You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah... I only make statements about not likely switching when there is a reason for me to not likely switch.@WildZoo tthese are a handful of D1/opening posts in 3 recent games
The middle two are from same game
This demonstrates that she did not make a blanket statement about not wanting to switch (last post demos a switch) participated in discussion, and commented on the tie factor whereas ties have been an issue today and that hasnt come up
####unlynch stagg####
####lynch SAR####
Self preservation vote
Who would you be lynching if not for self-prez?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’d probably keep my vote on stagg. I’m switching to tip the vote to 4 on someone and your play seems pretty much the same as it was last game when you were village so I didn’t want to Lynch you
I’d probably keep my vote on stagg. I’m switching to tip the vote to 4 on someone and your play seems pretty much the same as it was last game when you were village so I didn’t want to Lynch you
Who's the "you" in this post?
Unlynch Skimble
Lynch Grebes
This will provide me more information than a SAR flip.
Lynch Grebes
This will provide me more information than a SAR flip.
Why keep it on Stagg?I’d probably keep my vote on stagg. I’m switching to tip the vote to 4 on someone and your play seems pretty much the same as it was last game when you were village so I didn’t want to Lynch you
Who's the "you" in this post?
Oh I didn’t quote your thing. You currently have 3 votes on you too I believe, so the “you” was you.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Top one definitely wasn't from D1 so not sure how it factors in, bottom one wasn't she a wolf?@WildZoo tthese are a handful of D1/opening posts in 3 recent games
The middle two are from same game
This demonstrates that she did not make a blanket statement about not wanting to switch (last post demos a switch) participated in discussion, and commented on the tie factor whereas ties have been an issue today and that hasnt come up
I really think you are picking at something that is NAI, and I would have expected more based on this game given the volume of posts and discussions between players that we already have. I don't really want this to turn into a "who can remember skimble's play better" type thing, because I fundamentally disagree with the idea that she's even doing the same thing here that she did in Scientifically Silly.
I do appreciate the effort. Just don't think I feel strongly enough about anyone else to switch my vote with 15 minutes to go.
Is this any different from the other people that have expressed they don't want to die early?This alone makes me want to vote to lynch you because this is such a weird deliberate statement
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Why keep it on Stagg?
I explained my reasoning earlier and haven’t had a change of heart. Just need someone else to have more votes.
Unofficial D1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (4) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (4) - Kara, Stagg, Mixy, grebes
Skim () -
21/24
lynch close in ~15 minutes
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (4) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (4) - Kara, Stagg, Mixy, grebes
Skim () -
21/24
lynch close in ~15 minutes
No my point was there were village posts.Top one definitely wasn't from D1 so not sure how it factors in, bottom one wasn't she a wolf?
I really think you are picking at something that is NAI, and I would have expected more based on this game given the volume of posts and discussions between players that we already have. I don't really want this to turn into a "who can remember skimble's play better" type thing, because I fundamentally disagree with the idea that she's even doing the same thing here that she did in Scientifically Silly.
I do appreciate the effort. Just don't think I feel strongly enough about anyone else to switch my vote with 15 minutes to go.
And that the first one wasn't d1 but was opening post
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oooo if it ends in a tie do they battle??
Is this any different from the other people that have expressed they don't want to die early?
I think that depends. Grebes and Coffee are the only ones I noticed doing that, at least overly so, and I mentioned having feels for both of them. Since I was gone for a lot of the day, I haven't had a chance to read too closely to catch up, so if anyone else has expressed they don't want to die early it's simply because I didn't see it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah your reason hasn't tried to analyze a good reason to lynch him other than aggressive which has been addressed...I explained my reasoning earlier and haven’t had a change of heart. Just need someone else to have more votes.
Unlynch SAR
Lynch Grebes
Unofficial D1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, grebes
Skim () -
21/24
lynch close in ~10 minutes
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, grebes
Skim () -
21/24
lynch close in ~10 minutes
D1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, Grebes
Skim ()
21/24
lynch close in ~10 minutes
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, Grebes
Skim ()
21/24
lynch close in ~10 minutes
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh gotcha. I wouldn't consider that quite the same as the random voting stage, even if it was her first post.No my point was there were village posts.
