Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked about roommates in Stiles, and according to Lē Hill, "The roommate list is being handled by housing. I’m unsure if they notify you ahead of time of your roommate."

I guess this doesn't say much but I figured I'd pass along lol
 
I asked about roommates in Stiles, and according to Lē Hill, "The roommate list is being handled by housing. I’m unsure if they notify you ahead of time of your roommate."

I guess this doesn't say much but I figured I'd pass along lol
I asked Resident Life & Housing about roommates through AskDrexel. Maybe if enough of us ask the same question they'll have to respond 🤣
 
I asked Resident Life & Housing about roommates through AskDrexel. Maybe if enough of us ask the same question they'll have to respond 🤣
The roommates are based on what your preferences were when you filled out the form, but you dont get to specifically choose by name.
 
The roommates are based on what your preferences were when you filled out the form, but you dont get to specifically choose by name.
Wait what form? I was never instructed to fill out any preference forms other than the housing agreement that was emailed to me, and that didn't have any roommate info 😳
 
Wait what form? I was never instructed to fill out any preference forms other than the housing agreement that was emailed to me, and that didn't have any roommate info 😳
My apologies. I just got clarification. It is based by gender only. There was no roommate preference form!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I just got an acceptance yesterday and I confirmed today. Does anyone know who I can reach out to they housing forms or anything that I need to be up to speed with

Thanks Xoxo
Hi,

Congrats on your acceptance. I want to ask if you got the notification yesterday after a waitlist or was it quiet for you up until yesterday's acceptance?

Thank you!
 
Hey, I just got an acceptance yesterday and I confirmed today. Does anyone know who I can reach out to they housing forms or anything that I need to be up to speed with

Thanks Xoxo
Im one of the TAs, can you dm me your name and contact info.
 
hey thank you for the update! are they starting to send updates today?
You’re welcome!

My sister is the one who got accepted. I have been trolling this forum for the past two years so I wanted to let y’all know that there is some waitlist movement.

My sister received the waitlist notification in the first week of June and she got accepted on Friday.
 
Hi! For anyone moving into Stiles Hall this weekend and is bringing a car, do you know where you’ll be parking it!?
Hi! I’m bringing my car and I hope to find parking like in front of the housing on nearby. I was thinking of just parking it in the street
 
i bought a parking pass for a lot for $130/month, but it's night access only so I can go in/out from 3pm-8am

lmaooo it was the cheapest long-term parking deal i found but hey i took it-- it's 0.4 mi away (about 7 min walk) from Stiles and you can pay month-to-month as needed this summer
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This question is for the TAs:
A few weeks ago one of the TAs said that this year’s DPMS would have 70 seats, and then another TA said the list has more than half of the seats already taken. I’m in the waitlist that was sent on June 7th, and was wondering if there’s any hope at this point? I’m asking because I looked at the DPMS Facebook group and there’s only about 56 members (including the administrators and moderators. There’s still room but many from the waitlist haven’t heard anything this week. Does the program still have 70 seats? Has there been any behind the scenes mention of potentially getting emails this week?
 

Attachments

  • 9B688C4B-6439-463B-8002-98D807C87F12.jpeg
    9B688C4B-6439-463B-8002-98D807C87F12.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 327
For those that have received housing and move in day info was this emailed directly to you or was it uploaded in our Drexel accounts ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it safe to say that there is no more waitlist movement since the program starts in a few days?
I’m keeping the hope until Sunday night lol the student in my orientation/interview said he didn’t find out till the day before it started last year :’) but maybe I’m just wishful thinking
 
Hi everyone, I have just withdrawn from DPMS because I got accepted into medical school. You guys are all very kind and I really hope one of you gets this seat.

I wanted to include some information that may be helpful for last-minute acceptances:
  1. Move-in is not only on Saturday, but can also be done on Sunday. Their team is very nice and accommodating, so if you have any problems with the timing for moving in, I recommend you contact them. My experience with the info sessions, interactions with the TAs, and contact with their office have all been so positive. I’m sure they will figure something out for you 🙂
  2. There is bus-service through SEPTA very close to Stiles Hall, so don’t worry about bringing a vehicle if it’s not feasible at this short notice. Also, the summer session provides you with free housing so you won’t need to scramble to find an apartment.
  3. When you are accepted, reach out to Jordan or any other TA and they will help you complete any requirements prior to move-in. Everything (and I mean everything is organized and planned out for you, so it’s not stressful at all!)
For those who do not get in this year, please don't lose hope and don’t give up! I got in on my third try after making a last minute decision to submit an application one final time. I’ve been in your shoes and know how difficult and stressful it is, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you 🙂. It’s been a great journey, and I wish you all the best!