You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Morehouse
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
chillstill
Full Member
I put no. Why would you put yes?Thoughts on the question about AI?
they may have used it to for proofreading. Using grammarly is also AI so it’s fair concern for someone to feel like they need to put yes. I read the question more as “are all these your thoughts” like no plagiarismI put no. Why would you put yes?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Brimed2026
Full Member
I submitted my secondary on 08/23. Very fast turnaroundCongrats! When did you submit your secondary?
JayPatel392
New Member
It's a great event to attend the year before you apply. They give you a set of kaplan books for the mcat and morehouse merch. As a reapplicant, I’d recommend being patient and waiting for an interview. Trying to get noticed by the admissions committee before receiving an interview invitation does more harm than good. I attended that event last year hoping it would give me an edge for an interview by interacting with adcoms and the dean, but I ended up with a pre-interview rejection about a month later. Most of the attendees were college students, and people in gap years preparing for the mcat. The event is geared more toward introducing people to health care careers, with tips on preparing for the mcat, navigating the application process, touring the school, and etc.
mangojuice21
Full Member
Does anyone know the chances of being accepted to this school as an ORM Asian? I didn’t know it was an HBCU before applying and only applied because I saw their average mcat was a 508.
I think mission fit is just as important, so just check if you match the missionDoes anyone know the chances of being accepted to this school as an ORM Asian? I didn’t know it was an HBCU before applying and only applied because I saw their average mcat was a 508.
Brimed2026
Full Member
Chances are very low since Morehouse is an HBCU, and their mission prioritizes training black physicians to address healthcare equity and disparities. Most medical schools accept relatively few black students, some don't even accept any black students, so HBCUs are especially intentional about fulfilling this mission of increasing black physicians. To have a strong chance as a orm asian, you would need to demonstrate how your background and goals align with their mission. Since many orm applicants tend to apply to HBCUs mainly because of their stats, HBCUs pay close attention to authenticity and whether applicants truly fit their mission, and easily sniff out orm's who only apply because their mcat was on the lower end. Good luck this cycle.Does anyone know the chances of being accepted to this school as an ORM Asian? I didn’t know it was an HBCU before applying and only applied because I saw their average mcat was a 508.
not_houseMD
Full Member
is this for accepted or matriculated ?View attachment 409321
Here are demographics of people who got accepted to morehouse. It's a low chance for orm.
Mayajae
Full Member
Matriculated*is this for accepted or matriculated ?
That is so not true. I’m a current MD1. We have like 25-30 ORM in our class. Even though we are a hbu we are still very diverse. So don’t count yourself out just yet. And FYI the admissions process is different this year, they are more intentional. So a secondary is a good sign.
mangojuice21
Full Member
Thank you for providing detail. Can you provide more details on how admissions is running this year? How are you liking this school? You're pros and cons about the school? Also the demographics maya posted seems accurate since it has 22 ORM matriculated students.That is so not true. I’m a current MD1. We have like 25-30 ORM in our class. Even though we are a hbu we are still very diverse. So don’t count yourself out just yet. And FYI the admissions process is different this year, they are more intentional. So a secondary is a good sign.
Last edited:
Mayajae
Full Member
Hi the demographic data I posted was 2024 data so it looks like the orm students increased by 3-8 students in 2025. AAMC hasn't published 2025 entering class data yet. Can we ask you questions about the school since you are a current student?That is so not true. I’m a current MD1. We have like 25-30 ORM in our class. Even though we are a hbu we are still very diverse. So don’t count yourself out just yet. And FYI the admissions process is different this year, they are more intentional. So a secondary is a good sign.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not_houseMD
Full Member
It looks like the data is from Admit.org?Hi the demographic data I posted was 2024 data so it looks like the orm students increased by 3-8 students in 2025. AAMC hasn't published 2025 entering class data yet. Can we ask you questions about the school since you are a current student?
Mayajae
Full Member
Yes, admit pulls demographics data from aamc. aamc hasn't updated 2025 entering class data, it only has 2024 class data currentlyIt looks like the data is from Admit.org?
JayPatel392
New Member
@Luckyduckcoin Are lecture mandatory or optional?
Most of them are optional. We have them prerecorded you watch as you like. But it is strongly recommended to come in person, so a lot of people do. There are non negotiables for in person. Like lab, and fundamentals of medicine course work. And to answer ^^ I’m loving it. And ATL is so nice lol, I’m so atl now. But everyone here is nice, atmosphere is great. It is letter grade though.
@Luckyduckcoin Are lecture mandatory or optional?
JayPatel392
New Member
I toured the school last year. It's such a great school, felt like family and administration and staff genuinely care about the students. The students were so supportive of each other. The lunch served in the cafeteria was good. Definitely in my top 3 of schoolsMost of them are optional. We have them prerecorded you watch as you like. But it is strongly recommended to come in person, so a lot of people do. There are non negotiables for in person. Like lab, and fundamentals of medicine course work. And to answer ^^ I’m loving it. And ATL is so nice lol, I’m so atl now. But everyone here is nice, atmosphere is great. It is letter grade though.
chillstill
Full Member
I'd love to go to a HBCU like Morehouse so badly. Type of environment for me!! Bless us with the interviews Morehouse 🙂)))
How was your interview?+1 OOS II (on 8/20), complete date 8/13, LM 69
How was your interview?+1 OOS interview invite. LM 72, URM.
anybody have their interview today? how did it go?