And that the first one wasn't d1 but was opening post
Looked back, realized Skim started Lurking as a villager and was converted later, so that's my bad for misremembering.
I don't think she's really doing the same thing she did in Scientifically Silly though. I mean, I realize I modded that game, so of course I knew she was a wolf, but it was a very obviously weird play to me there, to vote for you for something that happened in sign ups and be unwilling to budge. Here she is voting for AM for something AM did during the game and is unwilling to budge unless she explains herself. To me that is different.
This is probably irrelevant now since neither of you are leading candidates and you're not even voting for her anymore...
Who's the "you" in this post?
Really? 😵
Is this any different from the other people that have expressed they don't want to die early?
That's not much of a defense effort. Casual defenses from village bother me without any further reasoning about why it's casual. The explanation doesn't always help that much in my eyes, but the "oh well" attitude sometimes comes across as a wolf trying to play it cool imo. Kind of wifom, but I'd expect a little more defense from most people than that. Especially a noob proclaiming they want to live.
I think that depends. Grebes and Coffee are the only ones I noticed doing that, at least overly so, and I mentioned having feels for both of them. Since I was gone for a lot of the day, I haven't had a chance to read too closely to catch up, so if anyone else has expressed they don't want to die early it's simply because I didn't see it.
Lol, did you miss my earlier rant? Then again you also said you had feels for me, so I guess points for consistency?
Really? 😵
There were quite a few candidates near leading so I wanted clarification.
Ok, I do see how they are diffwrent now. For me, the wording is still incanny, and I do want to keep an eye out.Oh gotcha. I wouldn't consider that quite the same as the random voting stage, even if it was her first post.
Looked back, realized Skim starting Lurking as a villager, so that's my bad for misremembering.
I don't think she's really doing the same thing she did in Scientifically Silly though. I mean, I realize I modded that game, so of course I knew she was a wolf, but it was a very obviously weird play to me there, to vote for you for something that happened in sign ups and be unwilling to budge. Here she is voting for AM for something AM did during the game and is unwilling to budge unless she explains herself. To me that is different.
This is probably irrelevant now since neither of you are leading candidates and you're not even voting for her anymore...
did you miss my earlier rant
I must have. I said that I had you on my radar because you were one of the folks harping on some previous game stuff, but that all seems to have subsided. If you had a rant on not dying early I think that would keep you on my radar even if the previous game discussions have died down
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
As long as people want to use meta to evaluate players, previous games are going to be discussed. That's just how it works.
I don't really understand this response to my question for shelterReally? 😵
That's not much of a defense effort. Casual defenses from village bother me without any further reasoning about why it's casual. The explanation doesn't always help that much in my eyes, but the "oh well" attitude sometimes comes across as a wolf trying to play it cool imo. Kind of wifom, but I'd expect a little more defense from most people than that. Especially a noob proclaiming they want to live.
Lol, did you miss my earlier rant? Then again you also said you had feels for me, so I guess points for consistency?
As long as people want to use meta to evaluate players, previous games are going to be discussed. That's just how it works.
I get that, I was just saying that I don't particularly like it. But I'm probably just salty that I haven't played many games so I can't join in on the conversations that easily lol
And it should be used. People can be wrong using it and it ****ing sucks to have old play thrown in your face, but it's just as valid and PITA as having people misinterpret you during the active game.As long as people want to use meta to evaluate players, previous games are going to be discussed. That's just how it works.
lynch closed. Check yo votes!!
Final D1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, Grebes
Skim ()
21/24 (missing Gwen, Glamm, + Snowy)
Final D1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, Grebes
Skim ()
21/24 (missing Gwen, Glamm, + Snowy)
Dramatic? Maybe. Understandable? For sure.I feel like this is excessively dramatic???
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Not sure what the aversion to people saying "I don't want to die early" is for. It's pretty common among villagers and wolves IMO.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kewl guyz. Love you too *sob*
Awwww *pats*Kewl guyz. Love you too *sob*
Dramatic? Maybe. Understandable? For sure.
Not sure what the aversion to people saying "I don't want to die early" is for. It's pretty common among villagers and wolves IMO.
I just feel like it should be a given and doesn't really need to be said, especially not dramatically and/or in excess. but perhaps that just me!

