I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
(It was signed for by "Sutton" on the 15th. Then the rest of the order "was handed off directly" whatever the **** that means on the 19th. YOU HAVE GOODIES SOMEWHERE IN THE HOSPITAL!)
The nurses took them because you're a traitor to your kind ;);););)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
...So you don't want people to out their mechanics and don't trust when people discuss them in vague terms?
No that’s not what I said. I don’t necessarily believe that Gwen can make a vouch like that. She’s a clever enough player as a wolf to pick up on things like that, and there was really no need for her to post anything like that, except to wave a big flag that says “see, I’m a village trainer too!” in what could possibly be a wolfy way. That’s what I meant.

Reactions: 1 users
The nurses took them because you're a traitor to your kind ;);););)
Geeeeezzzzzz shots fired.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you had a chance to go back and look over these yet? Reading this I'm not sure you had a good grasp of what each of their reasons were, and if you do now I'd like to see your thoughts.
Okay finished up the reread/reanalyze, so overall for shelter they weren’t on the thread majority of the day after placing the vote and then were on less than an hour before close. So didn’t have huge opportunity to meaningfully change their vote, since they were gone all day. So I don’t like lynching for that but that’s just a personal thing for me. Not totally disregarding shelter in the future.

Now skim and Capri had different initial reasons to vote AM but later on their reasons seemed to line up more. With Capri straight up saying here’s my theory of AM being chaos which is why my vote stayed their. Where skim said the vote was for AM being non-village which would either be wolfy or third party. Could just be a difference in semantics, but since I think you (Capri) mentioned chaos hunting as a wolfy tactic you can both answer if you feel like. Why would a wolf self vote D1?

@capri1722 @Skimble

Reactions: 1 user
Did it state explicitly that you die?

It said that I'm still alive, then some other things. Don't want to give the exact wording at the moment, but the fact that the word alive was used instead of feeling faint or something else made me believe I'd die if I lost enough battles.

It was discussed on thread as well. If she did learn about it in wolf chat though, it could be literally anyone who has played more than 10 games. Hell, she could have asked the mods.

Right, she was saying she believed Shelter was wolfy. I was interested in who else she thought was a wolf, that was about it.

I'm a trainer. I'm not going to tell you my Pokemon/type at this time. I can't battle every night.

That's great if it's true, but that doesn't answer any of my questions. I don't care about your role or what pokemon you have or what type they are. So let's try again: How do battles work? Do you just pick someone to attack or do you get to pick which pokemon you send out?

idk just because I think thats what I'd be doing as a wolf right now.

that being said I am not a huge fan of how @Stagg737 just painted a giant target on Nyan's back so publicly. Don't know if it was a wolfy ploy to cover a kill or goad other people into battling Nyan tonight or if it was a villager mistake....

Except Nyan had already painted that target earlier when she said "I attacked Stagg". I never asked for her role, so why did she provide that but didn't answer any of my actual questions? Seems shady. Kind of like your implications. Wolf points for you.

So this makes me squicky. Like if wolves are roles like team rocket, how much of this should we be putting on the thread? But then again, if wolves are a pack of wild Pokémon, then Stagg asking these questions gives me an uneasy feeling. I don’t like feeling like this.

Again, I never asked for her role. She volunteered it. Considering how generic it is it makes me question if she's telling the truth. Especially since she then said "I'm not telling your what type they are". I was never interested in that, so why try and make it seem like I was? Also do you have any actual evidence for your theory or are these also coming from your butt?

Except Nyan had already painted that target earlier when she said "I attacked Stagg". I never asked for her role, so why did she provide that but didn't answer any of my actual questions? Seems shady. Kind of like your implications. Wolf points for you.
Saying she battled you was different from you saying she's now weakened or whatever, potentially making it easier for a wolf to battle her and get an extra kill or black/white out/ otherwise cause her negative effects. That information did not need to be on thread and looks like a good way to cover yourself if thats exactly what happens tonight

who would you go for if not mixy?

@SARdoghandler who would you go for if not ny?
Why did you stay on stagg/who would you have switched to?

@johnnaboo where you at?

I'm reading the arguments for shelter right now and they seem reasonable. However, based on my current read of D1 I would likely go for jboo. Something about her posts have read very off to me.

I stayed on Stagg yesterday because I literally didn't make it home before lynch closed. I was supposed to cut deads until 4 but there was like 12 of them and we were using it as a learning opportunity for field diagnosis so I didn't make it home until long after I thought I would.

Not sure who I would have changed my vote to yesterday because I still haven't fully read yesterday. Again, probably jboo because it's D1 things I've seen that have made me twitchy about her

Ny is welcome to answer or not as she sees fit, but I felt I needed to state that on thread so that people can understand my wariness about this statement. As well as for Ny to understand why I'm lynching them at this time.
Im slightly confused so let me get this right. after catch up you're lynching ny based on the fact that they cant battle every night?

D2 Literally Half the Roster Lynch tally:

shelter (3)
- Cray, Glamm, capri
Coffee? (1) - Snowy
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ ()
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (3) - KB, mutts, Dubz
Mel (1) - Trilt
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts (1) - shelter
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny (1) - SAR

17/21

Lynch closes in ~1 hour.

Roll call:
@Skimble @johnnaboo @Stagg737 @allieh8607

Members don't see this ad :)
Saying she battled you was different from you saying she's now weakened or whatever, potentially making it easier for a wolf to battle her and get an extra kill or black/white out/ otherwise cause her negative effects. That information did not need to be on thread and looks like a good way to cover yourself if thats exactly what happens tonight

Um, what? I never said she was weakened and as far as I know she never stated that herself. I'll go back and check, but this is really sketch, even for you Mel...

shelter (4)
- Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR
Coffee? (1) - Snowy
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ ()
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (3) - KB, mutts, Dubz
Mel (1) - Trilt
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts (1) - shelter
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny () -

17/21

Lynch closes in ~1 hour.

Roll call:
@Skimble @johnnaboo @Stagg737 @allieh8607

unlynch mutts
lynch SAR

feels based on what she's been saying since she got back. was next on my list anyway.

Lynch SAR for now. I'm kind of flabbergasted by the people throwing shade on ny right now.

Um, what? I never said she was weakened and as far as I know she never stated that herself. I'll go back and check, but this is really sketch, even for you Mel...
I legit thought I'd lost my mind until I found it again:

@nyanko , I was attacked twice last night. First time I was told you lost some HP, second time was told you lost more HP (more was bolted and in caps). So I'd like to know who else attacked me last night as well as if there was anyone else who was attacked.

I might be reading it wrong. Is the you in "you lost HP" referring to Nyanko or yourself?

Again, I never asked for her role. She volunteered it. Considering how generic it is it makes me question if she's telling the truth. Especially since she then said "I'm not telling your what type they are". I was never interested in that, so why try and make it seem like I was? Also do you have any actual evidence for your theory or are these also coming from your butt?
So what do you think of Gwen who is soft vouching some of what Ny claims?

shelter (4) - Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR
Coffee? (1) - Snowy
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ ()
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (5) - KB, mutts, Dubz, shelter, allieh
Mel (1) - Trilt
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts ()
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny (1) - Stagg

19/21

Lynch closes in <1 hour.

Roll call:
@Skimble @johnnaboo

Ny is welcome to answer or not as she sees fit, but I felt I needed to state that on thread so that people can understand my wariness about this statement. As well as for Ny to understand why I'm lynching them at this time.
So you're what, trying to use village code? Really?

Think it's more likely you saw an opportunity to encourage even more info spilling on the thread than has already happened today.

Think it's more likely you saw an opportunity to encourage even more info spilling on the thread than has already happened today.

stop being in my head dubz! You know it freaks me out. Although we've determined it's NAI. You just taught me too well :laugh:

@SARdoghandler I understand what you're saying about ny and mechanics but I feel like you're doing something akin to villager code so I don't see it working out

Yeah, I've been thinking on it and am now leaning more to the fact it's just some quirk in the mechanics - especially with Gwen soft vouching part of it. Doesn't much matter at this point because my vote needs to be for self-pres anyway

I never claimed to be smart, or good at this game. However, we're going to end up with even more info on thread if I have to reveal early enough to allow a switch off of me without a mad scramble.

stop being in my head dubz! You know it freaks me out. Although we've determined it's NAI. You just taught me too well :laugh:
Welp, I've been waiting for this to happen. You can take over from here if we're gonna be on the same wavelength, right? I'm tired.

Here's the exchange that happened and I feel like there's either a ton of misunderstanding/poor reading comprehension going on (too much to be coincidence imo) or at least one person is being shady.

So here is Ny's initial comment:

hi i battled stagg last night and it was said to be successful but i don't really know what that means. maybe stagg can tell us what happened from their end, if they aren't silenced or something?

Initially I thought this was just her trying to help village figure out mechanics, but after re-read the question seems more like she's fishing. Also not sure why she would think I was silenced "or something", but I'll leave that for now. So my response was:

Based on the PMs I got last night, when you run out of HP you die.

@nyanko , I was attacked twice last night. First time I was told you lost some HP, second time was told you lost more HP (more was bolded and in caps). So I'd like to know who else attacked me last night as well as if there was anyone else who was attacked.

Which I now realize probably gave away tmi based on my statements about HP, but I wanted to try and get as strong an understanding of battling as possible. @Melchizedek , the "you" in the above quote was referring to myself. I probably should have written it: First time I was told "you lost some HP",...
I was "battled" by 2 separate people, hence the me losing MORE HP. I see where the mix-up was now, and I was never informed about how the people who battled me were effected.

So then I wanted to know more about game mechanics of the battles and posted this:

This is also something that I'd like to know. @nyanko , since you're the only one who's admitted to being able to start a battle, it would be helpful to get some info. Do you just pick someone to battle and then you battle? Do you pick which pokemon you send out? Do you get to pick which attacks to use? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but this feels like a potentially mechanics heavy game.

Notice, I never asked for role, or what pokemon Ny had, or even how often they can battle. Ny's response was:

I'm a trainer. I'm not going to tell you my Pokemon/type at this time. I can't battle every night.

Which doesn't answer ANY of my questions. So she appears to have outed herself without prompting, gave away an aspect of her ability to battle, and talked about her pokemon, none of which I asked her. The only reason I can think of to do that is either she's extremely confused (which I think she's a better player than that), or she gave out info which is likely false to try and make it seem like I was fishing for info. I also didn't like that Mel and Genny came on shortly after and tried to make it look like I was fishing for role info or really any non-battle-mechanic info. Shade points for all of you.

Shout out though to that time that @SportPonies was running the pack and @Karabiner13 outlined some 5 point plan for the wolves after she was converted and then I was converted. I can't say I learned from the so much since I just did whatever they told me to do and it worked out.
This gave me minor feels for some reason.

If anyone had/has any specific questions for me since I can see my lynch has gained some steam again as usual, please let me know again now that I'm around so that I can respond appropriately. With the game on, I don't know that I will specifically make it through all the posts that may be looking for info from me
This also feels off.

My popcorn is getting cold. So why SAR over Stagg who has similar ideas of ny and asking similarly intrusive questions?

Not defending either
Stagg hasn't stated his reasons yet. I actually didn't find his questions that intrusive considering ny had already stated that she battled him and had asked him to say something about it. They both said more than I think was advisable about those mechanics, but what's done is done.

Meanwhile SAR continued to push after ny made it clear she didn't want to elaborate. Plus already had checks in the wolf column for her.

Stagg hasn't stated his reasons yet. I actually didn't find his questions that intrusive considering ny had already stated that she battled him and had asked him to say something about it. They both said more than I think was advisable about those mechanics, but what's done is done.

Meanwhile SAR continued to push after ny made it clear she didn't want to elaborate. Plus already had checks in the wolf column for her.

Psssst, read a few posts above you.

Welp apparently I'm back to being sketchy for just being me again. That's a cool update.

I'm Brock. If you still think that's wolfy, then sure I can spew more about battling etc on thread but I'd really rather not unless I have no choice

Here's the exchange that happened and I feel like there's either a ton of misunderstanding/poor reading comprehension going on (too much to be coincidence imo) or at least one person is being shady.

Initially I thought this was just her trying to help village figure out mechanics, but after re-read the question seems more like she's fishing. Also not sure why she would think I was silenced "or something", but I'll leave that for now. So my response was:

Which I now realize probably gave away tmi based on my statements about HP, but I wanted to try and get as strong an understanding of battling as possible. @Melchizedek , the "you" in the above quote was referring to myself. I probably should have written it: First time I was told "you lost some HP",...
I was "battled" by 2 separate people, hence the me losing MORE HP. I see where the mix-up was now, and I was never informed about how the people who battled me were effected.

So then I wanted to know more about game mechanics of the battles and posted this:

Notice, I never asked for role, or what pokemon Ny had, or even how often they can battle. Ny's response was:

Which doesn't answer ANY of my questions. So she appears to have outed herself without prompting, gave away an aspect of her ability to battle, and talked about her pokemon, none of which I asked her. The only reason I can think of to do that is either she's extremely confused (which I think she's a better player than that), or she gave out info which is likely false to try and make it seem like I was fishing for info. I also didn't like that Mel and Genny came on shortly after and tried to make it look like I was fishing for role info or really any non-battle-mechanic info. Shade points for all of you.
I guess I could see it but I actually read that as her answering your questions, granted in a vague sort of way. I don't know if that makes sense. I feel like explaining it too much gets in the territory of answering something that ny should probably address herself.

Okay finished up the reread/reanalyze, so overall for shelter they weren’t on the thread majority of the day after placing the vote and then were on less than an hour before close. So didn’t have huge opportunity to meaningfully change their vote, since they were gone all day. So I don’t like lynching for that but that’s just a personal thing for me. Not totally disregarding shelter in the future.

Now skim and Capri had different initial reasons to vote AM but later on their reasons seemed to line up more. With Capri straight up saying here’s my theory of AM being chaos which is why my vote stayed their. Where skim said the vote was for AM being non-village which would either be wolfy or third party. Could just be a difference in semantics, but since I think you (Capri) mentioned chaos hunting as a wolfy tactic you can both answer if you feel like. Why would a wolf self vote D1?

@capri1722 @Skimble
Why would ANYONE self vote d1 (or ever)? The only thing I could think of was that it had to do with a win condition/gaining some kind of power.

I never claimed to be smart, or good at this game. However, we're going to end up with even more info on thread if I have to reveal early enough to allow a switch off of me without a mad scramble.
You've got 29min left by my clock. Not that I'm feeling you as a lynch target at this point in time.

Edit: :ninja:

I will say you are slightly misguided in regards to Ny's initial comment based off stuffs. Not saying they're wolf or not but I see where Ny's reponses were coming from