Drexel DPMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
She just told me first wave will be out by no later than Monday!
Also, this year’s class will be the largest!! Around 55.

good luck guys, stay patient!
You have no idea how much you set our minds at ease, thank you for this!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!! Since you’re in contact with the reps do you know if all the interviews are done as someone on here stated? I have to take summer classes and would really like to get along with life but just want a final rejection to end things! Thanks for all your help!

I just asked her, will let you know. I believe that also depends on the first wave of applicants, if they commit and then also wait lists. But I will let you know what she says

It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for providing us some guidance.

Members don't see this ad :)

This just made my entire day. It feels so good knowing some sort of timeline! Thank you so much!!! :bow::)

Just got an acceptance!!! I am freaking out y’all! Email from Steven Rodgers at 6:07pm. I was complete 10/17, interviewed 4/22.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Also just received my acceptance!!! I literally screamed I am so so happy!! I also interviewed 4/22!! Can’t believe this is real!!

• Love
I just got my acceptance! Complete 3/9. Interviewed 4/27.

Members don't see this ad :)
@mdman754 cGPA 3.35 sGPA 3.2 MCAT 499 but also very unbalanced (Did really well on C/P)
Congrats. So can anyone tell me what other essays they add from the 2. Do you tell about your activities? Just in case if I have to apply again to be more prepare.

Literally just woke up from a nap so I'm going crazy rn! Congrats to everyone all of our waiting paid off!!!

Reactions: 5 users
God hears you (if you believe in God). You rejected other program. Im so happy for you.

my heart is so full!! Thank you so much!

WE’RE GONNA BE DOCTORS Y’ALL!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Omg congratulations all y’all future doctors! Hope more of us will be joining in on your joy in the upcoming weeks!

Reactions: 4 users
Omg congrats y’all !! I still got my fingers crossed !

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations guys!! I got accepted and I am so happyyyyyyyy!!!! Thank Goddd because He is the one who made it happen for me. Can’t wait to meet you guys!!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Class starts on june 30 and is online for the summer correct?

im even more nervous now because I still haven't heard back after my interview but congrats guys you deserve it

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATS guys!! So happy for yall!! Has anyone that interviewed in May gotten accepted? It seems like all April interviewers as of now.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello all! I received an acceptance!!! I am beyond excited!! Interviewed on 5/13. I cannot wait to meet everyone! :) Hopefully more of you hear back soon! The email was in "Promotions" on my gmail account, so I would check other folders just in case!

Reactions: 12 users
Omg I was accepted! I just checked my promotions email and that’s why I know! YAY!

Reactions: 12 users
Congratulations everyone! Very happy for all of y’all!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted. Email sent about 2 hours ago. However, I will be declining my acceptance as I have been accepted to med school. Good luck to you all :)

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted. Email sent about 2 hours ago. However, I will be declining my acceptance as I have been accepted to med school. Good luck to you all :)
Oh wow CONGRATS!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I’m sure you’re going to do great!!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get a waitlist email? I'm wondering if those go out separately from straight acceptances. Congratulations to everyone!!! It's a huge relief to have an answer.

Reactions: 5 users
It seems like these acceptances are for those you interviewed earlier. Does anyone know when the second wave of acceptances will happen?

I saw someone who interviewed on 5/13 get in so I don’t necessarily think it’s for people that interviewed earlier.

Reactions: 2 users
congrats everyone !!!
Is this truly the first wave or is this it ? i'm getting anxious. I just hope if we don't get in that we'll get a notification regardless

congrats everyone !!!
Is this truly the first wave or is this it ? i'm getting anxious. I just hope if we don't get in that we'll get a notification regardless
Yeah I’m curious as to whether the first wave is all in one day or spread over a few days.

I also wanna know if they give decisions over the weekend lol.

Congrats everyone! Has anyone been rejected yet since the acceptances went out?

Congrats everyone! Has anyone been rejected yet since the acceptances went out?
I literally didn’t get any response from them since I’ve been complete! Would love a final decision email!

I do not think so. I interviewed in May and got accepted today.

Hi! I've been lurking on this thread for a bit, but I wasn't anticipating a response until early/mid-June. When I interviewed May 18th, she said we were probably in the second wave of applicants. May I ask when in May you interviewed?

To all those that are present on this thread, along with the individuals that are passing through; understand this: no matter the pitfalls of life, or disappointments we shall face on the path to medicine, never let a closed door deter you from your goals. Just because a door closes, doesn't mean the house doesn't have windows that arent accessible. Hold firm, our time will come - same applys to our personal life.

During undergraud, I considered College to be my least priority, I graduated with a cgpa 2.7 (2014) and became a respiratory therapist (still am), finally got it to a cgpa 3.07 (2019 postbacc). gpa are worst then credit score. Took the MCAT got a 511 (2019). Applied to DPMS and Georgetown SMP (Accepted). I will be applying this cycle through AMCAS, regardless of what anyone says - in the words of Jordan - you miss 100% of every shot you dont take. Good luck everyone.

To all those that got accepted - Congratulations, go in there and kick A**, take no prisoners, this is such a great opportunity. For those that still need to take the mcat or retake, what helped me jump from a constant 501. to a 511 (which isnt all that great I kno) was to start to do Qbanks from UWORLD (not affiliated in anyway, i should deff buy some stock because they are amazing). Start doing questions early on, remember your going to learn the materials and test taking skills just by doing questions. Also getting questions wrong causes you to investigate. Dont go to heavy with those KAPALN and Pricneton books, they are way too dense, you can know everything in the world, but if you cant improve testing taking skills then it kinda sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 19 users
Good luck to you! I will be retaking my mcat in a few weeks time and also applying this summer! Are you going on ahead with Georgetown’s program?
To all those that are present on this thread, along with the individuals that are passing through; understand this: no matter the pitfalls of life, or disappointments we shall face on the path to medicine, never let a closed door deter you from your goals. Just because a door closes, doesn't mean the house doesn't have windows that arent accessible. Hold firm, our time will come - same applys to our personal life.

During undergraud, I considered College to be my least priority, I graduated with a cgpa 2.7 (2014) and became a respiratory therapist (still am), finally got it to a cgpa 3.07 (2019 postbacc). gpa are worst then credit score. Took the MCAT got a 511 (2019). Applied to DPMS and Georgetown SMP (Accepted). I will be applying this cycle through AMCAS, regardless of what anyone says - in the words of Jordan - you miss 100% of every shot you dont take. Good luck everyone.

To all those that got accepted - Congratulations, go in there and kick A**, take no prisoners, this is such a great opportunity. For those that still need to take the mcat or retake, what helped me jump from a constant 501. to a 511 (which isnt all that great I kno) was to start to do Qbanks from UWORLD (not affiliated in anyway, i should deff buy some stock because they are amazing). Start doing questions early on, remember your going to learn the materials and test taking skills just by doing questions. Also getting questions wrong causes you to investigate. Dont go to heavy with those KAPALN and Pricneton books, they are way too dense, you can know everything in the world, but if you cant improve testing taking skills then it kinda sucks.