Here's the exchange that happened and I feel like there's either a ton of misunderstanding/poor reading comprehension going on (too much to be coincidence imo) or at least one person is being shady.
So here is Ny's initial comment:
hi i battled stagg last night and it was said to be successful but i don't really know what that means. maybe stagg can tell us what happened from their end, if they aren't silenced or something?
Initially I thought this was just her trying to help village figure out mechanics, but after re-read the question seems more like she's fishing. Also not sure why she would think I was silenced "or something", but I'll leave that for now. So my response was:
Based on the PMs I got last night, when you run out of HP you die.
@nyanko , I was attacked twice last night. First time I was told you lost some HP, second time was told you lost more HP (more was bolded and in caps). So I'd like to know who else attacked me last night as well as if there was anyone else who was attacked.
Which I now realize probably gave away tmi based on my statements about HP, but I wanted to try and get as strong an understanding of battling as possible. @Melchizedek , the "you" in the above quote was referring to myself. I probably should have written it: First time I was told "you lost some HP",...
I was "battled" by 2 separate people, hence the me losing
MORE HP. I see where the mix-up was now, and I was never informed about how the people who battled me were effected.
So then I wanted to know more about game mechanics of the battles and posted this:
This is also something that I'd like to know.
@nyanko , since you're the only one who's admitted to being able to start a battle, it would be helpful to get some info. Do you just pick someone to battle and then you battle? Do you pick which pokemon you send out? Do you get to pick which attacks to use? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but this feels like a potentially mechanics heavy game.
Notice, I never asked for role, or what pokemon Ny had, or even how often they can battle. Ny's response was:
I'm a trainer. I'm not going to tell you my Pokemon/type at this time. I can't battle every night.
Which doesn't answer ANY of my questions. So she appears to have outed herself without prompting, gave away an aspect of her ability to battle, and talked about her pokemon, none of which I asked her. The only reason I can think of to do that is either she's extremely confused (which I think she's a better player than that), or she gave out info which is likely false to try and make it seem like I was fishing for info. I also didn't like that Mel and Genny came on shortly after and tried to make it look like I was fishing for role info or really any non-battle-mechanic info. Shade points for all of you.