howard can be. But sometimes the more I think about it, I think I'd rather have my financial aide arrive 1 semester late than to have someone remind me that the brain in located in the skull, if you get my drift! :laugh:

novangel81 said:
Have you gotten in? Did youhave other choices? What is making you choose one over the other? Let me know!

Right now it looks like I am off to Morehouse unless Drew follows suit but I didn't choose Howard because the interview day was horrible...but I guess that is how things go. Let me know wassup.

I really also want to find out who's going to each of the schools just for reference...especially Drew and Morehouse since I am looking at them more closely.

Alright hope to hear from everyone soon

Peace

I am not faced with your dillema-i know wrong spelling but F**k it- but I will choose Drew simply for the fact that their program gives you the opportunity to do all that you can do at the other two school...serve the underserved while getting a great education at the same time. Lets face it howard and morehouse might be good school but RANKINGS really does matter when it comes to getting into a competitive residency program. The train does not stop here, one really does have to thing about the future. :thumbup:

I interviwed in Morehouse October and felt that it was a pretty well-rounded school--with regards to students doing well on the boards and placing graduates into solid residency programs as well as their specialty of choice. If you are set on going into primary care, and working in the underserved, Morehouse will serve you well. On the other hand, as Supereagles had stated Drew has a more reputable due to its affiliations with the David Geffecn School of Medicine, and would also provide an enriching experience. Personally however, I chose not to apply to Drew because there clinical progam seems quite unstable. Also, as an undergradute pre-med at UCLA, I sometimes sensed a codesending tone of voice when David Geffen students speak of Drew students...I may be wrong on this one, but that was my impression. Good luck in making your decision and all-in-all go with the school you felt most excited about at the interview.Peace
WOATALK

Woatalk said:
I interviwed in Morehouse October and felt that it was a pretty well-rounded school--with regards to students doing well on the boards and placing graduates into solid residency programs as well as their specialty of choice. If you are set on going into primary care, and working in the underserved, Morehouse will serve you well. On the other hand, as Supereagles had stated Drew has a more reputable due to its affiliations with the David Geffecn School of Medicine, and would also provide an enriching experience. Personally however, I chose not to apply to Drew because there clinical progam seems quite unstable. Also, as an undergradute pre-med at UCLA, I sometimes sensed a codesending tone of voice when David Geffen students speak of Drew students...I may be wrong on this one, but that was my impression. Good luck in making your decision and all-in-all go with the school you felt most excited about at the interview.Peace
WOATALK

thats interesting. did you speak with med students and get that impression? thats sad, stupid, and irritating if that is true.

chalklette said:
I ain't tryna be funny or anything but what do you mean by the above?Seriously.

The short story of it means that I've been asked some stupid questions while a student at school's like the University of Florida. I'm applying to Howard this year so please tell me you didn't read this as a dis' toward them. :confused: