DUKE Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TommyGunn04 said:
Is this some kind of a change in policy this year??? I ask because I know for a fact that a number of people were accepted in mid or even late July in past years at Duke (many in my class, which just graduated this May). I don't understand how they can declare that the class is closed, as there's always the possibility that some students are holding waitlist spots at other schools. If a spot opens up elsewhere, they could still lose a few students before classes start, and would need to fill those spots. They always aim for a class of 100, so I'm pretty sure they'd fill the spots with someone off the waitlist, as they did with my class. So why would they be closing it this year so early???

To clarify, I did not speak with Mr. Wallace or Dr. Armstrong, and the person I did speak with said the class was "unofficially" closed, which I assume means is full for now. Of course, as you rightly said, spaces can and hopefully will open up before classes start.

In other news, congrats TommyGunn04 on your recent graduation.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

For everyone still waiting to hear...I was accepted to Duke Last Monday.......And i just deferred my acceptancetoday til next year....I am an intl. student and I don;t think I will be able to accumulate the entire 4 years cost in one week which Due requires of all intl. student................Regardless, my point being.don't give up hope..........I did almost ...til I received Richard Wallace's phone call last Monday while eating my sundae at a NY Mcdonalds......Good luck to u all and I will keep my fingers crossed for u all.i know how it feels.believe me!!!!!!!!! i was there just a week back:)

:luck: good luck you guys!!!!!!!!!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
so is there any information out there......

i know orientation starts pretty much at the end of next week....

**why would anyone drop out at the last minute???
i know that some may be on a waitlist elsewhere and may get off and then choose to go there.... but at this point i think that is getting slimmer and slimmer.... but otherwise is there any other reasons that a spot may open??