Drexel DPMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I hope you guys are all staying safe. I'm a frequent stalker of this page and currently an applicant. So my admission status just went blank and I'm taking that as a rejection :( has anyone else had this happen?
It means your portal is about to be updated with a decision within the coming days.

Members don't see this ad.

Checking my email like crazy today in hopes to hear of their decision!!! Did anyone hear anything yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg same! I'm forcing myself to go for a walk now as a distraction :laugh:
Literally about to explode LOL I’m realllllllyyyyy hoping we get news today because otherwise we’ll have to wait until after the holiday Monday :drowning:

• Haha
Checking my email like crazy today in hopes to hear of their decision!!! Did anyone hear anything yet?
I literally get pissed off at every email I get that isn't from drexel lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
How many of you are still waiting for an interview? I am. I did my app 05/03, completed about two weeks after.

Reactions: 4 users
Omg same! I'm forcing myself to go for a walk now as a distraction :laugh:
Literally about to explode LOL I’m realllllllyyyyy hoping we get news today because otherwise we’ll have to wait until after the holiday Monday :drowning:
I literally get pissed off at every email I get that isn't from drexel lol.

Hang in there y’all!!! I am losing it too! o_O
I guess it’s time to have a glass or FIFTEEN of wine :rofl:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Maybe we’re all in a level of Dante’s Inferno where you just wait for ever.

At this point its like how have they not come up with a concrete day to release decisions and let us know what day. Waiting day by day like this with no clue when I am going to get an email is so stressful. But then again maybe this wait is just getting to my head.

Reactions: 1 user
At this point its like how have they not come up with a concrete day to release decisions and let us know what day. Waiting day by day like this with no clue when I am going to get an email is so stressful. But then again maybe this wait is just getting to my head.
Honestly previous classes knew first round of decisions 1 week ago. Of course there are many factors for why this year is different but I can’t lie, it’s a bit of a bother. I would just like to know so I can plan accordingly for my future, regardless of the outcome. Other programs are sticking to their deadlines more or less so it makes it hard for those of us who are also considering those programs.

Just 37 days (or less) until we all find out our fate! My birthday is in 13 days. Really hoping I get an acceptance to at least one of the programs I’ve applied to by then...

Reactions: 2 users
Just 37 days (or less) until we all find out our fate! My birthday is in 13 days. Really hoping I get an acceptance to at least one of the programs I’ve applied to by then...

Happy early birthday! I hope you get good news soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yooo I completely forgot about the holiday! This is going to be a long weekend

Honestly previous classes knew first round of decisions 1 week ago. Of course there are many factors for why this year is different but I can’t lie, it’s a bit of a bother. I would just like to know so I can plan accordingly for my future, regardless of the outcome. Other programs are sticking to their deadlines more or less so it makes it hard for those of us who are also considering those programs.

I encourage everyone to have backup schools or plans hopefully with a guaranteed interview at the very least! This is really up in the air, but don’t put all of your eggs in one basket.
I read up on this thread that someone missed deadlines to pay their deposit of other schools they were accepted to, & I don’t recommend that! At least make a deposit to another school you’ve been accepted into. Even if you get into DPMS & lose the other deposit consider it a safe deposit into your future haha.

Would it be unreasonable to send a thank you letter to the interviewer? I’ve done that in past, so I’m wondering if that’s frowned upon or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be unreasonable to send a thank you letter to the interviewer? I’ve done that in past, so I’m wondering if that’s frowned upon or not.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable. I sent a thank you email the day after my interview. I don’t think Drexel is checking their physical mail at the moment, but I think sending an email would suffice.

If those who interviewed early do not get an answer tomorrow, I just might die :lol: :lol::help:

Reactions: 8 users
The silence is slowly killing me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I definitely understand the current situation of the world but I feel them saying first wave of acceptance would be mid May (at least in my interview) when it's more so at the end of May was quite misleading and unnecessarily added to the anxiety of a decision for most of us.

I feel played to say the least lol.

Last edited:
I definitely understand the current situation of the world but I feel them saying first wave of acceptance would be mid May (at least in my interview) when it's more so at the end of May was quite misleading and very unnecessarily added to the anxiety of a decision for most of us.

I know I feel so stressed. They could have just said end of May... I wonder when they would send the 2nd wave of decisions if the first hasn’t even arrived.

I hope you guys are all enjoying Memorial Day despite everything!

I definitely understand the current situation of the world but I feel them saying first wave of acceptance would be mid May (at least in my interview) when it's more so at the end of May was quite misleading and very unnecessarily added to the anxiety of a decision for most of us.

I feel this! I was first told we would hear back 2 weeks after the interview, then by mid may, then by the end of this past week, and now by the beginning of this week. For my sanity I'm just going to wait until the end of this week.

