MHA I want to work in hospital administration. So you'd say an MHA is absolutely necessary, right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healthcarePR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated pre-med and communications and wanted to go to med school - but found myself in healthcare PR and love it. Med school is not feasible at this point. I've worked in hospital administration and am now at a top agency doing PR for hospitals/pharma. I want to work directly in a hospital in administration - preferably PR/marketing.

My resume is stellar, my grades are great, I've presented research at Mayo, I have references galore. It seems like the perfect fit to pursue an MHA. But is it necessary? I really want to go back to school, and I can do a part time program. My employer will cover up to 5k a semester. But I'm already in debt from undergrad - is it worth it to end up accruing another 28k in loans? Is the cost of getting an MHA worth it? I want to make sure the ROI is a good one. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.