as opposed to everyone who does want to die early...Dramatic? Maybe. Understandable? For sure.
Not sure what the aversion to people saying "I don't want to die early" is for. It's pretty common among villagers and wolves IMO.
it's just a nothing statement.
no **** sherlock, lol.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh sure, it's another tool in the boxAnd it should be used. People can be wrong using it and it ****ing sucks to have old play thrown in your face, but it's just as valid and PITA as having people misinterpret you during the active game.
I only use it for a small number of players who I've seen play both roles multiple times, because otherwise I'm just **** at it. Some people use it to better effect. Just know that when it's used, it's probably going to become a discussion that involves previous games and fact checking and all that

If grebes flips village it works alongside my argument for genny
Where was your argument for genny?If grebes flips village it works alongside my argument for genny
Idk. Page 6??Where was your argument for genny?
I must have. I said that I had you on my radar because you were one of the folks harping on some previous game stuff, but that all seems to have subsided. If you had a rant on not dying early I think that would keep you on my radar even if the previous game discussions have died down
It was rolled into my "it's BS to say someone knows my village meta" rant. Basically said that after Smash I've been killed off as village in first 2 cycles every game and that I'd like to not die. Why do you find it weird for people leading the vote to state they'd like to live though? It's hard to stay alive if you don't defend yourself...
I don't really understand this response to my question for shelter
I feel like noobs who are about to be lynched tend to panic a little more and just saying "I'd like to live" isn't much of a defense. It just comes off wrong, even if the reasons it comes off wrong are largely wifom.
And it should be used. People can be wrong using it and it ****ing sucks to have old play thrown in your face, but it's just as valid and PITA as having people misinterpret you during the active game.
Right, but you have to use it in context. Just saying "Stagg sounds more aggressive than usual, let's lynch him" doesn't really contain much depth of thought. Yea, metas can be used effectively, but good players can imitate or manipulate their metas. So they can end up being twisted back on village. I try to look for people's tells as opposed to reading metas, as tells are often subtle and subconscious; making them more difficult to manipulate as non-village.
DAY 1 LYNCH CLOSED, write-up pending.
Why do you find it weird for people leading the vote to state they'd like to live though?
I think that's a dumb defense. Like Trilt said, stating you want to live is a nothing statement. I don't think anyone wants to die, especially on d1. Come up with a better defense imo
Is this it?Idk. Page 6??
Returning to this post of genny
I think it is interesting because she is usually the kind to drop a vote without explaining. So I feel like actually defending a D1 vote seems odd. That's just me.
I also had G4 (trying a nickname) for a wolf pup briefly. She kept her cool during the game and ended up winning. Genny played that game too and so I think it's odd to jump to excited wolf pup here.
This feels kind of contradictory...Why do you find it weird for people leading the vote to state they'd like to live though? It's hard to stay alive if you don't defend yourself...
I feel like noobs who are about to be lynched tend to panic a little more and just saying "I'd like to live" isn't much of a defense. It just comes off wrong, even if the reasons it comes off wrong are largely wifom.
@capri1722 what were your vague reasons for voting for me?
I think that's a dumb defense. Like Trilt said, stating you want to live is a nothing statement. I don't think anyone wants to die, especially on d1. Come up with a better defense imo
This feels kind of contradictory...
I see where you're both coming from. To clarify: I think saying "I'd like to live" with an explanation as to why you want to live/who people should vote for is normal. But just saying "I want to live" without anything else is a weak defense which rubs me the wrong way.
One is a throwaway statement while one contributes info to village.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some feels stemming from your self-vote and my probably not totally thinking things through as usual. And there wasn't much else to base my vote on [if I had voted for someone else].@capri1722 what were your vague reasons for voting for me?
Thanks for saving me folks. I was gone all day cutting deads like I said I would be before the game started. Gonna go eat supper now and try to catch up on the stupid amount of posts I've skimmed or skipped today. I'll be back for thoughts later
Some feels stemming from your self-vote and my probably not totally thinking things through as usual. And there wasn't much else to base my vote on [if I had voted for someone else].
Yeah, but what specifically?
Yeah, but what specifically?
Whew. I can't believe that actually worked.
quotes
That was quite a good post. What's your point?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 99K