Reactions: 1 users
I was waiting for today, but I feel like today is not the day either

• Sad
Some Interview emails came at around 3pm. I usually give up until that time each day and then wait until the next day lol

• Haha
Im running out of nail to chew on waiting lol my anxiety is at 1000 right now

• Haha
I have not received an II or rejection so I wonder what is the latest to receive an II?

Some Interview emails came at around 3pm. I usually give up until that time each day and then wait until the next day lol
All my updates (Incomplete, and complete status) have been sent at 2:56 lol

I only interviewed two weeks ago tomorrow so I’m trying to mentally prep for a potentially much longer wait. I hope those of you who interviewed back in April begin getting notice soon!

I only interviewed two weeks ago tomorrow so I’m trying to mentally prep for a potentially much longer wait. I hope those of you who interviewed back in April begin getting notice soon!

Me too! The anticipation is killer and the only thing keeping me sane is reminding myself that no news is good news. Hold on there!

It’s crazy because I actually got a call from an unknown philly number yesterday around 1 pm and was scrambling all over to find my phone and answer.

Only for the person on the other end to tell me to pay my electric bill lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Oh man haha, the universe is playing games now

I keep getting ads to look for apartments in philly while I'm casually scrolling through social media and I think its a ploy to just push my anxiety over the edge!!! The universe is 100% playing games. :laugh:

• Haha
If you have not received an interview yet. Like this reply. I want to see how many people are waiting for interviews. Thanks

Has anyone tried reaching out to Steven Rodgers or the admissions office for an update on the timeline?

Has anyone tried reaching out to Steven Rodgers or the admissions office for an update on the timeline?
So I just got off the phone with someone named Erin from the office of graduate admissions and she referred to the statement on the DPMS website that says "The final round of decisions for the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program will be communicated within the first two weeks of June". I can't imagine waiting two more weeks from now so if anyone has the # directly to Mr. Rodgers pls let me know!

So I just got off the phone with someone named Erin from the office of graduate admissions and she referred to the statement on the DPMS website that says "The final round of decisions for the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program will be communicated within the first two weeks of June". I can't imagine waiting two more weeks from now so if anyone has the # directly to Mr. Rodgers pls let me know!
WAIT but they haven't even released a first round of decisions let alone any to make a "Last round" of them. I don't have his number but if someone does and could reach out to him that would save a lot of us some unneeded stress.

What makes it hard is that first decisions were supposed to be released almost 2 weeks ago. If we had any indication of when they would release them (even if it will be in june) that would allow us to stop checking this site or stress everytime we got an email.

WAIT but they haven't even released a first round of decisions let alone any to make a "Last round" of them. I don't have his number but if someone does and could reach out to him that would save a lot of us some unneeded stress.

What makes it hard is that first decisions were supposed to be released almost 2 weeks ago. If we had any indication of when they would release them (even if it will be in june) that would allow us to stop checking this site or stress everytime we got an email.
Right! So for clarity I just now called the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies directly and it seems like no one is in the office or answering the phones :( so I just left a vm.

I don’t have his number but this is his email:
[email protected]

I just released my acceptance from Johns Hopkins’ SMP because their classes started today. I just hope it was worth it for this program, it’s super difficult considering we were told we would have an answer by now!! :unsure:

• Sad
I just released my acceptance from Johns Hopkins’ SMP because their classes started today. I just hope it was worth it for this program, it’s super difficult considering we were told we would have an answer by now!! :unsure:
Aww :( I’m really annoyed on your behalf lol. I told myself that by June 1st I’ll have to give up on this program because this other program acceptance I have is also a blessing even with no conditional acceptance.
Is anyone planning on enrolling in another SMP and then leaving it if they get accepted to DPMS??

Wow I'm so sorry you had to make such a decision. I feel your pain!

Aww :( I’m really annoyed on your behalf lol. I told myself that by June 1st I’ll have to give up on this program because this other program acceptance I have is also a blessing even with no conditional acceptance.
Is anyone planning on enrolling in another SMP and then leaving it if they get accepted to DPMS??
So I'm technically already enrolled in another one of Drexel's programs (in the facebook group and everything lol) but I intend to leave once the decision for DPMS comes out. I did get into a program outside of Drexel but I lost my seat due to wanting to wait on DPMS :arghh:

Reactions: 3 users
So I'm technically already enrolled in another one of Drexel's programs (in the facebook group and everything lol) but I intend to leave once the decision for DPMS comes out. I did get into a program outside of Drexel but I lost my seat due to wanting to wait on DPMS :arghh:
Omg I really hope the sacrifice is worth it........... good luck to us!!

I’m currently enrolled in drexel mbs but won’t hesitate to shift over to the DPMS program if given the chance lol.