Spartangoddess
Full Member
Interviewed last week. Loved the school and would be grateful to go there <3
Everyone was very kind and welcoming, even during the interview itself
Everyone was very kind and welcoming, even during the interview itself
Brimed2026
Full Member
Best interview experience I’ve had so far. Huge shoutout to everyone who interviewed today, y'all were all so kind and made the day truly enjoyable. And I have to say, damn y’all were sooooo fine lol. Good luck everyone
My thoughts exactly 🤣 when I walked into the room I said 👀Best interview experience I’ve had so far. Huge shoutout to everyone who interviewed today, y'all were all so kind and made the day truly enjoyable. And I have to say, damn y’all were sooooo fine lol. Good luck everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mangojuice21
Full Member
Everyone who meets the minimum mcat and gpa receives a secondary. If you haven't gotten one yet you have to email or call themdo they send secondaries to everybody who meets their min mcat and gpa or only a selection?
I got one was just wondering how good of a sign it is. Thank you!!Everyone who meets the minimum mcat and gpa receives a secondary. If you haven't gotten one yet you have to email or call them
chillstill
Full Member
WOW blessed. what is your LM, CONGRATULATIONS!!!OOS II!!!
Brimed2026
Full Member
Congrats!!! Saw you on other school threads. Happy you finally got a MD interview!OOS II!!!
Mayajae
Full Member
OMG congrats dude. How far out are the interview dates offered?OOS II!!!
64. My application was complete on 8/21WOW blessed. what is your LM, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
The only dates that popped up for me were 10/17 and 10/31OMG congrats dude. How far out are the interview dates offered?
chillstill
Full Member
wow amazing.64. My application was complete on 8/21
TheFalconsAreTerrible
New Member
Question for anyone with experience:
I’m an in-state Georgia applicant, and I have a question about the Morehouse process. Does Morehouse reach out to applicants for clarification about prerequisites or AP credits, or do they just review what’s on your transcript?
On my transcript, my school originally lumped all my AP credits together instead of showing the individual classes I tested out of (e.g., intro bio, chem, etc.). I eventually got them to issue a new transcript that breaks everything down, but the Morehouse portal doesn’t have a document upload section like most other schools do, so I haven’t been able to upload the updated version.
Does anyone know if Morehouse will email you to request additional info, or do they just move on if something’s unclear? First-time applicant, applied back in August—just worried since I’ve heard nothing and my inbox is empty.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
I’m an in-state Georgia applicant, and I have a question about the Morehouse process. Does Morehouse reach out to applicants for clarification about prerequisites or AP credits, or do they just review what’s on your transcript?
On my transcript, my school originally lumped all my AP credits together instead of showing the individual classes I tested out of (e.g., intro bio, chem, etc.). I eventually got them to issue a new transcript that breaks everything down, but the Morehouse portal doesn’t have a document upload section like most other schools do, so I haven’t been able to upload the updated version.
Does anyone know if Morehouse will email you to request additional info, or do they just move on if something’s unclear? First-time applicant, applied back in August—just worried since I’ve heard nothing and my inbox is empty.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Brimed2026
Full Member
Hello, sorry to hear that. The best option would be to call them tomorrow and explain the situation. They should be able to help you and guide you on how to submit the new transcript. I don't think they will reach out for additional info unless you reach out. Here is their number (404) 752-1650, call them in the morning. You can also try emailing themQuestion for anyone with experience:
I’m an in-state Georgia applicant, and I have a question about the Morehouse process. Does Morehouse reach out to applicants for clarification about prerequisites or AP credits, or do they just review what’s on your transcript?
On my transcript, my school originally lumped all my AP credits together instead of showing the individual classes I tested out of (e.g., intro bio, chem, etc.). I eventually got them to issue a new transcript that breaks everything down, but the Morehouse portal doesn’t have a document upload section like most other schools do, so I haven’t been able to upload the updated version.
Does anyone know if Morehouse will email you to request additional info, or do they just move on if something’s unclear? First-time applicant, applied back in August—just worried since I’ve heard nothing and my inbox is empty.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
TheFalconsAreTerrible
New Member
Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!Hello, sorry to hear that. The best option would be to call them tomorrow and explain the situation. They should be able to help you and guide you on how to submit the new transcript. I don't think they will reach out for additional info unless you reach out. Here is their number (404) 752-1650, call them in the morning. You can also try emailing them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mayajae
Full Member
2 day turnaround is crazyyyyyyy. CongratsOOS II. Submitted secondary 10/8.
Thank you!!2 day turnaround is crazyyyyyyy. Congrats
Damn that must be a record. What's your LM?OOS II. Submitted secondary 10/8.
65.6Damn that must be a record. What's your LM?
zoroisthebest
Full Member
the interview here was awesome! you guys will all do great have a wonderful time. Very nice people and atmosphere here
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K